She has no identification,
她身上沒有任何身份證明
no wallet, no keys,
連錢包和鑰匙都沒有
and she wouldn't talk to the cops.
警察也套不出她的話
So they dropped her on our doorstep?
所以他們就把她丟給咱們了
When I was on the force, we used to do that all the time.
我在警局的時候,也經常這么干
Involuntary psychiatric hold.
這叫"非自愿精神性扣押"
You know, we cut out a lot of paperwork.
幫我們省了很多文書工作
Wait here.
在這等著
You got it.
沒問題
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
I hear you caused quite a disturbance tonight.
我聽說你今晚惹出不小的騷動
Some antiSemitic remark set you off.
一群反猶太人士把你激怒了
They made a joke.
他們開了個玩笑
The businessmen at the bar.
那些在酒吧里的商人
They said, "Don't let them Jew you down."
他們說, "別被猶太佬掃了興"
That's how it always starts, you know?
總是這樣開始的,你知道么
With jokes.
都是先開玩笑
There's blood on your coat there.
你外套上有血漬
Is it yours? It's theirs.
是你的嗎,是他們的
I broke a beer bottle. I stabbed them.
我打碎了一個啤酒瓶,捅了他們
They will live, but...
他們死不了,不過
they will never forget.
這教訓足以讓他們記一輩子
I'm not immune to the atrocities your people suffered.
我能理解你們猶太人遭受的暴行
Did you lose someone in the war?
你在戰爭中失去了什么親人嗎
We'll start treatment first thing in the morning.
我們明早就開始你的治療
Lock her up.
把她鎖起來
Am I going to die?
我會死嗎
Not exactly.
不會的
As a matter of fact,
事實上
after this, you'll probably live forever.
這之后你可能就會萬世長存了
I could sure use a cigarette about now.
給我來根兒煙
Arden?
奧爾頓干的嗎
Where is it?
在哪里
That son of a bitch.
那個狗娘養的
No new incisions to indicate surgical implantation.
沒發現外科植入的新切口
What'd it do, crawl back inside you?
它難道是爬回你體內的么
Through which orifice?
從哪個洞進去的
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什么
Yeah, he smacked me around,
是啊,他對我狂扇巴掌
shot me with Xrays, for that...
各種X光照射,為了找...
that thing he found on my neck.
從我脖子里挖出來的那個東西
The tracer from the creatures in the sky?
那個來自天外來客的跟蹤器嗎
You still believe me, don't you?
你還是相信我的,對嗎
Yeah, of course.
當然了
But it doesn't matter what I believe.
但我相不相信又沒有用
It does.
當然有用
Especially in this place. Your story is who you are.
尤其在這個鬼地方,你的經歷決定你是誰
I wish I could forget my story.
真希望能忘了我的經歷
No, you have to say it out loud all the time
不,你要不斷大聲講出來
just to keep it straight in your head.
這樣才能將它印在腦海中
Tell me.
跟我說說吧
Tell me your story.
講講你的經歷
I won't judge you.
我不會妄加評論的
I can still hear the sound if I let myself.
若不刻意控制,我仍能聽到當時的聲音
You hear something?
你聽到什么了嗎
What's going on?
發生什么了
What time is it?
現在幾點了
Stay here.
你待著別動
Grace...
格蕾絲
Get back here!
給我回來
I lost my father and my stepmother that night.
當晚我失去了父親和繼母
I lost my stepsister the next day
第二天我又失去了繼妹
when she accused me of murdering them.
她指控我是兇手
Red and Patsy were secretly lovers.
雷德和帕奇在搞地下戀
They wanted the farm for themselves.
他們想把農場據為己有
They planned every detail to convince the police,
他們計劃好了一切,讓警方相信我是兇手
and no matter how many times I told my story,
不管我將經歷說多少遍
no one would believe me.
就是沒人相信我
I believe you.
我相信你
I loved the farm.
我熱愛那個農場
I miss the horses the most.
尤其想念那些馬
The freedom I felt riding them.
騎著馬,感覺我是自由的
Like I was flying.
像是在飛翔
You'll fly again.
你會再次飛翔的
Where did you go during the movie, Lana?
電影放映的時候你去哪了,拉娜
I... I told you, I excused myself.
我跟你說過了,我去廁所了
I'm not going to say a word to Sister Jude.
我不會把這事告訴裘德修女的
I would have done that already
如果我覺得有必要那樣做
if I thought that's what was needed.
我早就去了
You reappeared.
你們回來了
You, Kit and Grace.
你,基特和格蕾絲
The Mexican, a sexcrazed deviant,
一個墨西哥人,一個縱欲的人
and a pinhead won't get far in this storm.
還有一個笨蛋,在這樣的暴風雨里走不遠
I hope they all drown out there.
他們都淹死在外面才好
Lights out in ten minutes.
十分鐘后熄燈
All right, let's go.
好了,走吧
Shelley made it out.
謝莉跑出去了
She got past whatever's out there.
她躲過了外面的那個東西
What the hell were they?
它們到底是什么
We can never talk about that.
我們絕不能跟別人說起那東西
If they know we got out, it's the end of us.
如果被他們知道我們出去過,我們就完了
Here's the thing, Lana.
是這樣的,拉娜
You don't belong here. You're not a danger to society.
你不該在這里,你對社會并無威脅
You were right to try to escape.
你想要逃跑是對的
You headshrinkers are such hypocrites.
你們這些精神科醫生真虛偽
According to your bible,
依據你們的圣經
the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders,
精神疾病診斷及統計手冊
I'm sick. I have an illness.
我確實病了
I believe I can help you. I'd like to try, if you'll let me.
我能幫你,如果你允許,我想試試
But I'm not even your patient.
但我不是你的病人
I see myself in you.
我在你身上看到了自己的影子
You're thoughtful and intelligent.
你深思熟慮,又聰明機智
You have something to offer the world.
你能對社會做出貢獻
And they can't keep you here
如果他們沒有針對你近況的診斷
if they don't have a current diagnosis.
就不能把你關在這里
If I can convince them that I've cured you,
如果我能證明,我治愈了你
they'll be forced to release you.
他們就必須放了你
Doctor, I have been this way since...
醫生,我記憶所及的每一天...
...since I can remember.
都是這樣的
There is no cure.
治愈一說并不存在
Your choice.
你自己選
I'm not like Sister Jude.
我和裘德修女不同
I won't force you to do anything.
我不會強迫你做任何事
But I also won't be here very much longer
但我也不會再在這里待很久了
another week if we're lucky
幸運的話,也就一周
so if you want help getting out of this shithole...
所以如果你想讓我幫你離開這鬼地方
...we'd better jump in.
我們最好快一點
You're a fish out of water, Lana,
你就像一條離開水的魚,拉娜
gasping for life. It won't end well.
茍延殘喘,命不久矣
Trust me.
相信我
15th of November 1964. Dear Kitty:
1964年11月15日,親愛的吉蒂
This relentlessly cheerful tune never stops playing.
這首歡快的曲子永遠也播不到頭
The walls are closing in. I can hardly breathe.
墻壁仿佛向我壓迫而來,我無法呼吸
It's Amsterdam all over again.
仿佛回到了阿姆斯特丹
But there are eyes everywhere.
但這里有太多眼睛緊盯著我
These eyes of madness and disease.
這些瘋狂病態的視線
These people, they are resigned to die here.
這些人被流放到這里,直至死亡
We were never resigned.
我們從沒被流放過
We always held on to a shred of hope.
我們總存有一絲希望
Give me your pen.
把筆給我
If they catch you writing, they'll throw you in solitary.
如果他們逮到你寫字,會把你關禁閉的
In spite of the religious icons everywhere,
盡管到處都是圣母像
this is a godless place.
但這里沒有神存在
You might want a friend.
想交個朋友嗎
Okay. I hope you like pain.
好吧,希望你享受痛楚
You must be the new girl.
你一定就是那個新來的姑娘
You were there.
你當時在那兒
What? In Auschwitz.
什么,在奧斯維辛集中營里
Nazi murderer! You Nazi swine!
納粹殺人犯,你這頭納粹豬
Take this one. Murderer! Nazi swine!
來人,殺人犯,納粹豬
Don't you rember me, Doctor? I am Anne.
你不記得我了嗎,醫生,我是安妮
Anne Frank!
安妮·弗蘭克
So, Anne Frank, is it?
是安妮·弗蘭克,對吧
What a relief it will be to millions of schoolchildren
你還活著,真是讓成千上萬的孩子們
to know you survived.
感到寬慰啊
You think I'm crazy.
你以為我瘋了
Anne Frank died,
安妮·弗蘭克死了
BergenBelsen, 1945.
死在1945年的貝爾根·貝爾森集中營
Just weeks before the camp was liberated.
僅僅就在集中營被解放前的數周
There were so many bodies when the Allies arrived
同盟國軍抵達的時候看到了漫山遍野的尸體
thousands...
數千條人名
buried in mass graves
埋葬在一整個墓坑里
but I wasn't one of them.
但我并不是其中一員
I was too sick to tell anyone my name,
我非常討厭告訴別人我的名字
even if they had asked.
即便是他們來問我
The Brits nursed us back to some semblance of health.
英國人讓我們恢復到一定程度上的健康
Afterwards, I kept to the streets in Germany.
后來我藏在德國的街道里
A pickpocket, a thief.
成了一個小偷
And then I met a soldier.
然后我遇到了一名士兵
Private William Snow of Rutherford, New Jersey.
威廉·斯諾二等兵,來自新澤西州的盧瑟福
He saved me.
他救了我
He brought me to America.
他把我帶到美國
So you're a married lady.
所以你是個已婚女人
A widow.
是個寡婦
William was called back to service
朝鮮戰爭期間,威廉
during the Korean Conflict.
被征召回戰場服役
He was killed there in '52.
52年的時候,他在那里遇害了
That same year,
同一年
my diary was published here in America.
我的日記在美國出版
Only then did I realize
到那時我才知道
that Pim had survived the war.
賓姆在戰爭中幸存下來了
And you made
但是你
no attempt to contact your father?
并沒有嘗試去聯系你的父親
I wanted to,
一開始
at first.
我本想去的
But he had a new family, a new life.
但他有了新的家庭,新妻子
But more than that, it was the diary.
更重要的是那本日記
People finally started to pay attention
人們終于開始關注
to what they'd done to us.
那些人渣是怎么對待我們的
All because of
都要歸功于
a martyred yearold girl.
一名15歲的殉難者
She had to stay 15.
她不得不停留在15歲
And a martyr.
成為一名殉難者
I could do more good dead than alive.
我死了比活著作用更大
Your story
你的故事
is indecent.
真是不堪入耳
No, you are indecent.
不,你的作為才真是不堪入目
You have a Nazi war criminal working here.
你讓一名納粹罪犯在這里工作
I find myself in
我現在
a bit of an ethical dilemma, Kit.
有點進退兩難,基特
If I deem you as sane, you'll almost certainly
如果我認定你神志正常,你幾乎一定
go to the electric chair, but if I...
要被處以死刑,但如果我
judge you unfit to stand trial,
判定你不適合受審
you'll be allowed to live out the rest of your days here.
你將在這里度過你的余生
So... what's the problem?
那,有什么問題
The problem is I don't think you're crazy.
問題是我不認為你瘋了
But I don't think you're evil.
但我也不相信你是個魔鬼
You think I'm innocent?
你認為我是無辜的嗎
In some ways, yes.
某些方面,的確如此
The innocent victim of a brutish society
殘忍不堪的社會的無辜受害者
which drove you to commit acts so terrible,
這驅使你犯下如此可怕的罪行
so... antithetical to who you are as a person
所以,和你的人格完全相反
that your psyche concocted this elaborate fantasy
你的靈魂捏造出一個細節完美的幻想
about alien abduction to absolve you of your guilt.
例如外星人綁架,來赦免你的罪行
No.
不
That's not true.
這不是真的
I believe it is.
我認為這就是真相
But I also believe that your death
我認為有州立機關處你以死刑
at the hands of the state serves no moral purpose.
并不是為了什么道德目的
Listen to me very carefully, Kit.
仔細聽我說,基特
I'm willing to lie to the courts in order to save your life,
我愿意對法庭說謊,救你一命
but only under one condition:
但有一個條件
that for the rest of our time together,
之后我們相處的每一天
you face the truth of what you've done.
你都要面對你所做的一切
If you can do that,
如果你能做到這一點
then I'll be able to leave here feeling I've done some good.
待我離開的時候我會記得我做過一些好事
I already told you what happened.
我已經告訴過你到底發生了什么
Yes.
是的
Now let me tell you.
現在讓我來告訴你吧
He wasn't called Arden then.
他那時不叫奧爾頓
He was Gruper.
他叫高帕
Hans Gruper.
漢斯·高帕
He was SS.
是納粹黨衛軍成員
And he was not like the others.
但他和別的黨衛隊員不一樣
I saw him the night we arrived in Auschwitz.
我是在到達奧斯威辛的那晚見到他的
That's where they sent us first.
那里是他們遣送我們的第一站
He seemed kind... gentle.
他顯得親切溫柔
I remember that there were two boys, twins,
我記得當時有一對雙胞胎男孩
and when the guards herded the other children away,
當別的衛兵把其余孩子集中在一起時
Gruper saved those twins.
高帕救了那對雙胞胎
I can recall thinking that they were lucky.
記得當時我覺得他們真幸運
But nobody was lucky in Auschwitz.
但在奧斯維辛,沒人是幸運的
I didn't know it then,
當時我并不知道
but Dr. Gruper never saved a single soul.
但高帕醫生從沒拯救過一個靈魂
He would visit us regularly in the women's barracks,
他定期來女營房看我們
bring us sweets, chocolates.
給我們帶糖果,巧克力
The guards would never strike us when he was present.
當他出現時,衛兵從不會毆打我們
He wanted to help, he said.
他說,他想幫助我們
But he couldn't treat all the girls, he would say.
但也會說,他不能款待所有的女孩
So he left it to chance.
所以他交給上天決定
And when they came back,
當她們回來的時候
if they came back...
如果能回來的話
something had changed.
發生了一些事
He had made them sick.
他把她們變成了病人
Whatever he'd done to them.
無論他做了什么
They'd be afraid to speak out.
她們都怕的不敢說出來
They'd be sworn to secrecy.
她們被迫發誓保密
You married Alma in secret.
你和艾爾瑪秘密結婚了
You didn't feel you could tell anyone.
你覺得你不能告訴任何人
And as time passed, what should've been your greatest joy
隨著時間流逝,本該是你最大的喜悅
became your greatest shame.
卻成了你最大的恥辱
And the pressure in you built and needed a release.
而你產生的壓力亟需釋放
And it found one.
于是你找到了方法
On... January 16,
1月16日
Donna Burton, a librarian, was abducted from
堂娜·波頓,圖書管理員
the Wausaukee County Library
在沃索基郡圖書館前被綁架
a short drive from the gas station where you worked.
距離你所工作的加油站不遠
Her remains were found two days later.
她的尸體兩天后被人發現
Her skin had been removed.
被剝了皮
So had her head.
沒有頭
Why the skin, Kit?
基特,為什么要剝皮
Why the head?
為什么要砍頭
I don't know.
我不知道
Her race?
因為她的種族
Her identity? The very things about Alma
她的身份嗎,和艾爾瑪相似的社會地位
society was punishing you for?
驅使你這么做嗎
No.
不
It happened again in March.
3月又發生了一起
Allison Rydell,
艾利森·瑞戴爾
a secretary, was taken outside of her home.
一個秘書,在她家門口被劫走了
Then it happened to Alma.
然后就是艾爾瑪
The night it happened,
出事的那晚
you said you had been visited at work by friends.
你說一些朋友在工作的時候來找你
You said that they were suspicious,
你說他們很可疑
that they followed you home.
還尾隨你回家
But it wasn't them.
但不是他們
Of course it was, Kit.
當然是他們,基特
Kit? Kit?
基特,基特
And maybe Alma had had enough of the hiding, of the shame.
也許艾爾瑪受夠了躲藏和恥辱
And when she confronted you about it, you snapped.
所以當她反抗你的時候,你崩潰了
Your rage at Alma's shame
因艾爾瑪的恥辱而生的憤怒
had finally found its real target.
終于找到了真正的目標
You killed the thing you loved the most.
你殺了世上最愛的人
It wasn't me.
不是我干的
It wasn't him.
不是他干的
I know what I saw.
我知道我看到了什么
You didn't see anything,
你什么也沒看到
because you weren't there.
因為那時你不在那里
I know where I came from, Sister.
我知道我從哪里來,修女
Can you say the same about your Dr. Arden?
你敢肯定自己知道奧爾頓醫生從哪里來嗎
From the Commonwealth Gazette in Western Massachusetts,
摘自西馬薩諸塞州的聯邦公報
for her searing, sixpart expose
分六部分,充分揭露了她在荊棘崖莊園
of the horrific mental health abuses at Briarcliff Manor,
所受到的令人毛骨悚然的心理虐待
home for the criminally insane,
那里關押著有罪的精神病人
where she was held against her will
還迫使她違背自己的意志
and subjected to unspeakable torture,
飽受非人的折磨
the brave Miss Lana Winters.
勇敢的拉娜·溫特斯小姐
Thank you.
謝謝
I want to thank my real heroes:
我想向那些真正的勇者表達敬意
the other inmates at Briarcliff,
那些荊棘崖的病人們
whose stories broke my heart
他們的故事讓人心碎
and inspired me to survive.
卻激勵著我生存下去
Like Martha.
譬如瑪莎
They say when she first arrived,
據說,她剛來的時候
she was young and beautiful.
年輕貌美
She had suffered a nervous breakdown
因為丈夫自殺
after her husband committed suicide.
而精神崩潰了
When I met her,
我見到她時
she banged her head against the wall
她總是不停地將頭撞向墻壁
pretty much every single day.
日復一日
And Rudy.
還有魯迪
Diagnosed as a chronic masturbator,
被診斷為習慣性手淫患者
Sister Jude's cane did little to help his habit.
裘德修女藤條的鞭笞也治不好他的病
In fact, he got worse.
相反,他的病情惡化了
They tried hard to crush my spirit.
他們想方設法要從精神上壓垮我
Something there is that doesn't love a wall
世間有物不愛墻(出自美國詩人羅伯特·弗羅斯特名篇《修墻》)
that sends the frozengroundswell under it.
凝漲墻角冰凍地
And...
太...
To destroy my mind so I'd forget what I saw.
他們想摧毀我的意志,讓我忘記所見所聞
...spills the upper boulders in the sun...
太陽一照射,頂石紛落下
I did everything I could think of to survive.
我竭盡全力,活了下來
And then I did what I had to do to get out.
并不計一切代價想逃出這里
How soon can we begin your therapy?
我們最快什么時候能開始治療
Are you seeing Sister Jude's face in the dough?
你把那團面想成裘德修女了嗎
I want to punch her, too, for making us work double shifts.
我也想揍她,居然讓我們輪兩次班
What if I am crazy?
如果我真的瘋了呢
What if I imagined the whole thing?
如果整件事都是我假想出來的呢
The spaceship, the creatures, Alma abducted.
飛碟,外星人,艾爾瑪被挾持
What if... what if I made it all up
如果,如果我編造出這一切
because I couldn't face up to what I'd done?
是因為我無法正視自己犯下的罪行呢
Why are you saying this now?
為什么你會說這些
Dr. Thredson, he...
史萊森醫生,他...
he said some things that are starting to make sense.
他說了一些話,很有道理
Well, if you were crazy, they wouldn't make sense to you.
如果你真瘋了,那些話對你毫無意義
Selfdoubt is a sure sign of sanity.
自我懷疑正是頭腦清醒的標志
Wait, you're confusing me. If...
慢著,你把我弄糊涂了,如果...
you're saying that if I'm crazy,
你是說,如果我瘋了
then I wouldn't believe Dr. Thredson,
我就不會相信史萊森醫生
but if I'm sane,
但如果我神智正常
then my crazy stories would be true?
那些瘋狂的故事就該是真的嗎
I have no idea what you just said.
我完全不知道你在說什么
What am I?
我究竟是誰
Crazy or sane?
瘋著還是醒著
Am I a killer?
我是殺人犯嗎
I don't care.
我不在乎
Whatever you are,
無論你是什么人
I'll be with you.
我都會陪在你身邊
I've taken the liberty of choosing one, Sister Jude.
我冒昧地幫您選了一根藤條,裘德修女
A cane befitting their... transgression.
一根能懲戒他們罪過的藤條
I don't know what's gotten into you lately, Sister,
我不知道你最近怎么了,修女
but it's a decided improvement.
但你顯然有了長足的進步
You two... are far too familiar.
你們兩個,實在走得太近了
You're drawn to each other like the serpent and the apple.
你們彼此沉迷,受蛇的蠱惑而偷食禁果
Are you purposely trying to make a murder baby?
你們是要成心搞出個殺人狂孩子嗎
Grace didn't kill anyone.
格蕾絲沒殺過人
She told me her story; she was framed.
她全告訴我了,她是被陷害的
Just give us our beating and get it over with.
打我們一頓,把這事早點結了吧
I think a more reliable step needs to be taken:
我認為還是要采用更穩妥的辦法
sterilization, for the both of you.
給你們做絕育手術
You can't do that.
你不能這么做
What is it?
怎么了
Two detectives are here questioning Dr. Arden.
來了兩名警探,正在盤問奧爾頓醫生
I don't know about what.
我不知道是什么事
Sister...
修女
see to it that these two are secured
務必看好這兩個人
till the paperwork for the procedure is approved.
文件批下來之前不能出岔子
I'll take 'em to solitary.
我會把他們關到禁閉室去
Frank... why don't you take Grace,
弗蘭克,不如你帶走格蕾絲
and I'll take Kit.
我來帶基特
Would that be all right, Sister Jude?
這樣行嗎,裘德修女
Just make sure they're kept apart.
只要保證他們不在一起就行了
Come on. Let's go, get up.
行了,走了,快起來
Let's go.
走了
It's good advice, Kit.
給你點忠告,基特
She's not the innocent girl she claims to be.
她并非自己口中的那個無辜少女
Dr. Arden, I'd like to go over with...
奧爾頓醫生,我想重申下...
Oh, I'm terribly sorry.
太抱歉了
I wasn't aware you had visitors.
我不知道你在會客
I'm Sister Jude.
我是裘德修女
I run this facility.
是本院負責人
Detective Byers. This is Detective Connors.
我是拜爾斯探員,這位是康納斯探員
Detectives. My gracious.
兩位探員大駕光臨,榮幸之至
This really doesn't concern you, Sister.
這真的與你無關,修女
Two police detectives questioning
兩位警探來此訊問
one of my most valued staff members,
我最器重的員工之一
concerns me greatly.
這與我有著莫大的關系
Maybe the Sister can help.
也許修女能幫上忙
A nun would make one hell of a character witness.
讓修女來做品德證人,再合適不過了
If it's a question of the doctor's character,
如果你們是質詢奧爾頓醫生的品德
I've got lots to say.
我可很有發言權
Well, your colleague here has been accused of
有人指控你的這位同僚
roughing up a certain lady of the evening.
曾粗暴地毆打一位"夜晚女郎"
A prostitute?!
妓女嗎
No need to retire to your fainting couch, Sister.
不必如此驚詫,修女
Because all of this is an egregious lie.
因為這一切不過是個彌天大謊
I've never even met the woman.
我根本沒見過那個女人
It must have been frightening, meeting strange men,
你和陌生人見面,心里肯定很害怕吧
what with a killer on the loose.
畢竟有個殺人犯還逍遙法外呢
She says she saw some things which alarmed her.
她說在嫌犯家中發現了令她驚駭的事物
Obscene material, pornography...
淫穢物品,色情圖片...
Nazi memorabilia.
還有納粹紀念章
When she tried to leave his home,
而當她想離開嫌犯家時
he got physical with her.
那人便開始對她施暴
No!
不
This is utter hogwash. I was here.
簡直一派胡言,我那天晚上在這里
Can you verify that for us, Sister?
修女,你能幫我們核對一下嗎
Did you say Nazi memorabilia?
你剛才提到納粹紀念章了嗎
This is outrageous.
真是欺人太甚
I have no idea what I'm even being accused of.
我對這些所謂的指控一無所知
One would think that the Wausaukee County Police Department
我覺得沃索基郡警察局
would have something better to do with its time.
應該有一些更有意義的事情要做
I know I have.
我知道我有
Good day to you.
失陪了
Aren't you going to arrest him?
你們不打算逮捕他嗎
For what?
罪名是什么
Well, you're the Vice detectives.
你們不是掃黃打非組的探員嗎
Actually, Sister, we're Homicide.
修女,其實我們是重案組的
Homicide?
重案組
Certain details of the victim's statement caught our eye.
受害人證詞中的某些細節引起了我們的注意
Maybe we can ask you a question.
你能否幫我們解答一個疑問
It's about one of your patients here, Kit Walker.
關于這里的一位病人,基特·沃克
What about him?
他怎么了
He seemed like the kind of guy that would have the surgical skill
他是否可能擁有足夠精湛的手術技巧
to remove a woman's skin?
能把被害婦女的皮膚剝下來
And her head?
還把腦袋砍下來
What is this stuff? Apomorphine.
你給我輸的是什么,脫水嗎啡
The standard drug for this kind of cuttingedge aversion therapy.
它是這種先進的厭惡療法的標準用藥
They use it at Harvard, Brigham Young, Cornell.
哈佛大學,楊伯翰大學和康奈爾大學都在用
The theory is that we're training your body
這種療法的原理在于對你的身體加以訓練
to be physically repelled by certain...triggers.
使其一受到某些刺激,就會不自覺地反胃
How did you get that?
這幅照片是哪兒來的
From your house, when I was there.
上次去你家時,從那里拿來的
I thought you might want it.
我覺得你可能會需要它
Say when.
準備好了就說
I need a few more minutes...
我得休息幾分鐘...
I need a few minutes before the next one.
過幾分鐘再繼續進行吧
I'm very impressed with your determination, Lana.
你的決心令我無比欽佩,拉娜
Let's take a break from that.
這項訓練暫且告一段落
Let's ve on to the conversion part of your therapy.
下面將進行治療過程中的"轉變"環節
I think you might actually enjoy this part.
我想你可能會很享受這個過程
You know Daniel.
認識丹尼爾吧
I've asked him to help out with your treatment.
我請他協助我來治療你的病
He told me that he thinks you're a very good person,
他說,他認為你是個好人
and he would be honored to participate in anything
若能做點什么,幫你擺脫疾病的困擾
that might liberate you.
他將感到無比榮幸
Whatever you say, Doctor.
都聽你的,醫生
I want to do whatever works.
為了治病,我什么都可以做
Good.
很好
Let's get started, then. Daniel...
那我們就開始吧,丹尼爾...
We'll begin with very simple visual stimulation.
我們從簡單的視覺刺激開始
Daniel will take off his robe,
丹尼爾將脫掉他的長袍
and you will regard his physique.
你欣賞他的胴體
I'm sorry, but...
不好意思,但是...
I don't feel anything.
我一點感覺都沒有
That's okay.
沒關系
You're not gonna make him touch me, are you?
你不是要讓他摸我吧
Actually, I'm going to ask you...
實際上,我是要讓你...
to touch yourself.
自慰
Can you do that?
你能做到嗎
I don't know...
我不知道...
Try to focus on his genitals.
把精力都放在他的生殖器上
Good.
很好
Good, Lana. Now, take your other hand
很好,拉娜,伸出你的另外一只手
and place it on Daniel's member.
放在丹尼爾的小兄弟上
Good.
很好
Good. Now keep touching yourself
很好,繼續自慰
and try to relate the pleasure that you're feeling
試著把你的快感
to his tumescence.
跟他的膨脹聯系起來
You're doing good work, Lana.
你做得很好,拉娜
We're all rooting for you.
我們都在為你加油
Give me a few minutes!
再給我幾分鐘
Please just give me a few more seconds!
求你了,再給我幾秒鐘
I know I can do it!
我一定能做到
In a perfect world,
如果在平時
I would love to dive into talk therapy,
我會悉心鉆研談心療法
discover the root of your fixation,
找出你固戀的根源所在
but my expertise is telling me that
但我的經驗告訴我
aversion/conversion therapy won't work with you.
厭惡/轉換療法對你不起作用
Sister Jude, we need to talk.
裘德修女,我們得談一談
Yes, I agree.
我也正有此意
The police came to Briarcliff last night.
警察昨晚來荊棘崖了
It seems Dr. Arden solicited a...
奧爾頓醫生好像招了個...
a woman of the night.
女人來過夜
The young woman found Nazi souvenirs in his bedroom.
那個女的在他臥室找到了納粹紀念品
Are the police pursuing a case against him?
警察會對他立案嗎
No, I don't believe so, but...
我覺得不會,但是...
Sister, this obsession with Dr. Arden has to stop.
修女,對奧爾頓醫生的癡迷該停止了
But there's mounting evidence that this man is a war criminal.
但是有大量的證據顯示這人是個戰犯
Just a moment.
等一會兒
Where are you getting this information?
你從哪兒得到的這個信息
There is a patient who survived the death camps.
有個病人以前是死亡集中營里的
She remembers him.
她記得他
Which patient is this?
哪個病人
Her name is Anne.
她叫安妮
Anne who?
安妮什么
Anne Frank.
安妮·弗蘭克
I know it...
我知道...
I know how it sounds, but you...
我知道這聽起來像什么,但是你...
No, I really don't think you do.
我覺得你不知道
I saw a prison tattoo.
我看到了她監獄的紋身
She was in Auschwitz.
她曾經在奧斯威辛集中營待過
Where's she now, hiding in the attic?
她現在在哪兒,躲在閣樓里
You're so eager to believe any calumny,
你現在如此相信關于這個你鄙視的男人的
any vile thing said about this man you despise
任何誹謗,卑鄙的事情
that you're taking the word of an inmate in a mental ward.
你竟然相信精神病院里病人的話
Father, this isn't about me.
神父,這與我無關
I am trying to protect you, this institution, our dream!
我一直在試著保護你,這個機構,我們的夢想
You imperil the dream, Sister,
你差點破壞了這個夢想,修女
by refusing to face your own failures.
因為你不敢面對自己的失敗
You'd rather see Nazi war criminals in our midst
你寧愿看我們當中的納粹戰犯
than look in the mirror.
也不敢照鏡子看看自己
Or maybe this job is too much for you.
或許這個工作對你來說負擔太重了
No, this job means everything to me.
不,這個工作是我的一切
You know that.
你知道的
All I know is that you've been drinking again.
據我所知你又開始酗酒了
Several of our employees
我們幾個員工
witnessed you were a drunken fool
目睹了你逃跑夜那晚
on the night of the escape,
喝醉的蠢樣
slurring your words, almost slobbering
說話含含糊糊,在電影夜
during the introduction of the film from your movie night.
介紹電影的時候差點說錯話
Do you think alcohol has compromised
你認為是酒精影響了
your judgment in these matters?
你在這些事情上的判斷能力嗎
You don't need to answer now.
你現在不用回答
Reflect.
反省一下
Pray on it.
禱告一下
Hello.
你好
They're on to you, Arthur.
他們發現你了,亞瑟
If you have any housekeeping to take care of,
如果你還有什么家事需要處理
I suggest you do it now.
我建議你現在就做
Mother Superior, I have slipped.
院長大人,我最近身體不好
Oh, dear.
怎么了,親愛的
Pressures had mounted all around me,
我最近壓力很大
and then this Godforsaken storm.
加上這個該死的風暴
And somehow there was a carafe of communion wine left in my office.
然后我辦公室莫名其妙的出現一瓶圣餐酒
That's how God is. He loves to test us.
這就是上帝,他喜歡測試我們
Well, I failed.
我沒通過測試
And now he's giving you another opportunity.
現在他又重新給了你一次機會
God loves to see us triumph.
上帝喜歡看我們勝利的模樣
It gives him pleasure.
這使他快樂
Was your alcoholic transgression the only reason
你今天來找我懺悔只是因為
you sought my counsel today, my child?
你破酒戒了么,我的孩子
No, Mother.
不是的,嬤嬤
There's an employee of Briarcliff who I believe is a sadist
荊棘崖里有一名員工是虐待狂
and possibly a war criminal.
而且很有可能是名戰犯
Have you brought this to the attention of your monsignor?
你把情況向主教大人匯報了么
He has declined to pursue justice or action.
他拒絕尋求執法機關的幫助,不采取行動
The men of our church
我們教派的男人
your Monsignor Timothy, even the Holy Father himself,
你們的蒂莫西主教,甚至是上帝本身
by their very nature they react out of fear
當他們遇到棘手問題的時候
when confronted with tough questions.
會出現本能的恐懼反應
It's their instinct to protect themselves,
這是他們自我保護的本能反應
cover their mistakes.
來掩蓋他們的過失
Now, I'm familiar with somebody who may help you.
我相信一個可以幫助你的人
Oh, no, Mother, I cannot,
不,嬤嬤,不行
I will not go behind the back
我不能背叛
of the man who gave me my mission in life;
那個給予我人生使命
who believed in me; with whom I share a dream.
相信我并與我分享夢想的人
He is not who made you who you are, Jude.
裘德,他并沒有成就現在的你
You came to me a tortured woman,
你剛來時飽受折磨
ravaged by alcohol and guilt,
被酒精和罪惡摧殘
but you had a compass.
但你找到了人生的方向
That was your gift.
那是你的天賦
And God gave you that gift for a purpose.
上帝給你這種天賦是有目的的
Now he's put obstacles in your path,
現在他在你的人生道路上設置了障礙
and like all this debris after the storm,
就如同這些暴風雨后的碎片
it's up to you to make clear that path again.
你需要再次整理人生的道路
Kit?
基特
Kit, are you all right?
基特,你還好嗎
Did they... Cut my balls off?
他們... 閹了我嗎
Not yet.
還沒呢
I was so worried.
我好擔心
You are the only person I ever had a second thought about in this hellhole.
在這個鬼地方,你是我唯一掛念的人
Why'd you lie to me, Grace?
你為什么騙我,格蕾絲
There was no man named Red.
根本沒有叫瑞德的人
You killed your stepmother and then your father.
你先殺了你繼母,然后殺了你爸爸
What do you want?
你要怎樣
You want to hear me say I'm sorry for what I've done?
你要我對自己的行為感到懊悔嗎
I'm not sorry.
我一點都不懊悔
Tell me the truth!
告訴我事情的真相
I was so young when it started.
那時我還很年幼
My father would come into my room at night...
我爸會在晚上進入我的房間
and do things.
做一些事情
Sometimes I felt like I was in a dream,
有時候我感覺自己像在夢中一樣
watching him do it to a stranger,
看著他和別人做愛
or a corpse.
或者是死尸
I finally got the courage to tell my stepmother.
我終于鼓足勇氣告訴了我的繼母
She gave me candy to keep quiet.
她給我糖果讓我保持沉默
There was truth to the story I told before, Kit.
我之前說的都是真的,基特
I loved my horses.
我愛我的馬
They were my escape.
它們讓我感到解脫
I found out he sold them all.
我發現他把馬全都賣了
Patsy...
帕齊
That's when I woke up
到那時我才突然醒來
and saw my life for what it was.
看到我生活的模樣
And once I opened my eyes, there was no turning back.
我睜開雙眼,已經沒有回頭路了
Have I opened your eyes, Kit?
我是不是讓你很驚訝,基特
Are you repulsed by what I am?
你是不是覺得我很可恨
No.
不
I admire you.
我欽佩你的勇氣
I want to talk to you.
我要跟你談談
I haven't been able to sleep since you left my office.
你離開我辦公室后我無法入睡
I'm so sorry, Lana.
真的很抱歉,拉娜
I wish I had been a real help.
我希望我可以幫助你
I'm not an aversion therapy advocate,
我不提倡厭惡療法
but I thought it made sense in the moment.
但我那時以為可以治好你
Now I wish I'd spared you.
現在我只希望可以減輕你的痛苦
You tried.
你盡力了
I brought you this.
我給你帶來了這個
Thought you'd want it.
覺得你會需要
They'll never let me keep this.
他們絕不會讓我留著的
You only have to hide it until the end of the week.
這周末之前別讓他們發現就行了
I'm leaving here on Friday and I am taking you with me.
我周五離開這里,到時候帶你一起走
I don't know how yet, but...
目前還沒想到辦法,但是...
I will not leave you in this place, Lana.
我不會把你丟在這里的,拉娜
That's a promise.
我向你保證
I understand you want to confess.
我明白你想懺悔
I can only regard this as a ploy,
但鑒于這種情形
considering the circumstances.
我只能把它當成你的權宜之計
You were, after all, caught in the act.
畢竟,你們被抓了個現形
No, uh, Sister, this is, uh, this is not about Grace and me.
不,修女,我說的不是和格蕾絲的事
This is about my crimes.
是關于我的罪行
Your crimes.
你的罪行
Yeah.
是的
And I know I'm not a very religious man,
我知道我并不是一個虔誠的教徒
but I did go to Sunday School,
但我也念過主日學校
and I was taught that God sees everything.
他們說上帝知道所有的事
Is that true?
是真的嗎
It is. And He does.
是真的,他知道一切
Even if I might not remember
就連那些我可能做過
some terrible act that I might have committed?
卻不記得的殘忍行徑嗎
He knows, right?
他也知道,是嗎
God knows all.
上帝知曉一切
Well, then he knows...
那他知道...
if I murdered those women.
我是否殺了那些女人
He knows if I... if I did those horrle things.
他知道,我是否做了那些可怕的事
And he knows if I killed Alma.
他也知道,我是否殺了艾爾瑪
Did you?
是你殺的嗎
I must have.
我一定做了
I mean...
我是指
everyone's saying that I did.
所有人都說是我做的
And those creatures, the creatures,
而且那些怪物,那些怪物
they can't really exist.
它們不可能真實存在
I remember when I first showed up here,
我記得第一天來這里時
you said to me that, in order to find forgiveness,
你對我說過,想要獲得寬恕
that I had to...
我必須...
that I had to... that I had to admit to what I'd done.
我必須...必須承認自己犯下的罪行
Sister...
修女...
I need to be forgiven.
我想獲得寬恕
God forgives all who seek him.
上帝會寬恕所有追隨他的信徒
Then help me. Please.
那就幫幫我,求你了
Help me find God.
幫我找到上帝
I'll admit to everything that I've done.
我會向他懺悔我所有的罪行
My child, we're all sinners, every one of us.
我的孩子,我們都是罪人,每個人都是
But the things I've done, Sister...
但是我做過的事,修女...
That you can't recall.
你已經不記得了
Now, what have you been saying about me?
你一直在說我什么
The truth. I know who you are!
真相,我知道你是誰
You don't even know who you are.
你連自己是誰都不知道
Anne Frank?! She died!
安妮·弗蘭克,她死了
Or didn't you bother to read the book?
還是你連那本書都懶得讀
Your lies have caused me a great deal of embarrassment.
你的謊言讓我處境很難堪
What are you going to do to me?
你想對我怎么樣
The same things you did to those girls in Auschwitz? Huh?
像對奧斯威辛那些女孩一樣嗎
I was never in Auschwitz. I'm from Scottsdale!
我從沒去過奧斯威辛,我來自斯科茨代爾
Liar! I bet it looked a lot like this place!
你撒謊,我敢說那里跟這里一樣
You want to know what goes on in here?
你想知道在這里會怎么樣嗎
You're about to find out.
你馬上就會知道了
Where'd you get that?
你從哪里弄來的
I'm not the only one who's on to you.
我不是唯一一個懷疑你的人
Oh... oh, sorry.
真抱歉
Come on...
來吧...
now's the time.
現在是時候了
Confess, Hans Gruper.
承認吧,漢斯·高帕
Nazi piece of shit.
你這個納粹豬
What's that?
那是什么
Bitch! What is in that room?
婊子,那屋里有什么
Go to hell. I've been there.
下地獄吧,我已經去過了
Give me the key.
給我鑰匙
Give me the key!
把鑰匙給我
Want to lose another leg?
那條腿也不想要了嗎
Kill me.
殺了我吧