How fast were you going when
亞當斯先生從車上跳下來時
Mr. Adams jumped from the car?
你開得有多快
75?
75邁
And... And where was that?
在...在哪里
I- in your driveway?
在,在你的車道上
HHow far had Mr. Adams gotten in the lesson?
亞,亞當斯先生得到什么教訓了嗎
BBacking out?
再,再也不駕駛了
It's not Lenny Bruce, but it's good.
雖然不是蘭尼·布魯斯,但還不錯
This is better. It's funny.
這個更好笑,更滑稽一些
This guy used to be an accountant. Did you know that?
這家伙曾是會計,你們知道嗎
Really?
真的
He's not anymore, is he?
現在不是了吧
Your wife is here, Mr. Campbell.
您妻子來了,坎貝爾先生
Thank you, Hildy.
謝謝,希迪
Lunch date. Good idea.
午餐時間,好主意
You married folks.
你們這些已婚男人
Must be nice to spend some time together.
歡聚的時光一定很不錯吧
Hello, lovely.
你好,親愛的
You can do better than that.
你能比這做得更好
Ken, Paul, and Harry, of course.
這是肯,保羅,哈里,你認識的
You'll notice only men coming out of there.
辦公室里面可沒女人啊
I know you all work so hard.
我知道你們都工作得很努力
How's Jennifer?
詹妮弗還好吧
Good. Swell, actually,
不錯,其實是很不錯
Considering she's still at the phone company.
她還在電話公司上班
Nothing I can do.
我也做不了什么
That's not true. You could give her a baby.
不對,你可以給她一個寶寶
You'll all in on it together.
你們都是一伙的
Nice to see you all again.
見到你們真高興
Do we have a lunch date?
我們約好了吃午餐嗎
Because Hildy, she can show you the book.
因為希迪可以告訴你我的安排
No, but I'm taking you away.
不,但我還是要把你帶走
Trudy, I don't think taking you to lunch is part of my job.
特魯迪,帶你去吃午飯不是我的工作
Do you have something today?
你有工作嗎
No.
沒有
I thought you'd be happy to see me.
我還以為你見到我會高興呢
I called Hildy and asked if you were free.
我給希迪打電話問你是否有空
It'll only take a minute, I promise.
就一會兒,我保證
I'm sorry. It's great. Where are we going?
抱歉,好吧,我們去哪里
It's a surprise.
我要給你個驚喜
Ah, don, I'd like you to meet my wife,
唐,來認識一下我的妻子
Trudy Campbell.
特魯迪·坎貝爾
Don Draper. Nice to meet you.
唐·德雷柏,見到你很高興
Congratulations. You're a very lucky girl.
恭喜你,幸運的姑娘
I know. Most of my friends can't find a good man.
我知道,我好多朋友都找不到好老公
Believe me. I'm the lucky one.
相信我,是我很幸運
Yes, you are.
是啊
He's essential to the process around here.
他可是公司的中流砥柱啊
I think we're almost as happy to have him as you are.
擁有他是件幸福的事吧,這點我們感同身受
Oh, I don't think that's possible.
這不太可能吧
Well, maybe you're right.
或許您是對的
Nice to meet you.
見到您很高興
He's so nice.
他挺不錯的
Not at all like what I imagined.
和我想象的完全不一樣
1,500 square feet. Two nice bedrooms.
1500平方英尺,兩個精致的臥室
I don't know if that includes that maid's room.
不知道是否算上了女傭房
Have to be a pretty small maid.
除非她是來自小人國的女傭
It's on the market for 32,
市場價32000美元
But Elaine, the realtor,
房屋經紀伊萊恩說
says we can get it for 30.
可以30000美元賣給我們
Lovely, you know that I want to give you everything.
親愛的,你知道我想給你最好的一切
We don't have to pay for the whole thing at once.
我們不必一次付清
We can get a mortgage.
可以貸款啊
Trudy, I make $75 a week.
特魯迪,我周薪75美元
Now, I know you're not good at math,
我知道你不擅長計算
but that's $3,500 a year.
但一年也就賺3500美元
You'll make more.
你會賺更多的
Eventually.
以后吧
But if we put 10% down,
如果我們付10%的首期
That's an entire year's salary.
那可是我一整年的薪水
Sweetheart, we're not in this alone.
甜心,我們又不是孤軍奮戰
We're a young couple that needs a little help.
我們是需要幫助的年輕小夫妻
Did you see the sink in the master bathroom?
你看過主臥衛生間的洗臉池了嗎
It's the same one they have in the Pierre.
和皮埃爾酒店的一樣
Bill it all to Menken's, Fred.
弗雷德,把賬單全部寄給麥肯
The girl knows where I keep the accounts.
秘書知道我把賬單放在哪里
Hello.
你好
Mr. Draper.
德雷柏先生
Didn't expect to see you back here.
沒想到會在這里遇見你
Well, we're, uh, screening a television commercial.
我們, 在看一則電視廣告
It'll probably look better when it's breaking up bonanza.
如果它能帶動收益的話可能看上去會好些
His work is wonderful.
他的工作很出色
He's perfect for Menken's.
是百貨店的不二人選
So he keeps telling me.
他的工作一向令我滿意
Well, I'll let you see Miss Menken out.
那... 就請您送麥肯小姐出去了
How are you?
你好嗎
I'm fine.
我很好
My family is fine.
我的家人也很好
The weather has been spectacular.
天氣也很好
Rachel, listen...
雷切爾,聽著...
What are you doing?
這是干什么
I don't know.
不知道
I don't want it to be like this.
我不想這樣的
Yes, well...
是啊
We both know how we'd like it to be.
大家都清楚彼此想要什么
Can we at least have lunch sometime?
改天一起吃個午飯總可以吧
I really can't see a reason for that.
我想還是算了吧
"Church bells rang out,
"教堂的鐘聲響了起來
and the air was filled with flying birds.
空中到處是飛翔的鳥兒"
What a joyous parade it was back at the palace.
歡快的游行隊伍回到了宮殿前
No king could command anything finer. "
沒有哪個國王能指揮得這么好"
The end.
完
The end.
完
Again?
再講一遍
Daddy will see you in the morning.
明早醒來就會見到爸爸了
Helen, come on. I know you're in there.
海倫,得了吧,我知道你在里面
Damn it! Helen! Open the door!
見鬼,海倫,開門
Excuse me, Miss.
抱歉,女士
I know you can hear me. Miss?
我知道你能聽見,女士
Look, can I use your phone?
能借用你的電話嗎
I'm her husband.
我是她丈夫
I'm supposed to see my kids, and I know she's in there.
我有權利見我的孩子,我知道她就在里面
I just called from the gas station.
我剛從加油站打過電話
No. I'm sorry.
不行,很抱歉
Are you serious?
你說笑吧
I'm sure you are who you say you are,
我確定你是她丈夫
but I don't let strange men into my home.
但我不會讓陌生人進我家
Come on.
來吧
Can I come in?
我能進去嗎
Of course.
當然了
I'm really sorry.
很抱歉
I'm so embarrassed.
真讓人難為情
I don't know what you're talking about.
不知道你指的是哪方面
Yes, you do. I was at the window.
你當然知道,當時我在窗戶邊上
Did you let him in?
你還是讓他進去了吧
Yes.
是的
He's not a bad man.
他不是壞人
Do you want some coffee?
要來點咖啡嗎
It's a joke, really.
像個笑話一樣,真的
Dan hardly saw the kids at all when we were married.
我們結婚后,丹幾乎不怎么管孩子
He works in Manhattan. Life insurance.
他在曼哈頓工作,做人壽保險
Now, all of a sudden, he can't live without them.
現在,他突然變成沒了孩子就活不了的樣子
Of course, if he does die, I'm set.
當然,如果他真死了,我就好了
I'm joking.
玩笑話
What happened?
發生了什么事
I'll tell you exactly.
告訴你實情吧
He had a lot of friends in the city.
他在城里有很多朋友
There was poker and tennis, drinks at the river club.
整天不是網球就是撲克牌,還在俱樂部喝酒
Turned out none of them were men.
后來我發現他的朋友沒一個是男人
Oh, I'm... I'm sorry.
我...很抱歉
I really just meant tonight what happened.
我剛才只是想問今天到底發生了什么
Please, I figure I might as well say it.
得了吧,我想我還是說出來得好
That's what you've all been guessing anyway, right?
我知道你們私下也一直在議論我,是吧
We haven't all been doing anything.
我們從沒議論過
Okay.
好吧
The strangest part of it
最奇怪的是
is that I think he's angrier at me than I am at him.
他比我還要生氣
Of course my father got a lawyer,
當然我父親請了律師
an army buddy who just hammered the hell out of him.
一個軍隊的家伙把他踢出了局
I've always loved that house.
我很喜歡那棟房子
Hello.
你好
He has to go right upstairs and
他會先上樓
have complete quiet for a while
很快就會安靜下來
He works so hard.
他工作很賣力
I should get back.
我該回去了
My kids are asleep.
孩子們還睡著呢
Boat's in the water.
終于安定下來了
Your cousin Sara had her baby.
你堂姐生了個孩子
Named it after your uncle Skip.
用的你叔叔的名,叫斯奇普
I think that's nice.
我覺得挺好
Everything's all ready in the trunks.
東西都打包放進行李箱里了
We do hope you and Trudy
真希望你和特魯迪
will be making it out to the house this summer.
夏天就能把那些東西都搬回自己家去
We'll try, but I'm not sure
盡量吧,但我不確定
I'll be able to take the time off from work.
我的工作可以休假
Work? Ha. I still don't understand what you do.
工作,我還不清楚你是干什么的
I'd hate for you to miss the blackberries.
我可不想讓你錯過品嘗黑草莓
Run into you at the club, you're working.
在俱樂部碰到你,你在工作
At a restaurant, you're working.
在餐館碰見你,你也在工作
Taking people out to dinner,
帶人去吃飯
wining and whoring.
酒池肉林
No job for a white man.
都不是白人該干的工作
She's made such a nice addition to the table.
她真是一個可人兒啊
So nice and appreciative.
既漂亮又優雅
There's a lot more to it than that.
我的工作不只這些
Advertising. Really?
廣告,真的嗎
See, if someone were to tell me
如果有人跟我說
there's a lot more to the law,
法律的用途非常廣泛
I'd believe him.
我也會相信的
I can't explain how business works to you.
我不只如何向您解釋商業的運作
Trudy found an apartment that she likes.
特魯迪找到了一棟她喜歡的公寓
Did she? Where abouts?
是嗎,靠近哪里
83rd and park. Very nice.
第83大街和公園路,很不錯
Are you sure you want to be that far uptown?
你確定要住到市郊去嗎
It's not that far, Dad.
沒那么遠,爸爸
It falls off after 79th.
第79大街后就算市郊了吧
No, darling. They fall off after 86th.
不,親愛的,過了第86大街才算
It's a very nice area.
是個很不錯的街區
It is.
是啊
And, well...
還有...
It's actually kind of expensive,
房價也確實不便宜
So we're going to need help with the down payment.
我們的首期款不夠,需要一點幫助
Really?
真的
Yes.
是的
No, I don't think that's a good idea.
不,我覺得這不是個好主意
And why is that?
為什么
I just don't think it's a good idea.
我說不好就是不好
You thought it was a good idea to help Bud
去年夏天布德在蒙塔克襲擊那個騎車的少女
When he hit that girl on her bike in Montauk last summer.
你覺得拿錢幫他擺平就是個好主意
What did that cost?
那又花費了多少
I presume it's your profession
我就當是你的職業
that is responsible for this lapse in your manners.
讓你變得這么沒有教養的
I'll pay you back.
我會還你的
It's not about the money, Peter.
皮特,這跟錢無關
You know that.
這你是知道的
Why is it so hard for you people to give me anything?
為什么讓你幫個忙就這么難
We gave you everything.
我們給了你一切
We gave you your name.
你的名字也是我們給的
And what have you done with it?
可是你看看你是怎么糟蹋的
Did you have a nice visit?
還算順利嗎
They're very keen on us coming out
他們希望我們今年夏天
to Fisher's Island this summer
到費希爾島去
Can they help with the apartment?
公寓的事他們能幫上忙嗎
I didn't bring it up.
我沒提這件事
My dad's been having some health problems.
我父親有些健康問題
Oh, sweetheart.
親愛的
What's wrong with him?
他怎么了
Nobody knows.
不知道
Walter, how's it going?
瓦爾特,最近怎么樣
Never have much luck,
我從沒這么幸運
Unless I'm playing against Campbell here.
除非是在這里與坎貝爾過招
Well, he's known for losing gracefully.
眾所周知,就算失敗他也會表現得非常優雅
You know our art director, Salvatore Romano.
我們的藝術總監,薩爾瓦多·羅曼諾
Did you have a good time in the city last night?
昨晚在城里玩得高興嗎
When I come into town,
當我進城時
I like to do my business and go home.
想的是談生意,然后趕快回家
Unwind with the psalms.
聽圣歌放松,很高雅啊
No man should have to live out of a suitcase.
男人不能老是旅居客地啊
So what do you fellows have for me?
你們為我準備了什么
Well, we take for granted the things we need the most:
我們從不把必需品當成一回事
Water, oil, electricity... steel.
比如水,石油,電力...鋼鐵
I was thinking about the last time you were here,
我一直在想上次您來這里
Looking out this window at this incredible city
透過窗戶看這座偉大的城市
And saying... "It's all steel. "
說了句, "鋼鐵之城"
New York city brought to you by Bethlehem steel.
紐約市,由伯利恒鋼鐵建造
The city of Pittsburgh,
匹茲堡
Brought to you by Bethlehem steel.
由伯利恒鋼鐵建造
The city of Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis.
芝加哥,底特律,圣路易斯
Full-page ads in targeted markets:
針對目標市場,利用整版廣告
Newspapers, trade publications.
印刷在報紙,商業刊物上
Throw in a few billboards
并利用廣告牌宣傳
So your employees can brag to their girlfriends.
這樣你的雇員還能向女朋友炫耀
They're kind of plain, aren't they?
有點平淡,不是嗎
Reminds me of those WPA ads before the war.
讓我想起那些戰前的公益廣告
Walter, you've been doing this long enough.
瓦爾特,你入行也很久了
We can throw this artwork away in a minute.
你知道我們可以馬上扔掉這些插圖
But the sentiment, the idea, it's so basic,
但是觀點,構思,是最基本的
You feel like you already know it.
那些好像是很熟悉的觀點
You just haven't thought of it lately.
只是最近沒有想到而已
Cities are made of steel.
城市由鋼鐵制造
Bethlehem steel.
伯利恒鋼鐵
I might be wrong, but these feel like ads for cities.
或許我錯了,但這些更像是城市形象廣告
You're making our company
這樣一來,我的公司
Look like a middleman for another product.
就像是為塑造這些城市形象的綠葉了
Well, would you prefer an I-beam on a plate
那把一塊涂滿奶油的I型鋼條放在盤子里
with a pat of butter on it?
你覺得怎么樣
No need to get cute, Don.
別耍嘴皮子,唐
Just making a point.
只是表明看法
Steel is not something that you can buy at the supermarket.
鋼鐵不是隨便在超級市場就能買得到的
But it is a commodity.
但它確實是一件商品
Walter, I'm surprised.
瓦爾特,我很驚訝
I believe this is fairly close to what we had talked about.
我認為這十分切合我們之前討論的主題
We talked about a national strategy
我們之前討論的是進軍全國市場的策略
that would involve the virtues of this essential commodity.
它應該涉及產品本身的決定性優勢
I believe it was more specific.
我認為這樣做更具體
Don, Walter has expressed himself.
唐,瓦爾特已經表態
Now, Walter, if this does not meet your expectations,
瓦爾特,如果這沒達到你所期望的
I'm sure Don can find something that does,
我相信唐可以做得更好
Right, Don?
對嗎,唐
I hate to be a pain in the ass,
我不喜歡做個討人厭的家伙
But if they didn't just lay there so flat.
但不得不說這個創意太乏味了
I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm not from a city.
我也不知道,或許因為我不是城市人
They just... bother me.
這些,讓我很困擾
Look, if we can persuade you
如果我們能說服您
To stay in town another 24 hours...
在城里多待24小時...
Back at the St. Regis, of course...
當然是在圣瑞吉絲酒吧...
It would give us a chance
會再給我們一次機會的
To come up with something with more impact.
想出一些新的閃光點
Get you tickets to a Broadway show.
去看一場百老匯演出吧
A new one. Uh, bye bye birdie.
新劇,名叫<<再見,小鳥>>
I don't like birds, either.
我也不喜歡鳥
Well, something else, then.
總能找到你喜歡的
Pete, I think Sal can show Mr. Veith out. Walt.
皮特,讓薩爾送維夫先生出去,瓦爾特
Sorry about that. They are good drawings.
很抱歉,畫倒是很不錯
No, the WPA was a very respected style.
不,公益廣告是很不錯的風格
20 years ago.
不過是在二十年前
What the hell was that?
你到底怎么回事
Come on, Don.
得了吧,唐
That's not the first time someone's been unhappy.
有顧客不滿意這也不是第一次吧
Give it a haircut.
重新找個思路吧
He's a second-time guy anyway. I could feel that.
他會是個回頭客的,我能感覺到
And I could feel he was sentences away.
我覺得他不會了
I'm that kind of guy.
因為我也是那樣的人
He didn't like the idea.
他不喜歡這個創意
Someone hadn't prepared him to like the idea,
是某人的干擾才讓他對這個創意嗤之以鼻
An idea he was extremely
三個月前
Enthusiastic about three months ago.
他很喜歡的
I'm sorry I didn't lower his expectations enough.
我很抱歉沒能把他的期望值降低一些
You do your job.
做好你的工作
Take him sailing. Get him in a bathing suit.
帶他去航海,給他一件泳衣
Leave the ideas to me.
別來管我的創意
I have ideas.
我倒是有一個創意
I'm sure you do.
我相信你有
Sterling Cooper has more failed artists
斯特林·庫珀失敗的藝術家和知識分子
And intellectuals than the Third Reich.
比第三帝國時期都多(1933-1945)
You know what? I have good ideas.
知道嗎,我的創意真的很好
In fact, I used to carry around a
事實上,我過去經常帶上筆和
Notebook and pen just to keep track.
記事本,想到創意就作好記錄
Direct marketing. I thought of that.
直銷,就是我想到的
Turned out it already existed,
結果表明已經有了
But I arrived at it independently.
不過是我自己想出來的
And then I come to this place,
所以我來這里
And you people tell me I'm good with people,
你們這些人說我擅長與人打交道
Which is strange
多么奇怪啊
Because I'd never heard that before.
因為從來沒人這么告訴過我
Draper residence.
這里是德雷柏家
Betty? Helen Bishop. Are you busy?
貝蒂嗎,我是海倫·碧西伯,你忙嗎
Well... no, I'm just finishing up dinner.
不...我剛做好晚餐
Of course.
當然
Listen, this may be truly rude, but I was wondering.
這或許確實唐突,但我不得不打給你
I'm supposed to be stuffing envelopes
我今晚要去肯尼迪總部
At Kennedy Headquarters tonight,
做裝信封的工作
And my sitter just cancelled,
可我的保姆臨時有事不能來
And I hate to back out because, well, you know,
我討厭曠工,再說,你也知道
New York State is so important.
紐約州是很重要的一個州
I didn't know that.
這我倒不清楚
Well, anyway, I was wondering
我就是想知道你能否
If you could come watch the kids for a few hours.
來我家幫我照看一下孩子
Right now?
現在
You know what? I shouldn't have asked.
是啊,我不應該打給你的
Well, let me just get dinner on the table.
讓我先把晚餐擺好
I guess Don can watch the kids.
我想唐能照看一下孩子
Really? Gosh, that would be wonderful.
真的嗎,天啊,這太好了
Take your time.
你慢慢來
Oh, you're a lifesaver, truly.
你真是我的救星,真的
I can't tell you how much I appreciate this.
對你的感激之情無以言表
Hiroshima, I know.
像廣島(暗指一團糟)
Cleaning lady and babysitter are one.
保姆還同時要做清潔工的工作
Oh, stop.
別這么說
It's charming.
很漂亮
That's beautiful, Glen.
彈得真不錯,格倫
Except he can wake the baby.
還會吵醒寶寶
Glen, stop that now.
格倫,別彈了
You remember Mrs. Draper?
記得德雷柏夫人嗎
She's going to take care of you while I'm gone.
我走后由她來照顧你
No ironing.
不要熨衣服
Ironing?
熨衣服
I give him 5 cents a piece. He loves doing it,
熨一件我就給他5美分,他喜歡做這個
Oh, there you are.
找到了
I swear to God, I am so exhausted when
我向上帝發誓,每天從珠寶店回來時
I get home from the jewelry store,
我已經累到不行
That I just kick these off,
總是踢掉鞋子
And I never know where they end up.
然后就找不到了
You, Glen Bishop,
你,格倫·碧西伯
in bed after The Real McCoys.
看完《真實麥考伊》就睡覺
No discussions.
沒得商量
You look very nice.
你很漂亮
They keep the place poorly lit.
這里光線比較暗
I guess there'll be a lot of nice men there.
我猜那里有很多不錯的男士吧
Yes. I guess so, although it's mostly women.
是的,我也這么想,雖然大部分是女人
Have you seen the candidate?
你看過候選人了嗎
On the news. He's handsome.
電視里見過,他很英俊
But I'm not sure who we're voting for.
可我還不確定投票給誰
Well, I'll bring you back some literature.
我會給你帶一些宣傳冊
I'll be back before 10, I promise.
十點前回來,我保證
Glen.
格倫
You got to get that Lux soap campaign
你真該為斯特林·庫珀爭取到
Over to Sterling Cooper.
力士香皂的廣告制作
Janet Leigh and Natalie Wood...
如果珍妮特·利和納塔莉·伍德(著名影星)
Now, there's a day at the office.
出現在你們的辦公室,那場面
Is that an orange?
這是桔子嗎
I'm telling you, you boys, you've got it made.
我跟你說,你們這些年輕人,占盡了便宜
Martini lunches,
午餐時喝馬蒂尼
Gorgeous women parading through.
還有美女相伴左右
In my next life, I'm coming back as an ad man.
下輩子,我也要做個廣告人
Well, there's slightly more to it than that.
我的工作并不只是這些光鮮的一面
Yeah? Well, I'd keep that to yourself.
是嗎,那別告訴我黑暗的那面
I met his boss yesterday.
昨天我見過他的上司
You should have heard the nice things he said.
你該聽聽他說的贊美之詞
He's not my boss.
他不是我的上司
Well, isn't that nice?
贊美你所做的事
To be appreciated for what you do?
不是很好嗎
We have some great news.
我們有好消息
Already?
這么快嗎(以為是懷孕了)
Honestly, you two. It's not that.
你們認真點,不是那個
We found an apartment.
我們找了間公寓
Oh. Well, that's exciting, too.
那也是件令人激動的事
Yes, well, unfortunately,
是的,不幸的是
It's a bit out of our price range right now.
有點超出我們的價格范圍
I've been looking in the neighborhood,
我看了周圍的環境
And it seems very well priced to me
我覺得價錢還不錯
What's it going for?
多少錢
32,
3萬2千美元
but the realtor says we can get it for 30.
地產經紀說3萬美元賣給我們
Around here? - 83rd, but...
在這附近,第83街...
How many rooms? Five
幾個房間,五個
Two bedrooms, two baths, a terrace.
兩個臥室,兩個洗漱間,一個陽臺
I don't know.
我不知道
I'd have to look at it first.
我得先看一看
Oh, thank you.
謝謝
Sir...
先生
I'll take Tom or Dad, you got me?
叫我湯姆或者爸爸,明白嗎
Tom, it's very generous for you
湯姆,您能考慮這件事是
to even consider it,
無疑顯示了您的慷慨
But I think we'd rather wait.
但我認為這事還是緩一緩吧
For what?
為什么
Start your life already.
你的生活已經開始
You're gonna be a rich bastard on your own someday,
憑你的實力總有一天你會富有的
And waiting's a bunch of bullshit.
等待是純屬胡扯
Tomcat. It is.
湯姆,就是啊
Your confidence is really...
您能對我如此信任
Well, it's swell.
讓我很高興
But honestly, I'm not sure it's a good idea.
但老實說,我不覺得那是個好主意
I am.
我覺得是
Pete, this is an investment for me, in you.
皮特,這是我的投資,對你的投資
And my Jellybean over here, of course.
當然,我的甜心豆豆在這里
Oh, thank you. You're gonna love it.
謝謝,你會喜歡的
We'll be so happy there.
我們都會高興的
I knew they'd help us.
我知道他們會幫忙的
I know you did.
我知道
Oh, come on.
得了吧
You can't possibly be angry with me.
你沒理由生我的氣
I'm just not sure taking that kind of money is a good idea.
我只是覺得要那筆錢不是什么好主意
He's not paying for the whole thing.
不全是他付錢啊
It's still a lot of money,
可仍然是一大筆錢
And I'm not sure what it means.
我不確定是什么意思
It means we get the apartment.
意思是我們得到了公寓
Do they get to tell us where to put the furniture?
會不會我們的家具如何擺放他們也要來管
They're not like that.
他們不是那樣的人
You would have taken money from your parents.
你也會從你的父母那里拿錢
That's different.
那不一樣
Why?
為什么
Because that's my money.
因為那是我的錢
I'll get it eventually.
最后都是我的
So this is my money.
那么這是我的錢
Sweetheart, he wants to help.
甜心,他想幫我們
It makes him feel good.
這讓他好過些
Well, what about me?
那我呢
Well, what about me?
那我呢
You always get what you want, don't you?
你總是能得到想要的,不是嗎
I got you. That's all I really wanted.
我得到了你,那是我全部想要的
Excuse me. Can we turn to park?
勞駕,能開去公園大道去嗎
I need to meet a client downtown.
我要去市區見客戶
Hush. It'll only take a sec.
就一會兒
The armory.
軍械庫
When are they gonna tear that dinosaur down?
他們什么時候拆掉那個老古董啊
I'll be right back.
我很快回來
I'm in here.
有人
Glen, I said get out.
格倫,現在出去
Young man, what is wrong with you?
小伙子,你怎么回事
This room is occupied.
衛生間有人
What do you have to say for yourself?
你有什么要解釋的嗎
Glen, look at me.
格倫,看著我
That was very bad.
那種行為很惡劣
You know better than to walk in on someone like that.
你知道衛生間有人時,你是不該進去的
That room is private, extremely private.
衛生間是很私人的空間
Well, that's all I'm trying to say.
我要說的就這些
Now look at me.
現在看著我
Don't you think you owe me an apology?
你不覺得該向我道歉嗎
Well?
不是嗎
I'm sorry.
對不起
Well, good.
很好
That's not the way to behave, okay?
那種行為很不禮貌,知道嗎
Now...
現在...
It's all right. I'm not angry anymore.
沒關系,我不再生氣了
You're pretty.
你很漂亮
Well, thank you, dear.
謝謝,親愛的
Really pretty.
真的很漂亮
That's sweet of you to say.
你這么說很貼心
How old are you?
你多大了
Well, I'm the same age as your mother.
和你媽媽差不多吧
How old is your mother?
你媽媽多大了
She's 32.
三十二歲
I'm 28.
我二十八歲
Your hair is so beautiful. You look like a princess.
你的頭發很漂亮,看起來像個公主
Well, I don't know about that.
還沒人這么說過
Can I have some?
能給我一些嗎
What?
什么
Can I have some of your hair?
能給我一綹頭發嗎
Glen, no.
格倫,不行
Just a little piece?
就一小綹
Glen.
格倫
You won't even miss it.
又沒什么損失
Now off to bed with you.
你現在上床睡覺
And no radio.
不許聽收音機
Evening, gentlemen.
晚上好,先生們
Walter, I'd like you to meet my cousins
瓦爾特,我來給你介紹,我的堂姐們
Charlotte and Wendy.
夏洛特和溫迪
Ladies, it's a pleasure.
女士們,很榮幸
We were hoping you were Pete's friends.
希望你是皮特的朋友
You must be the man of steel.
你一定是那個鋼鐵大亨了
Will you look at that?
看看這個沒人兒
You could lose a nickel in those dimples.
那個酒窩真要把我迷醉了
I thought your cousin Wendy was a redhead.
我還以為你堂姐溫迪是紅頭發
No, that's my cousin Doris.
不,那是堂姐多麗絲
She wasn't available this evening.
她今晚沒空
Well, I think we can make do with this branch of the family.
我想這兩位也很不錯了
I'm glad you decided to stay over.
很高興您留下來過夜
So am I.
我也是
Hey, bottle of champagne for the table
這里要一瓶香檳
And another round of these, plus one.
這一輪之后,再加一瓶
You know, I had some thoughts about your campaign today.
關于您今天的廣告系列我有一些想法
Did you?
是嗎
Well, I was trying to express the essentialness of steel,
我試圖表現鋼鐵的實質
The essentialness of steel,
伯利恒鋼鐵
The backbone of America.
美國的支柱
What do you think?
您覺得呢
Unbelievable. Did Draper tell you
難以置信,是德雷柏
to try and sneak this one by me?
讓你私下向我展示這個創意的嗎
No. I was just...
不,我只是...
Campbell, get off the clock.
坎貝爾,又不是工作時間
We have two lovely ladies here.
我們有兩位如此可愛的女士
The only backbone I'm interested in now is right here.
我唯一的興趣支柱就在這里
So, tell me, Wendy, what do you do
告訴我,溫迪,除了用你
when you're not lighting up rooms with your smile?
迷人的微笑照亮房間,你平時都做什么
Well, I'm an actress, and I take some classes at Hunter.
我是演員,在亨特學院上進修課程
Do you?
是嗎
I would have thought you slept all day and bathed in milk.
我還以為你成天睡美容覺,泡牛奶浴呢
How was it?
怎么樣
It was nice. Very quiet.
還不錯,很安靜
Oh. In case you're interested.
或許你會感興趣
Oh. Thank you.
謝謝
I'll be sure to look at it.
我一定會看的
I can't thank you enough.
對你真是感激不盡
I hope I can return the favor sometime.
希望有機會能報答你
Oh, please, don't even think about it.
請別放在心上
Looks pretty familiar.
看不出有什么區別
Well, I wanted to maintain our original strategy,
我想保持原有的戰略
But I think the wordplay achieves
我覺得押韻的廣告詞
what you're looking for:
你可能會喜歡
The idea that from the acorn...
源于橡樹果實的創意...
That is, Bethlehem steel...
那是,伯利恒鋼鐵
Comes America's great cities.
鑄造了美國偉大的都市
I know this isn't the idea you want to sell me,
我知道這不是你為我準備的創意
So don't sell it so damn well.
就別這么賣力了
Excuse me?
什么
The backbone idea.
那個關于"支柱"的構思
Campbell pitched it to me last night.
坎貝爾昨晚和我提過的
I like it.
我非常喜歡
What backbone idea?
什么支柱的構思
Bethlehem Steel:
伯利恒鋼鐵
The backbone of America.
美國的支柱
Wasn't that it?
不是嗎
Oh, right.
是的
It's concise, strong,
簡單并且具有震撼力
And frankly, I like that you were so enthusiastic about it
坦率的說,我喜歡你迫不及待
You couldn't wait to tell me.
告訴我的工作熱情
Thanks again, boys.
再次表示感謝,伙計們
Pleasure to make you happy, Walt.
很高興能讓您滿意,瓦爾特
Hope your visit to New York was productive.
希望您來紐約是不枉此行
I'm warming to the place.
我越來越喜歡這里了
Nice work.
干得不錯
I told you I had ideas.
我說過我有不錯的創意
Yes, you did.
是,你是說過
Good one. Enjoy it.
很不錯,有趣
You know what I think?
知道我怎么想嗎
I think I did something good,
我覺得賣力的是我
and you got the compliment for it.
得到夸獎的卻是你
Listen, Pete,
聽著,皮特
I need you to go get a cardboard box...
你現在去找個紙箱
And put your things in it.
把你的東西都放進去
Okay?
知道了嗎
You picked the wrong time to buy an apartment.
你挑了個錯誤的時間買公寓
HHow far has Mr. Adams gotten in the lesson?
亞當斯先生這次得到了什么教訓
BBacking out?
再,再也不駕駛了
Everybody out.
都給我出去
Now!
現在
Uh, did he cover starting the car?
發動汽車那段講完了嗎
And the other way to stop.
現在講停車的方法
Remember Pete Campbell's last day?
還記得皮特·坎貝爾的最后一天嗎
It's today.
就是今天
What happened?
出了什么事
While I was breaking my neck trying
當我挖空心思去彌補
to fix the hash he made yesterday,
昨天他捅的簍子時
He was at the St. Regis pitching copy.
他卻在圣瑞吉絲酒吧里向客戶推薦構思
His copy.
他自己的構思
That little shit.
這個小雜種
It was hard to see her all alone like that...
看到她那樣孤獨我覺得難以承受
Supporting herself with that sad little job
在可憐的小珠寶店工作
At the jewelry store.
養活自己
Frozen food.
吃的都是冷凍食品
I mean, I know she gets some kind of help,
我是說,我知道她得到了一些幫助
But still, she looks so exhausted.
可她依然筋疲力盡
She tries to put on a brave face.
她試著假裝勇敢
Honestly, I think she's jealous of me.
老實說,我覺得她很嫉妒我
I've seen it before. I was in a sorority.
以前在婦女聯誼會時,我見識過
I mean, seeing happy families all around.
我是說,四周都是幸福的家庭
But I don't know what I can do.
可我不知道能做什么
I can't just disappear. I live there.
我又不能消失,我住在那里
Of course, my real concern is those children.
當然,我真正關心的是她的孩子們
I mean, the baby won't know the difference,
我是說,那個嬰兒當然什么都不知道
But that poor little boy.
可那個可憐的男孩
The person taking care of him isn't giving him what he needs.
照顧他的人沒能給他應有的東西
You know?
知道嗎
Gentlemen, please.
先生們,請坐
You really love that thing.
你很喜歡那個吧
You were cute back then.
還是過去的你可愛些
Pete Campbell.
皮特·坎貝爾
On his way out.
要除名了
Sorry to hear that.
真遺憾
Can't be avoided, I'm afraid.
我想只是遲早的事
I wish I could agree with that.
可惜我不能同意
He's a junior account executive
他只是初級客戶經理
Who brought his own idea to a client in a bar.
竟然在酒吧給客戶推薦自己的構思
There are rules.
行有行規
There are other rules.
這世上還有別的規則
What's the problem?
有什么問題
New York City is a marvelous machine
紐約州是臺巨大的機器
Filled with a mesh of levers and gears and springs,
裝滿了控制桿,齒輪,動力裝置
Like a fine watch wound tight.
就像一塊上滿弦的表
Always ticking.
總在走
Sounds more like a bomb.
聽起來像炸彈
How much do you know about Pete's family?
對皮特的家庭你了解多少
Nothing, except they
不清楚,只知道他們
put out a mediocre product.
生產了一件平庸的產品(暗指皮特)
His mother is Dorothy Dykeman Campbell.
他母親是多蘿茜·戴克曼·坎貝爾
The Dykemans owned pretty much everything
戴克曼家族幾乎擁有第125大街
North of 125th street,
以北的所有產業
Which I don't know how good your geography is,
不知道你們地理學得如何
But that's a fair chunk of the island.
那可是島上的一大部分
So they're rich. So what?
富甲一方,那又如何
Well, no.
不
Uh, his grandfather dropped it all in '29.
在1929年他的外祖父放棄了全部
Panicked.
恐慌時期
Some people have no confidence in this country.
有些人對這個國家沒有自信
What's your concern, then?
那您在擔心什么
Well, I don't want Dorothy Dykeman Campbell
我可不想看見多蘿茜·戴克曼·坎貝爾
Standing on the dock at Fisher's Island this summer
今年夏天站在費希爾島的碼頭
Talking about how badly sterling cooper treated her son.
談論斯特林·庫珀公司是如何不善待他兒子的
I don't think any of us want that.
我覺得沒人希望那樣
We lose him,
失去他
We lose our entree to Buckley, DKE,
就失去了進入巴克利,德爾塔聯誼會
The Maidstone club, the century club,
梅德斯通俱樂部,世紀俱樂部
Dartmouth...
達特茂斯港口的機會
Gracie mansion sometimes.
甚至格雷西大廈(紐約市長官邸)
It's a marquee issue for us.
他還真是我們的遮陽傘
See my point?
明白我的意思了嗎
Absolutely.
當然了
He's more valuable to the agency than I am.
他比我對公司更重要
Don't fool yourself.
別傻了
There's a Pete Campbell at every agency out there.
外面的公司都有皮特·坎貝爾這樣的人
Well, let's get one of the other ones.
那我們不如換一個好了
You're going to need a stronger stomach
如果你去廚房
If you're going to be back in the
見過臘腸是怎么做出來的
kitchen seeing how the sausage is made.
你就得有個堅強的胃
Thought it was a big watch.
把公司看成一塊表
You handle the words.
你總是很會講話
You know how much we want you here with us.
你知道公司是多么需要你
No doubt about that.
毋庸置疑
Don's a big boy, Bert.
唐是個大男人,伯特
Aren't you, Don?
不是嗎,唐
Well, thank you, sir.
謝謝,先生
There you go.
就這樣吧
I'm glad we're all better now.
很高興大家這么其樂融融
What you did is totally unacceptable.
你的所作所為是完全讓人無法接受的
I realize that.
我意識到了
I want you to be very clear about this.
我要你想清楚
You were fired. I wanted you out.
你被解雇了,我要你走
Cooper wanted you out.
庫珀要你走
And you would be if it weren't for this man.
如果不是這個人你早就滾蛋了
He thought you deserved another chance.
他認為應該再給你一次機會
That's right. He fought for you.
沒錯,他為你爭取的
I don't know what to say.
我不知說什么好
Say nothing.
什么也別說
You're here because of Don Draper's largesse.
你還能在這里都是因為唐·德雷柏的慷慨
Thank you. Thank you so much.
謝謝,非常感謝
Now, I know that your generation
我知道你們這代人
Went to college instead of serving, so I'll illuminate you:
上過大學,沒吃過苦,我要提醒你
This man is your commanding officer.
這個人是你的指揮官
You live and die in his shadow.
你是生是死都得聽他的
Understood?
明白了嗎
I won't let you down, Don.
我不會讓你失望的,唐
Jesus, Campbell.
天哪,坎貝爾
Don't ever say that.
別再這么說了
I bet daily friendship with that bottle
我打賭每天一杯馬蒂尼
Attracts more people to advertising
比高薪更吸引人們
Than any salary you can dream of.
去投身廣告業
It's why I got in.
這正是我入這行的原因
So enjoy it.
享受吧
I'm doing my best here.
我盡力而為
Oh, you're not.
你沒有
You don't know how to drink, your whole generation.
你們這代人不知道怎么喝酒
You drink for the wrong reasons.
喝酒的理由不對
My generation, we drink because it's good.
我們這代人,因為好才喝
Because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar.
覺得比解開衣領還舒服
Because we deserve it.
這是我們應得的
We drink because it's what men do.
喝酒對于男人來說是天經地義的
What about shaky hands?
那手抖呢
I see a lot of that, too, with you boys.
我見過很多,你這樣的家伙
No joke. Your kind with your
別逗了,你們這些
Gloomy thoughts and your worries,
陰郁的想法和擔憂
You're all busy licking some imaginary wound.
你們忙著舔舐假想的痛苦
Not all imaginary.
不全是假想的
Yeah, boo-hoo.
是啊
Maybe I'm not as comfortable being powerless as you are.
或許我不像你與世無爭
Pardon?
什么
You know, you shouldn't compete with Pete Campbell.
你不該和皮特·坎貝爾較勁
I'm not.
我沒有
Yeah. You are.
是的,你有
Not at a personal level, but for the world.
不要在個人層面上,眼光放遠點
I don't know.
我不知道
Maybe every generation thinks
或許每代人都認為
The next one is the end of it all.
下一代會毀掉一切
I bet there are people in the Bible
我打賭,圣經里的人當時
walking around complaining about kids today.
也在抱怨生活在現在的人們
Kids today, they have no one to look up to...
今天的孩子,沒有崇拜的對象...
Because they're looking up to us.
因為他們崇拜我們
Of course, if you're not going to have live-in help,
當然,如果你們不打算雇家傭
That back room can be used for any number of things.
那里屋做什么用都行
I don't think we'll be having live-in
我覺得我們暫時不會雇家傭
Help just yet, do you, sweetheart?
對嗎,親愛的
No, I think we'll be managing on our own for now.
是的,我們暫時還可以自己照料生活
Oh, I'm so glad you could come.
很高興你們能來
I'd like you to meet Mrs. Clifford Lyman.
我給你介紹一下,克利福德·萊曼夫人
She'll be one of your new neighbors,
她是你們的鄰居之一
And she's on the co-op board.
也是業主委員會成員
Of course you know these two.
他們就不用我介紹了
Where's the nursery at?
育兒室在哪里
Thank you, Tom.
謝謝,湯姆
I don't want to hear that again.
別再這么說了
Mrs. Lyman, Trudy Campbell.
萊曼夫人,我是特魯迪·坎貝爾
So nice to meet you.
認識您很高興
Well, aren't you darling?
是啊,親愛的
The two of you.
你們兩個
A pleasure.
很榮幸
Now, I know I shouldn't ask, but I have to.
我知道不該問,可必須說
Your mother-in-law was just telling me
聽你岳母說
That your great-great-grandfather
你的曾曾外祖父
Was a farmer with Isaac Roosevelt?
是羅斯福時期的農場主
Is that right?
是嗎
Um, yes. That's true.
是的,的確是
That was Nicholas Dykeman, right?
是尼古拉斯·戴克曼吧
On his mother's side.
他母親那邊的
Can you imagine orchards on 204th street?
您能想象第204條街上的蘭花
He's buried at the church of the intercession.
他被安葬在代禱的教堂
Oh, my goodness. Wait until I tell my husband
我的天哪,等我告訴我丈夫
There's going to be a Dykeman living in the building.
有一位戴克曼先生住在大廈里
He'll be so thrilled.
他會非常激動的
Sweetheart, tell Mrs. Lyman the
甜心,跟萊曼夫人說說
story about your great-great aunt
你曾曾姨媽的故事
Getting in that fight with the
怎么和英國士兵
British soldier and the Hessian.
以及那些黑森人打架的事吧
You tell it, dear.
你說吧,親愛的
You tell it so much better than I do.
還是你來講吧
Well, I think it was his great-great aunt,
那是他的曾曾姨媽
Or great-great-great... I'm not sure...
或者曾曾曾...我不確定
But it was before the revolutionary war,
那是在革命戰爭之前
And the Dykemans owned a large tract of land
戴克曼家族擁有一大片開闊的土地
Just north of central park.
就是中心公園以北
Of course, it wasn't called central park back then, but...
當然,那時候不叫中心公園