Good day ladies and gentlemen.
大家好,女士們先生們
This is Robert Hodge
我是羅伯特?霍奇
United States Attorney for the Southern District
南方地區美國聯邦檢察官
speaking to you here in New York City.
在紐約市跟大家講話
My fellow citizens we are at war.
親愛的市民們,我們處于戰爭之中
Not against a foreign potentate.
并非是與外敵
Not against a bloodthirsty despot.
并非是與殘忍的暴君
We are at war against an army of hoodlums
我們對付的是一群無賴流氓
who have made our streets unsafe for decent people.
他們攪得雞犬不寧,讓正派人不得安心
Fear intimidation
恐懼,震懾
violence
暴力
these are the tools of this nefarious scoundrel known
這些是當今罪犯的
as the modernday criminal.
犯罪工具
From the Lower East Side to Harlem
從下東區到哈林區
Brooklyn to New Jersey
布魯克林到新澤西
stretching as far south as Atlantic City.
甚至南伸至大西洋城
Bloodshed and mayhem are the currency
鮮血和傷害是這些
of these reprobates thugs and bootleggers...
惡棍,暴徒,私酒販的流通貨幣
as they struggle for control of our nation's streets.
他們在拼力控制我們國家的街道
Both Governor Roosevelt and I remain committed
羅斯福州長和我都決心
to this battle which we must and will win.
堅持這場戰斗,并一定要打勝
Together with the officers of Police Commissioner Mulrooney
攜手莫魯尼警察局長的手下
and District Attorney Crain
和地檢官克蘭
my staff and I are working round the clock
我和我的員工在晝夜不停
to make certain these cowards
努力將這些懦夫
are brought to justice.
繩之以法
I give you my solemn word
我嚴肅向大家宣誓
that I shall not rest till every man woman and child
直到每一個男人,女人,孩子都能
can once again safely walk our streets.
再次安全地走在街上,我絕不休息
This has been Robert Hodge
這里是羅伯特?霍奇
broadcasting from New York City.
在紐約市向您廣播
19 men dead between us
我們加起來損失了19個人,
at least a million in lost revenue
收入至少虧損一百萬
and no goddamn end in sight.
卻還是沒有停戰的意思
Calm Mr. Thompson.
冷靜點,湯普森先生
Yes you've been saying that for weeks.
是啊,這話你說了好幾周了
Like all impetuous children
就像所有沖動的孩子
Luciano will make a mistake.
盧西亞諾終會犯錯的
And while we're waiting
我們等待期間
how are we supposed to eat?
要怎么吃飯啊
Hey Nuck. What?
努克,怎么了,
12 of our trucks were firebombed.
我們12輛車被炸了,
Nearly 100 grand up in smoke.
近10萬,炸沒了
God fucking damn it!
該死的
You had mentioned Mr. Capone in Chicago.
你提到過芝加哥的卡彭先生
Perhaps with additional support
或許如果他肯出把力
He's cut me loose. Don't you get it?
他已經不管我了,你還不懂嗎
We're on our own here.
我們只能靠自己了
All that happens happens as it should.
一切皆是天命
Then why see a doctor Sal?
那還去看醫生干什么,薩爾
Why get out of the way of an oncoming train?
為什么要躲開迎面而來的火車
Why get out of the fucking bed in the morning?
早上干嘛要起床
I'm counseling restraint.
我是建議你控制自己
We are playing a game of chess.
我們在博弈
I've played chess and I've never had an opponent try to kill me.
我玩過象棋,還沒遇到過想殺我的對手呢
I'm counseling action.
我建議行動
As in stringing this Luciano up by his fucking ball sack.
把盧西亞諾吊在老二上
You're tired. Understandably so.
你累了,這可以理解
As am I.
我也是
I will send more men to guard your trucks.
我會多派些人來保衛你的車
And in the meantime if Luciano shows a hair
在此期間,如果盧西亞諾敢探根頭發出來
I will cut it.
我會砍掉它
Along with his fucking throat.
還會順道劃破他的喉嚨
Car's ready Mr. Maranzano.
車備好了,馬蘭扎諾先生
Gave it a good scrubbing.
我洗過了
Got the bugs off your windscreen.
把擋風玻璃上的蟲子都洗掉了
Bravo picciotto.
太好了,孩子
So we may all see clearly the road ahead.
這樣我們都能看清前面的路了
Tired of waiting on him.
我等夠了
Oh no that's okay. My pleasure.
不用,我很榮幸
Really but thank you.
真的,謝謝您了
We talked about last night.
我們昨晚談過
Aren't you the kid told me he was hungry?
不是你跟我說餓了嗎
Doing okay now.
現在沒事了
Fill your gut a lot quicker with this than a shammy.
這個能讓你馬上就飽
How's that make you feel?
你覺得怎么樣
What are you doing?
你干什么呢
It's all hands on deck ain't it?
不是人人都要出動嗎
You're not part of this you understand?
你不能攪和進來,懂嗎
Take Archie and Sean head to New York.
帶上阿奇和肖恩,去紐約
For what?
干什么
I could be impetuous myself.
我也很沖動呢
If it ain't the macher of Willett Street.
這不是威利特街的大人物嘛
Your husband around?
你丈夫在嗎
He went to Aqueduct for the morning.
他早上去阿奎德特了
Then I'll just grab what I came for.
那我就直奔我的目的吧
And the book.
還有那本書
I bought the book.
書是我買的
With what?
用什么買的
The money I had.
我的錢
Where'd you get the money?
你從哪兒弄的錢
You can't prove it.
你沒有證據
I don't have to prove it you do.
我無需舉證,你來舉證
That's not how the law works.
法律不是這樣規定的
Give it to me anyway.
先給我
You have a library?
你有藏書
Yes. How many books?
是的,多少本書,
Just that one for now.
暫時只有這一本
But it's the proper thing to do.
但這樣才成體統
Who taught you that? Your mother?
誰教你的,你母親嗎
Everybody comes from somewhere.
人人都有個來處
Where do you come from?
你從哪里來
From here.
從這里來
Born here. Family's here.
生在這,家在這
Where's your family?
你家里人呢
It's rude to ask personal questions.
問私人問題是不禮貌的
I'm sorry to offend you.
抱歉冒犯了你
But here's our situation.
可我們的情況是這樣
You stole all these things. I didn't
那些東西都是你偷的,我沒有,
Except for the book.
除了那本書
A legal scholar such as yourself should know
身為法學學者你也該知道
that's called larceny.
這叫偷竊罪
You've been sleeping on the boardwalk.
你一直睡在木板路上
That's vagrancy.
這是流浪罪
So I could put you in a cell
我可以把你丟進牢房
and you can sit there until you decide to talk.
你在里面坐到想交代為止
Or I could help you.
或者我可以幫你
Why would you do that?
你為什么要幫我
You look like you might need help.
你看上去好像需要幫助
Where are your parents?
你父母呢
Who looks after you?
誰照顧你
Where did you learn what's proper?
你從哪里學的什么是成體統
915 Haddon Avenue.
哈登大街915號,
There's no Haddon Avenue in Atlantic City.
大西洋城沒有哈登大街
It's in Trenton.
在特倫頓
Whose house is that?
是誰的房子
Nobody's house.
誰的房子也不是
Is it a school?
是學校嗎
Is it an orphanage?
是孤兒院嗎
My name is in that book.
那本書上有我的名字
If you take it you're stealing from me
如果你拿了它,就是偷我的東西
and you're certainly no gentleman.
你也就不是個紳士
I need you to pull all the prostitution cases north of 110th Street.
我需要你找出110街以北所有賣淫案
You need me to?
你需要
Mr. Hodge does.
霍奇先生需要
Right.
這就對了
I'm sorry okay? I don't make the assignments.
我很抱歉,行嗎,我不負責指派工作
Would it be any different if you did?
假如換你來做,會有什么不同嗎
Yes.
會的
I know you're good at your job.
我知道你業務精通
Mr. Hodge does too. It's just
霍奇先生也知道,只是...
you have to admit this is all a little sensitive
你也必須承認,你的家庭背景
given your family background.
有一點點敏感
Sensitive?
敏感
What is that code for? Thompson can't be trusted?
什么意思,姓湯普森的都不可信
If anyone felt like that you'd have been fired by now.
要是真有人這么想,你早被解雇了
Thompson. Or never hired in the first place.
湯普森,或者根本不會被錄用,
Thompson.
湯普森
Call for you. All right.
找你的電話,好,
Thompson.
我是湯普森
Hello?
你好
Hey Willie it's your father.
威利,我是你父親
Where are you?
你在哪兒
I'm in town.
我進城了
What are you doing?
你在做什么
I just flew into town and I was wondering if
我剛到城里,我想...
No I can't.
不,我不能
Maybe
或許...
No I can't.
不,我不能
I understand. I was just thinking I...
我明白,我只是想...我...
Not till this evening.
今晚之前沒有
Okay. Okay.
好的,好的
Everything okay?
沒事吧
Let me get you the rest of those files.
我去給你找文件
It's an orphanage in Trenton.
特倫頓的一家孤兒院
Doesn't seem to be a telephone.
好像沒有電話
I can bring her back tomorrow
我可以明天送她回去
but it will be most of the day coming and going.
但是來回就要花掉大半天時間
Why did she run off?
她為什么逃走
I couldn't get it out of her.
我問不出來
Sounds rather harsh.
聽起來很嚴酷
I didn't do anything. I brought her here.
我什么都沒做,我帶了她回來
She must have a reason.
她一定是有什么苦衷
Everyone has a reason.
人人都有苦衷
Murderers have reasons.
殺人犯也是有苦衷的
You said she stole cigarettes.
你說她只是偷了煙
I just mean you can only help someone so much.
我只是想說幫人是有限度的
Who are you trying to persuade?
你想說服誰
I'll take her back in the morning.
我明早就送她回去
It's all I can do.
我能做的就這么多
If that's how you see it.
如果你覺得合適就行
What do you want from me?
你還想讓我怎么辦
What do you want from yourself?
你想怎么辦
I'm tr
我在
I'm trying to do the right thing here.
我是在做正確的事
I haven't even had supper yet.
我晚飯還沒吃呢
Next time get here earlier.
下次早點來
You won't have to work so fast.
就不用速戰速決了
Then I'd have to talk to you.
早來我就得跟你說話了
Mayn kleyne farbrekher.
我的小寶貝
Hey Talia. What?
塔莉亞,怎么了,
I think I left my tongue down there.
我的舌頭落在你下面了
Ben Siegel. I can't believe it.
本?西格爾,這么巧
Hey Morris.
莫里斯
What brings you to the neighborhood?
什么風把你吹來了
Schnorrer upstairs owes me money.
樓上有個窮鬼欠我錢
Feigenbaum? Ah he's a prick and a half.
費根鮑姆嗎,他可是個人渣
I don't name names.
我可沒說是誰
John Hancock for my wife?
給我老婆簽個名好嗎
Everybody knows who you are.
你可是家喻戶曉啊
Sure thing. Clara right?
沒問題,叫克萊拉,是吧
Talia.
塔莉亞
I'm thinking of my aunt.
讓我想起我姨媽了
My pop your pop same minyan at Bialystoker.
你爸和我爸在比亞韋斯托克同一個地方做禱告
Yeah he's praying for both of us.
是啊,他在為我們倆祈禱呢
Like that joke right?
就跟那個笑話似的,對吧
Rich man and a poor man.
一個有錢人和一個窮人
And they're both davening at the same
他們倆一起做禱告
Look who it is. Look Ben Siegel.
看看這是誰,本?西格爾
Talk about bad pennies.
還真是不速之客
Why you got to be like that for?
你這是什么態度
With you it's always crepehanging.
你就會掃興
This is an important person.
這可是貴客
And please put on a dress. It's the middle of the day.
你穿上件裙子吧,大白天的
What are you
你這是
Oh fuck!
操,
Manténlo vivo.
留活口
Manténlo vivo.
留活口
Alive! Alive!
抓活的,抓活的
Yeah. What the hell's going on?
怎么回事
Stop shooting you fucking moron!
別開槍了,你個白癡
It's quitting time pal.
乖乖投降吧,兄弟
Now you and me
現在,你和我
No!
不,
Oh no. Don't.
不,不要
You come with me.
跟我走
I'm dying.
我要死了
So you're the one sliced off Tonino's ear?
你就是切掉托尼諾耳朵的那位
I'm dying.
我要死了
That was some loopy shit. I'm dying.
夠變態的,我要死了,
What do you keep 'em in your dresser? Morris.
怎么,你收藏耳朵嗎,莫里斯,
Maybe I keep yours. Okay! Okay!
我可以收藏你的,好了,我服,
Okay. I'm dying I'm dying.
我服,我要死了,我要死了,
You're not dying.
你不會死
Who wants to go on living like this?
誰想要這么活著
Hey Morris.
莫里斯
Morris abi gezunt huh?
莫里斯,保重身體
What do you think?
你覺得怎么樣
Very pretty.
很漂亮
I wasn't quite so tall at her age
我像她這么大的時候都沒她高
but better than cap and trousers.
但這總比帽子和褲子強
Yes ma'am.
是的,夫人
We should get started.
我們得走了
Oh there's something she'd like to say.
她有話要說
Yes?
說吧
I wish to make amends.
我想要賠罪
I beg your pardon?
你說什么
For the things I stole.
為我偷東西的行為賠罪
And how would you do that?
你要怎么做
By working.
工作
Working where?
在哪工作
She can help around the house.
她可以幫忙打掃房間
And I'll ask at the school. I'm sure others can use her.
我在學校也會幫忙問問,肯定有人會雇她
She has to go back to Trenton.
她必須回特倫頓
May I speak with you?
我能跟你說句話嗎
You cannot leave her there.
你不能把她送到那去
It's where she belongs.
那里才是她該待的地方
No child belongs there. It's brutish.
沒有孩子該待在那里,太野蠻了
You don't know that.
你怎么知道
I know what she told me.
是她跟我說的
She ran away.
她逃了出來
What do you expect her to say?
你以為她會怎么說
That is my point exactly.
說的就是這個
She can't stay here.
她不能留在這里
We don't have the room.
我們沒有空房間
We don't have the money and we don't have the right.
我們沒有錢,也沒有這個權利
I will find her a situation.
我會給她找個工作
Girls are always needed.
女孩子找工作很容易
She has no one.
她沒有親人
Children her age are not wanted.
沒人想要她這個年紀的女孩
You can't stop every bad thing.
你沒法阻止所有壞事發生
Then why stop an any of them?
那干脆不要阻止了
Your desire was to help.
你是想幫助他人
This is what helping means.
而這就是幫助
Fanelli took a ride by the club.
法內利路過俱樂部
He didn't see hide nor hair of Maranzano or his men.
連馬蘭扎諾和他手下的毛都沒看到
Probably hunkered down in the Bronx.
估計守在布朗斯在吧
He's working from his office the New York Central Building.
他在紐約中央大樓的辦公室里工作
Park Avenue.
在公園大道
So we get one of the Vanderbilt broads to ice him.
我們得讓范德堡董事會的人排擠掉他
Benny's on the line. Says it's important.
本尼在線上,說有要事
100 bucks says it ain't.
我賭一百塊肯定是屁事,
Where the fuck are you? Atlantic City.
你他媽在哪呢,大西洋城,
I've been kidnapped. God damn it Benny.
我被綁架了,該死的,本尼,
He's in Atlantic City.
他在大西洋城
With some skirt? What else?
跟小妞鬼混去了嗎,不然呢,
Listen to me you fucking numbskull.
聽我說你個蠢貨
Get your ass back here. Fuck you yelling at me for?
馬上給我滾回來,你他媽吼我干嘛,
I've been snatched for Christ's sakes. I'm practically killed.
我被劫走了,老天,刀都架我脖子上了
I don't care how great a piece of ass she is.
我不管她在床上有多風騷
Get on the horn with this yentzer and
你跟這混蛋在電話里說吧...
He hung up on me.
他掛我電話
Who did?
誰掛的
Charlie. Why?
查理,為什么,
He's a fucking asshole. What do you want from me?
他就是個混蛋,不然呢
Is this for real?
他搞笑呢
Oh you want to play games now?
你現在想玩玩了嗎
Don't hang up on me. Who's this?
別他媽掛我電話,你誰啊,
If you want to see your friend again
你要是想再見你的朋友
you'll listen to me very carefully.
你就給我仔細聽著
I fucking told you I was kidnapped.
我他媽告訴你了我被綁架了
Shut you fuck up.
你他媽給我閉嘴
You there? Put him on.
還在嗎,讓他聽電話,
He wants to talk to you.
他想跟你說兩句
Hey Charlie. What's cooking?
你好查理,你還好嗎
You all right? Sure.
你還好嗎,當然好啦,
They took me to see the diving horse and everything.
他們帶我去看會潛水的馬什么的
Later on we're getting cotton candy.
之后我們還去吃了棉花糖
I told you to be careful didn't I?
我叮囑過你要小心
I got a bullet in my leg. You gonna hock me now?
我腿上中了一槍,這能怪我嗎
Put Thompson back on.
讓湯普森接電話
I'm here. What do you want?
說吧,你想怎樣,
A meeting so we can settle this bullshit.
坐下來把破事談清楚
I'll meet you at your funeral. We can talk there.
我們可以在你葬禮上談
You'll go to Siegel's before mine.
西格爾會走在我前頭的
Interesting proposition. Let me think it over.
這建議挺有意思,我想想
You gonna be using that phone again?
你待會還要用這個電話嗎
Why?
干嘛
I got to call Esther.
我得給埃斯特打個電話
It's Lag Baomer tonight. I said I'd be home.
今晚是數麥束節,我說了我晚上會回家,猶太節日,從以珥月的第十八天開始
Someone married you? Now you're talking shit about my wife?
你結婚了啊,你要開始罵我老婆了嗎,
Just so happens I'm gonna be a father in a couple of weeks.
過幾周我就要當爸爸了
Make up your decision.
決定好沒
About what?
決定什么
I take that very seriously.
我很顧家的
Margaret.
瑪格麗特
Sure I cat around.
沒錯,我是喜歡偷腥
But a good woman waiting for me? Never forget it.
但我從不會忘了家里還有個好老婆等著我
Is something going on? Rehearsing an act downstairs.
出事了嗎,樓下在排演節目,
So any of you momzers rats me out about
你們哪個小雜種想提起
being at that gash's apartment...
我在那個小破公寓的事
You wanted confirmation. Hold on.
你想要確認來著,稍等,
I swear to god I'll pop a slug so
我對天發誓,我會從你屁股里塞鼻涕蟲
far up your ass your back teeth
一直塞到你嘴里
Say it again.
你再說一遍
You've shorted 50000 shares
你做空了五萬股
of the Mayflower Grain Corporation.
五月花糧食集團的股票
Short another 50000 in the morning.
今早再做空五萬股
You're being awfully curt.
你這也太沒禮貌了
Sorry. Please short another 50000.
抱歉,請再做空五萬股
It's a big position. Meaning?
這事很大,什么意思,
The market will notice.
市場會注意到的
That's the point.
就是要讓他們注意到
Come on get him up.
過來,把他扶起來
You have anything squirreled away? a bit.
你存了些錢嗎,一點點,
Well take a short position yourself.
好,那你自己再做空點
I'll make my own decisions if you don't mind.
你不介意的話,我會自己做主的
Of course you should. Just trying to help.
當然,只是想幫忙
I appreciate your concern for my wellbeing.
感謝你對我的關心
But since I don't know what it is you're trying
但我不知道你是想幫我干什么
I have to go. They're rehearsing again.
我得掛了,樓下又開始排練了
Not even a handshake.
手都不握一下嗎
What are you doing here?
你來這干什么
Passing through.
過路而已
To where?
去哪
You talk to your mother?
你跟你媽媽談過了嗎
Yes.
談過了
What she say?
她說了什么
She saw you in Chicago.
她去芝加哥看了你
A good visit.
都挺好的
I screwed up Will.
我搞砸了,威爾
Pop. Got in over my head.
爸,我不知道我怎么想的,
Pop. Pop!
爸,爸
Can I I just want you I want you to know.
我能不能,我只想讓你知道
Look whatever it is I can't hear it.
聽著,不管怎樣,我都不能聽
You understand?
懂了嗎
Yeah of course I do.
當然懂
Nobody needs the grief.
誰想聽傷心事
Where are you staying?
你現在住在哪
Doesn't matter.
這并不重要
Look I
聽著,我...
455 west 93rd.
93街西455號,
5D. Wait for me.
5D房間,在那等我,
Clean yourself up get something to eat.
洗個澡,吃點東西
And I'll
我會...
We'll sort it out.
咱好好談談了
Take it.
拿著
Take it.
拿著
You want money?
你要錢嗎
What is it you want?
你要什么
I told myself...
我告訴自己
if he's doing okay then it was worth it.
如果他過得不錯,那一切都是值得的
And here you are.
現在看到你了
Right side of the street.
就在街邊上
That's all.
這就夠了
Pop.
爸爸
Pop come on now.
爸爸,過來吧
What are you doing? Get off of me.
你干什么,放開我
Be quiet. Pop!
安靜點,爸爸,
Let go! Pop!
放開我,爸爸
That's my son! Pop!
那是我兒子,爸爸,
That's my son!
那是我兒子
Got in the car and took off.
上車,快走
"One never knows the capacity of an ordinary hand satchel
"沒有緊急情況逼迫,
until dire necessity compels the exercise
誰都想不到手提包能有多大容量
of all one's ingenuity to reduce everything
你得絞盡腦汁
to the smallest possible compass.
對一切精打細算
In mine I was able to pack two travelling caps
我的手提包里可以裝下兩頂旅行帽
three veils a pair of slippers
三頂面紗,一雙拖鞋
a complete outfit of toilet articles
一整套盥洗用品
inkstand pens pencils and copy paper
墨水,鋼筆,鉛筆和復寫紙
needles and thread a dressing gown..."
針線,睡衣..."
Yes a hand satchel.
是啊,一個手提箱
Don't take me back.
別把我送回去
Who's going to look after you?
誰來照顧你呢
I'll look after myself.
我能照顧好自己
You can't live out of a satchel.
你不能就靠個手提箱生活
Nellie did. Until she came home.
娜麗就可以,后來她回到了家,
She had to come home whether she liked it or not.
不管愿不愿意,她都得回家
I could help Mrs. Thompson
湯普森太太不方便時
when her time comes.
我可以給她幫忙
That's months away.
還要幾個月呢
She's scared.
她很害怕
What? She's scared of something.
什么,她在害怕什么東西,
She told you that?
她跟你說的嗎
You can see it.
能看得出來
Please. Let me stay.
求你了,讓我留下來
What do you mean?
你什么意思
They lock you in a room.
他們會把你鎖在房間里
They don't give you food or water.
不給你吃的喝的
They tell you you're born in sin
他們告訴你,你生來就有罪
that your whole life is a sin.
你的一生是罪惡的一生
You can never wash it away.
你永遠無法洗刷你的罪孽
I didn't do anything.
我什么都沒做過
I didn't
我沒
She sailed around the whole world.
她坐船游遍了整個世界
All right now.
那好吧
All right.
好吧
Can you come with me?
你能跟我來一下嗎
What for? You're needed.
干什么,我們需要你,
Don't worry about the uniform.
不用擔心沒穿制服
Good evening Sheriff Lindsay.
晚上好,琳賽警長
Good evening Mrs. Thompson.
晚上好,湯普森太太
Have you come to steal my husband away?
你是來把我丈夫偷走的嗎
Just some county business.
只是處理郡里的一些事情
I'll tend to her.
我會照顧她的
Her niece.
她的侄女
She's visiting from Camden.
她從卡姆登來看我們的
Can I rely upon you or not?
你到底幫不幫我
Start supper without me.
不用等我吃晚飯了
There's one pet I like to pet
曾經我有個最愛的玩物
And in the evening we get wet
一到夜晚我們就盡享歡愉
I stroke it every chance I get
一有機會我就會挑逗它
It's my girl's pussy
那是我馬子的小妹妹
Seldom plays and always purrs
從不亂玩耍,只會呼呼叫
And I love the thought it stirs
我最喜歡它繃緊的樣子
But I don't mind because it's hers
但只要是她的我都愛
It's my girl's pussy
那是我馬子的小妹妹
Often it goes at night
我們從晚上
Returns at break
玩到大天亮
No matter what
不管發生什么事
Can somebody shut him the fuck up?
能來個人讓他閉嘴嗎
One more sap his head will split open.
再來一下他腦袋都要開花了
What's so bad about that?
那不是件好事嗎
Go put a gag on him.
給他戴個嘴套
Take three of you. Make it tight.
帶三個人去,綁緊點
We bringing Maranzano in on this?
咱們要找馬蘭扎諾來處理這事嗎
He's off playing chess.
他下棋去了
If Luciano doesn't bite
要是盧西亞諾不肯上鉤
what happens with Ruth Etting up there?
我們該拿這個萬人迷怎么辦
I just need to know.
你得告訴我
What's so funny?
有什么好笑的
Me and you together.
就剩咱們倆了
Hey songbird.
挺能唱啊,小子
Hey get your fucking hands
手他媽放開
Shut the fuck up!
閉上你那張臭嘴
Hey everybody has their ups and downs.
誰沒個得意失意時呢
Let me through. Let me through!
讓我進去,讓我進去
I came for him.
我要見他
Hold him. Get the fuck out of my way.
按住他,都他媽閃開點,
Hold him!
按住他
Settle down! Settle down! Come on!
別動,別動,用勁,
Bring him here.
帶他過來
Fuck this.
他媽的
Archie.
阿奇
Put that away.
把刀收了
You better have a goddamn good reason for being anywhere near me.
這時過來,你最好有個好理由
See? Fresh as the dew.
看看,活蹦亂跳的
You know who I am?
知道我是誰嗎
Salvatore Lucania.
薩爾瓦多?盧卡尼亞
Charlie Luciano.
現為查理?盧西亞諾
Occasionally Charles Lane or Charles Reid.
有時也叫查爾斯?萊恩或是查爾斯?雷德
Got the emmis on you.
挺了解你
What about him?
他呢
Meyer Suchowlansky.
梅耶?索賀蘭斯基
Sometimes known as Michael Lewis.
有時也叫邁克爾?劉易斯
You have a brother Jacob.
有個叫雅各布的兄弟
Who am I?
我是誰
You're...
你是
Benjamin Siegelbaum. Shortened to Siegel.
本杰明?西格拜姆,簡稱西格爾
Two out of three huh?
三猜兩中
Sorry Pink.
可惜了,平克
Benny Benny's not here right now.
本尼他人現在不在這里
What else do you know about us?
關于我們你還知道些什么
You uh
你們
You've been criminal associates since childhood.
你們倆打小就成了犯罪同伙
He's a lieutenant of Salvatore Maranzano.
他是薩爾瓦多?馬蘭扎諾的副手
And whatever happens to me
無論我的結局如何
sooner or later
或早或晚
you're all going to jail.
你們都得進監獄
Why is that?
為什么
Because the United States Attorney for the Southern District
因為南方地區美國聯邦檢察官
has staked his career on it.
跟你們杠上了
Sounds serious.
聽上去挺嚇人
Well this is more like a family matter.
我們綁你是因為私仇
What? He's the nephew right?
什么,他是努基的侄子,
That's the dope from the inside.
這事可能還沒有多少人知道
There's something I want you to understand.
有件事我得跟你說明白了
I got no beef with you.
我跟你沒有過節
But like you said...
但就像你說的
Friends since childhood.
我們畢竟是發小
So whatever your uncle does to Benny
所以無論你伯父對本尼做了什么
that's got to reflect on you.
你也將受到同樣的待遇
I got nothing to do with my uncle's business.
我伯父的事跟我無關
I'm an assistant United States attorney in the office of
我可是聯邦助理檢察官
We'll go over your job history a little bit later.
待會再回顧你的職業生涯
All right? Enough Pink.
好嗎,行了,平克
Yes? You and your boss have crossed the line.
喂,你跟你的老板玩過火了,
I'm my own boss Mr. Thompson.
我沒有什么老板,湯普森先生
Put him on now.
讓他說話
We get your attention?
肯理我們了
Let me talk to my nephew make sure he's okay.
讓我跟我的侄子通話,確保他無恙
You want to talk fine.
想通話,可以
But we'll do it in person.
你本人親自來吧
He was putting up the corner hotel.
他當時正準備修建街角處的旅館
Never knew where he got the money you know.
我從不知道他哪來的錢
I was just a joiner's apprentice.
我當時不過是個木工學徒
But for some reason he saw me as a reliable man.
但出于某種原因,他覺得我是個可靠的人
So I did one thing for him.
所以我為他辦了一件事
And then another.
接著又是一件
Then I put on a badge.
后來我當上了警官
Look what he's built for himself now.
看他現在住得多豪華
What's the task at hand?
現在的任務呢
You said you wanted to help.
你說過想幫忙
Here is opportunity.
機會來了
Go on.
進去吧
Aren't you coming?
你不來嗎
I believe I'm done.
我的任務完成了
Mr. Lindsay?
琳賽先生
Mr. Lindsay.
琳賽先生
Where did the sheriff go?
警長去哪了
He was feeling poorly sir.
他有些不舒服,先生
Vague answer.
說了白說
It's all I know Mr. Whitlock.
我只知道這些,維特洛克先生
This is a private concern.
這件事屬于私事
It goes without saying that discretion is paramount.
自不用說,保密是第一位的
Wait here.
在這等著
What happened to Lindsay?
琳賽人呢
He left matters to me.
他把事情交給我了
I'd counsel we address that later.
這件事一會再說吧
Leander will instruct you.
利安德會教你的
Conduct yourself with honor and...
注意你的品行
We'll discuss what happens next.
以后的事兒再商量
Yes sir commodore.
是,準將先生
Yes sir.
是,先生
Always a good boy.
一直這么懂禮貌
The commodore believes in the virtue of charitable acts.
準將喜歡行善事
Some of these acts are demonstrated in public some are not.
有些善事會公諸于眾,有些則不會
To offer opportunity to the poor and beleaguered youth of the county
為了幫助縣里貧困的年輕人
he enlists such as he can in service with an eye towards
他在位期間著眼于贊助她們
schooling them in the useful domestic arts.
學習有用的女紅課
But not all children prove suitable.
但并不是所有的孩子都適合
And there is a limit to how much they may be helped.
她們也不全都是那塊料
You will bring her to this address.
你送她去這個地址
You will make clear to the mother
和她媽媽說清楚
that no further compensation will be forthcoming
以后再不會有補助
and no further inquiry will be brooked.
也不許瞎打聽
Are you capable of that?
你辦得到嗎
What the fuck they waiting for?
他們等啥呢
So take off if that's what you want.
想走就走吧
What do I get for sticking around?
我留下有什么好處
What do you have in mind?
你想要什么
The club clear title. 5% of everything else.
俱樂部的有效產權,其他收入的5%
All right.
好,
I didn't think you'd say yes.
沒想到你會同意
Caught me in a good mood.
趕上我心情好
You have a gun? I need to know.
你有槍嗎,我得弄清楚
This has to stay controlled.
一切都要在掌控之中
I don't even have cigarettes.
我連煙都沒有
Nothing without my sayso.
我不發話都不許動
We need to see him. Same here.
我們要看看他,我們也是,
You all right Will? Been better.
你還好嗎,威爾,不咋地,
Take the gag off.
把嘴里的東西拿掉
Khamoyer. Vos Makhstu?
小子,沒事吧
Get me the fuck out of this huh?
快他媽把我弄回去
Why we came Benny.
本尼,我們都來了
Guns down make the exchange.
放下槍,換人
Hey let go of me!
放我走
Wait! Hold it! Hold it! Nobody
等下,住手,停,不許
Fuck you! Fuck you Thompson!
操你的,操,湯普森
Eli you're gonna get us all killed. I don't give a fuck!
伊萊,你會害死我們的,我不管,
Lick the piss off my shvantz
嘗嘗爺的尿吧
you piece of Jersey shit. I'll fix it.
新澤西傻逼們,我來搞定,
You like that cocksucker? All right?
喜歡嗎,王八蛋,好嗎,
I don't care! I'll fix it.
我無所謂,我會搞定的,
We'll fucking bury you! Your whole fucking family!
我們要給你們這個操蛋家族送終
We had an agreement.
我們說好的
Name somebody you ain't fucked over.
你自己說,有誰是你沒騙過的
Teaching me a lesson? This is business.
你想教訓我,這是生意,
And I want all of yours
我要你的全部家當
down to the last pasty in that ratass strip joint you run.
包括你那家狗屁脫衣舞俱樂部
And Cuba. Whatever you got down there.
以及你在古巴的一切
What then? Decide that later.
然后呢,再說,
Hey Charlie. Mickey.
嘿查理,米奇,
I just something to consider.
我就,考慮一下
Mickey. We all swim in the same waters.
米奇,我們是同一條船上的,
Whatever beef you two got
不管你們之間有什么過節
I've been running that place the last seven years.
我可是在那經營七年了
You don't need to be throwing the baby out
你用不著把我掃地出門
Shut the fuck up for once. Look out!
閉嘴,小心,
You son of a bitch! Hold on! Stop!
狗娘養的,住手,停火,
Put them down!
放下槍
Stop! Everybody stop! Stay calm!
住手,全都住手,冷靜,
You fuck!
你他媽的
It's yours.
歸你了
Everything's yours. Let him go.
全歸你了,放他走
What's everything?
到底多少
What I have.
我所有的
All I've ever had. Atlantic City.
我曾擁有的一切,大西洋城
What do you think?
你覺得呢
I think I'd like to see him on his knees.
我想看他下跪
Make my friend happy.
讓我朋友高興高興
Now you know how it feels.
現在你也嘗到滋味了吧,參考第一季
I underestimated you Charles.
我低估你了,查爾斯
That was a mistake.
大錯特錯了
You're much smarter than I gave you credit for.
你比我想的聰明多了
And what's that make you?
那你呢
Dumber than I knew.
比我想的蠢得多
Good words for the headstone.
好句墓志銘
I'm giving you what you want.
你想要的我都給你了
Let him go. Ah just fucking kill him.
放他走,宰了他,
Kill him kill the kid kill 'em all.
他和那孩子,把他們全宰了
Grab it anyway.
反正都是你的
Mouths of babes.
說的話真是幼稚
That won't solve your problem.
那不能解決你的問題
And what problem's that? Maranzano.
那是什么問題,馬蘭扎諾,
I'll get to him. Unless he gets to you first.
我會逮到他的,除非他先逮到你,
Don't say it doesn't worry you. It's all you think about.
別說你不擔心,你只擔心這個
24 hours
給我24小時,
I take care of it.
我會處理好的
I take the risk
我來冒這個險
and you let him go.
你讓他走
Hey jerkoff. What?
蠢貨,什么事,
Let's get steak and eggs.
我們去吃點牛排雞蛋吧
Get him in the car.
把他弄到車里
You deliver and we deliver.
一命換一命
What'd you just do?
你剛做了什么
I don't know.
我不知道
Capone made over a million between '25 and '29.
卡彭在1925年到1929年間收入上百萬
Failed to report a nickel.
一分錢也沒有上報
22 counts of willful evasion of income taxes.
故意逃避所得稅達22萬,
Bootlegging gambling extortion
走私,賭博,敲詐
that money is all taxable.
這些收入都應該納稅
Specific violations of the Revenue Act of 1926.
特別是違反了1926年出臺的稅收法案
Tell me about these ledger books.
給我講講這個分類賬簿
Profits losses expenses
利潤,損失,花費
all laid out in black and white.
白紙黑字記得很明白
With a witness willing to testify.
有了愿意指控的證人
We're ready to move on him sir.
我們已經可以把他拿下了,長官
We can trace the money.
我們可以追蹤那筆錢
We can prove the crimes.
我們能證明他的罪行
And we can put this crook in jail.
可以把這個惡棍抓進監獄
Gentlemen...
先生們
you've got your warrant.
我同意簽署逮捕證
Bureau of Internal Revenue.
國稅局
We have a subpoena for Mr. Salvatore Maranzano.
我們有薩爾瓦多?馬蘭扎諾的傳票
Aiut aiuta
幫,
Aiutami!
幫我
Where the heck have you been?
你去哪里了
Maybe I shouldn't ask.
或許我不該問
That'd be a good idea.
不問最好
Well get cleaned up.
去洗洗干凈
Hodge is on his way and he's loaded for bear.
霍奇在來的路上,他會發火的
What's going on?
發生什么事了
Cripes did you even see daylight?
天啊,難道你沒看報紙嗎
Salvatore Maranzano was murdered this afternoon in his office.
薩爾瓦多?馬蘭扎諾下午在他的辦公室被殺了
Couldn't have gone cleaner.
下手非常利落
In and out five minutes.
一共只用了五分鐘
All people saw were hats.
大家只看到了帽子
Any problems we have our friend on the inside.
以防萬一,我們在內部也有眼線
What else?
還有嗎
Atlantic City.
大西洋城
Give it to Pinky.
交給平克吧
That's a big bar mitzvah present.
好大一份成年禮
Somebody's got to run that shithole.
總要有人管那個地方吧
Something more important.
其他的事更重要
We got to set this meeting.
我們得安排會面
Sooner is better.
越快越好
Everyone from Pittsburgh to podunk.
從匹斯堡到小鄉鎮的所有人
Lay out the rules before people get their own ideas.
在人們有想法之前先定好規矩
Now I can make these phone calls.
我可以打幾個電話
That'll be the easiest.
那是最簡單了
Most of these guys we all cut our teeth on Mulberry Bend.
我和他們基本都在桑本德長大
So when they hear it from me
所以當他們接到我的電話
We're gonna handle it Johnny.
我們會處理的,約翰尼
These are big changes.
這可是巨大的變革
I want to be sure everything goes
我想確定所有事都
We appreciate all your advice.
我們感謝你的建議
Couldn't have done it without you.
沒有你我們是做不到的
Jesus look at you alter kockers.
天啊,看這群老頭子
We celebrating or not?
我們要不要慶祝一下
This could be a good year Charlie.
今年會很棒的,查理
So what are you waiting for?
所以你在等什么呢
Let's pop those bottles already.
開酒啊
Let's get this thing going.
讓我們鬧起來
Here you go. Let's cut a rug.
給你,跳起來
Who is it?
誰,
Joe Harper.
喬?哈珀
It's unlocked.
門沒鎖
Thought you might want it cleaned up in here.
我本想來打掃一下
Not right now.
現在不需要
You want refills on those?
你要續杯嗎
Just clear the empties.
把空杯子拿走就行了
All the booze out.
把所有酒都拿出去
Do you know what happened?
你知道發生了什么嗎
You won.
你贏了
Mickey Arquimedes
米奇,阿基米德
they're not coming back.
他們都不會回來了
Understand?
你明白嗎
What's it like when you see it?
你當時是什么感覺
You tell yourself it's quick.
你告訴自己,很快的
But you don't know.
可你也不知道
You can't know until it's you.
除非死的是你
And then you'll never tell anyone.
可那樣你也沒法告訴別人了
Is the club staying open?
俱樂部還會繼續營業嗎
Ask the new boss.
問你的新老板吧
You know there's things I can do for you.
我至少還可以為你做些事
Sure.
當然
You can sweep the sand.
你可以去掃沙子
Sorry?
什么
That's 1000. Maybe more.
這里有一千塊,可能還不止
Go be a plumber or a bookkeeper
去找個水管工,會計之類的活兒吧
or the President.
或者當總統
Sir?
先生
Just take the money.
把錢拿著吧
Take it.
拿著
Then do whatever you want you stupid hick.
愛干什么干什么,你個蠢蛋鄉巴佬
But do us both a favor
但是行行好
and get the fuck away from me.
離我他媽的遠點
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Business took longer than I expected.
被公務耽擱了
It's my job.
這是我的工作
I don't have a choice. You know that.
我沒得選,你知道的
Mabel?
梅布爾
What did you say to her?
你對她說了什么
What?
什么
What did you say?
你說了什么
Nothing. What She's run off.
沒什么,她跑了,
When?
什么時候
I was asleep.
趁我睡覺的時候
She take anything?
她偷走了什么嗎
I don't know. Did you look?
我不知道,你沒找找嗎,
Why would you even ask me that?
你為什么會問我這種問題
Because she's a thief.
因為她就是個賊
She is a thief. That's what she is.
她就是個賊,僅此而已
She was someone who needed help.
她只是需要幫助
I tried. I tried.
我試過了,我盡力了
I care about you.
我更在乎你
I care about the family we're going to have together.
我更在乎我們即將擁有的家庭
That's all that matters to me.
這才是對我來說最重要的
You can't fix everything.
你沒法幫助所有人
Come back.
回來
Please come back.
回來吧
What is it you expect me to be?
你到底想讓我怎么樣
"Dear Sheriff Enoch. "
親愛的伊諾克治安官,
You came to my aid once
很久以前
a very long time ago.
你曾對我施過援手
I write in the last hope that you can find it
我懷著最后的期望寫下這封信
in your heart to think of me once again.
但愿我在你心中仍占有一席之地
As a child and for most of my life thereafter
自當我從孩童開始,以及以后的人生中
I only did what I had to do to survive
我的一切作為不過是為了求生
making a devil's bargain
與魔鬼做了交易
and in the process giving birth to a child
生下了一個孩子
fathered by a man I did not love.
卻不愛孩子的父親
With no hope of reprieve
過去的七年以來
and with everything in this world taken from me
我一直被監禁于此
for the past seven years I have been held captive.
形如槁木,心如死灰
I feel as if I am in hell
終日如臨地獄
which is a pain worse than death.
生不如死
Taken away one piece at a time.
心智被一點點地蠶食
You are the only one left who knows me.
你是我在世上唯一的親友
Please tell them who I was before.
請告訴他們我之前的樣子
You promised not to return me
你曾答應過我
to a place determined to crush my soul.
不會將我送回流離之所
Show me the same kindness now
請憐憫我一下
that you once showed an orphan girl under the boardwalk.
就像當年你憐憫木板路下的那個孤兒
I know in your way you thought you could save me.
我知道你曾以為自己可以拯救我
Would it have been better for both of us if you had not?
如果你沒有拯救我,會不會是件好事
We were innocent once.
我們都曾是單純無罪的
Every moment here is a torture I cannot describe.
身處此地是一種無時不刻的折磨
As a girl and for most of my life thereafter
自當我從孩童開始,以及以后的人生中
I did what I had to do to survive.
我所做的不過是為了掙扎求生
I do not look for absolution but only relief.
我不求寬恕,但求解脫
I gave birth to a son fathered by a man I did not love.
我生下了一個孩子,卻不愛孩子的父親
Everything in this world has been taken from me.
我形如槁木
With no hope of reprieve.
心如死灰
I go back over what I have just written.
我反復檢查著自己剛才所寫下的文字
I look at the words and think they make sense.
我看著這些詞句,認為自己言之有物
And with each passing day I am less and less certain.
但每過一天,我就愈發懷疑自己的理智
Bit by bit
他們一點點地
they take you away until all you are...
蠶食著你的身心,最終...
I tell myself I am sane.
我告訴自己我沒有發瘋
...and finally nothing at all.
最終你一無所剩,
If you would come if you would sit beside me...
如果你能來,能夠坐在我身旁...
You are the only one left who knows me.
你是我在世上唯一的親友
Show me the same kindness now that you once showed an orphan girl.
請憐憫我一下,就像當年你憐憫木板路下的那個孤兒
There is forgiveness for everyone.
每個人都應被寬恕
I turn to you on my knees.
我愿屈膝下跪
I beg you."
請求你"
Please help me.
幫幫我吧