Previously on Elementary...
《福爾摩斯:演繹法》前情提要
You must be Andrew.
你一定是安德魯了
Sherlock Holmes.
我是夏洛克·福爾摩斯
Sorry.
抱歉
Joan said you were coming.
喬恩說過你要來
It's not how I wanted to meet you.
我可沒想以這種方式跟你見面
I think I'm gonna give it a go.
我想放手一試
What, you found your next business?
怎么,你找到新事業了嗎
Holmes puts me on an e-mail chain,
福爾摩斯把我添加進了一個郵件組
and 36 hours later, um...
三十六小時之后...
I've got a ticket to Copenhagen.
我收獲了一次去哥本哈根的機會
Kim, right?
是金嗎
Kim Holder.
金·侯德
So, how can I help you?
我能怎么幫助你
I'm looking for someone who does what you do.
我想找一個做你這行的人
A detective.
一名偵探
My sister, Jessica, she's missing.
我妹妹杰西卡·侯德,她失蹤了
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
很抱歉
Um, tell me more.
跟我說說詳情
Well, it's been five years since her disappearance.
她已經失蹤五年了
The anniversary just passed.
剛剛滿五年
Most days I feel like no one's even looking for her anymore.
多數時間我覺得,已經沒人在找她了
Would you like some tea?
想喝點茶嗎
So, tell me what happened.
跟我說說事情經過
I don't know.
我不知道
The last time anyone saw Jess was inside her apartment.
上次有人見到小杰,是在她公寓內
I, uh... I keep a file on it.
我把相關資料都存檔了
Do the police have any theories?
警方有得出什么結論嗎
Ugh, the police, the FBI, they've all got ideas.
警方,聯調局,他們都有不同結論
And how is the FBI involved?
為什么聯調局也參與調查了呢
There's a man in the New York office... Blake Tanner.
紐約辦公室有一個叫布萊克·坦納的人
He thinks Jess was abducted by a serial criminal.
他認為小杰是被連環殺手綁架了
This sounds strange, I know.
這聽起來很奇怪,我知道
But when Jess' roommate got home the night she disappeared,
但是小杰失蹤當晚,當她室友回到家時
there was a smell in the apartment.
在公寓內聞到了奇怪的味道
I-it smelled like something was baking.
像是在烘焙什么東西
Like nutmeg.
像是肉豆蔻的味道
The thing is-- over the years,
問題在于,這些年來
five other women have gone missing
共有五名女性失蹤
and never been heard from again,
之后均下落不明
and each time the place where they disappeared from,
而每一次她們失蹤的地點
it has the same smell.
都有相同的味道
Like nutmeg.
肉豆蔻的味道
Tanner thinks the same person took all six women.
坦納認為綁架這六名女性的是同一人
He calls the guy "Pumpkin."
他把這人叫做"南瓜"
Are there any suspects?
有嫌疑人嗎
Look, I'm a lawyer.
我是個律師
I've worked criminal cases.
我也打過刑事案
I-I know the odds aren't good here.
我知道希望不大
But...
但是
even if Jess is...
就算小杰
...gone,
真的不在了
I just want to know what happened to her.
我只想知道她到底經歷了什么
Hi, Watson.
你好啊,華生
Good morning, Kitty.
早,凱蒂
I don't know how you found me.
我不知道你怎么找到我的
I hope you're not following me again.
但希望你不是又跟蹤我了
No, I just know that you like
不,我只是知道
to come here to work sometimes.
你有時候喜歡來這里工作
You know, from when I was following you.
是我之前跟蹤你時知道的
You weren't home, so I came here.
你不在家,所以我就來這了
He wants to know what you're working on.
他想知道你在調查什么案子
Tell Sherlock I can't jump into anything with you right now.
告訴夏洛克,我現在不能協助你們查案
He's not looking for help, he wants to know
他不是尋求幫助,他想知道
if you got anything interesting going.
你手頭有沒有有趣的案件
Oh, so he's bored.
他是無聊了
I just took on a missing person's case.
我剛剛接了一件失蹤人口案
Could be a serial element.
也許有連環犯罪的成分
Do you mind if I...?
你介意我看看嗎
You're gonna text him the article?
你要把新聞稿發給他嗎
He said I was to forward him any particulars right away.
他讓我立即把任何相關信息發送給他
Good news-Sherlock says that he'll help.
好消息,夏洛克說他會幫忙
First step is to go to the FBI's New York field office
第一步是去聯調局紐約外勤辦公室
and get our hands on their profile.
拿到他們的案件卷宗
Okay, tell him that I didn't ask for help.
好,告訴他我并沒有尋求幫助
What'd he say?
他說什么
It's not my phone.
這不是我的手機
Behavioral Science Unit.
行為科學組
Even the name is pompous.
就連部門名字都很浮夸
Really don't know why I subject myself to these people.
真不知道我為什么要屈尊見這些人
Nobody is "subjecting" you to anything.
沒人讓你"屈尊"做任何事
You butted in.
你自己非要來的
That's the fourth time you've looked at your phone
這是我們坐下之后
since we've sat down.
你第四次看手機了
You expecting some news?
在等消息嗎
No, Andrew and I just got cut off earlier.
不,之前安德魯和我的通話突然斷了
Just checking to see if he called.
想看看他有沒有打來
You're frustrated.
你很沮喪
It's difficult to maintain what has become
維系一段大部分時間都異地的關系
largely a long-distance relationship.
很困難
So, it's natural to wonder whether the difficulty
所以想想這溝通障礙到底是分離的癥狀
in communicating is a symptom of being apart
還是你們本來就有的
or whether it's the disease itself.
也很正常
What? I didn't say that.
什么,我可沒這么說
Not with words.
你嘴上是沒說
You the PIs?
你們就是那些私家偵探嗎
Detectives, yes.
是偵探
Blake Tanner, right this way.
我是布萊克·坦納,這邊請
I've only got a couple of minutes.
我只有幾分鐘時間
So, you consult with the NYPD,
所以,你們是紐約警局的顧問
but your interest in this is private?
但卻是以私人名義調查此案
That's right.
沒錯
We were hired by one of the relatives
雇我們的人有一名親屬
of the potential victims...
也許是被害人
Victims, full stop.
就是被害人
Nothing "potential" about it.
沒什么"也許"不"也許"的
I'm sure you're right.
肯定如你所說
S-sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打擾您
Agent Tanner, would you mind if I took some of your stationary?
坦納探員,你不介意我用你幾張便簽吧
Go right ahead.
拿吧
Thank you.
謝謝
We're not looking to second-guess anyone;
我們并不是質疑你的判斷
we just want to take a look at your profile.
我們就是想看看卷宗
S-sometimes it can be useful to get a set of fresh eyes.
有時候,有個局外人看看也許大有裨益
No offense, but we're not hunting squirrels here.
恕我冒昧說一句,但我們不是在捕松鼠
Pumpkin is big game.
"南瓜"名聲在外
He's been active for ten years,
他已經活動了十年
hasn't left a hint of evidence behind.
從沒留下任何線索
Just the olfactory signature.
只有那氣味特征
Something funny?
有什么好笑的嗎
No, sorry.
沒有,抱歉
It's just "Olfactory signature"
只不過"氣味特征"還真是
struck me as an ornate way to say "The smell of nutmeg."
"肉豆蔻味道"的做作表述呢
The official policy of the Bureau is not to share
聯調局的政策規定
information with private investigators.
不能與私家偵探分享信息
We understand, we just want to help.
我們理解,我們只是想幫忙
That's fine, Watson.
沒事,華生
I don't think we need to take up much more
我認為我們不必占用
of this special agent's time-- he's got big game to catch.
這位特別探員更多的時間了,他可要追捕巨惡
Thank you.
謝謝
Why did you do that?
你為什么那么做
He was just about to give us the file.
他馬上就要給我們卷宗了
Eh, you overestimate your charms.
你高估自己的魅力了
Blake Tanner is both arrogant and a fool.
布萊克·泰納是個傲慢的蠢貨
He's never gonna share his work with us.
他絕對不會和我們分享他的成果
I decided within moments of meeting him
見到他的一瞬間
to pursue the profile by alternative means.
我就決定另辟蹊徑獲取卷宗了
He is clearly a bully and a petty tyrant.
他很明顯是個惡霸,還是個小氣的暴君
And I suspect he's also a credit-hog.
而且我覺得他竊取了他人的勞動成果
I noted the way his colleagues were looking at him
當他帶我們去后面辦公室時
as he escorted us to his back office.
我注意到了他同事看他的眼神
There was no shortage of contempt,
飽含輕蔑
so I wrote short notes to a few of them.
所以,我給他們中的一些人留了便條
And I'm quite confident that one of them will relish the chance
我很確定他們中會有人珍惜這次機會
to share the profile behind his back.
私下和我們分享卷宗的
See? Got a copy already.
看到沒,已經有一份副本了
What?!
什么
Two, actually.
實際上,有兩份了
Make that three.
現在有三份了
Wait, is that the profile?
慢著,這就是那側寫嗎
You're scrolling too fast.
你翻得太快了
I'm speed-reading; you moved out
我在速讀,在我為你進行
before we got to that portion of your training.
這一部分訓練之前,你就搬了出去
Wonderful.
太好了
This should give us a good start.
這是個好的開始
Is there something helpful in there?
里面有有用的信息嗎
The report is full of sophistry
這份報告滿是各式各樣的
and various instances of tautological thinking
冗長繁復的猜想
and is generally plagued by the kind of laziness and intellectual vanity
并充滿了側寫師天生就有的懶惰
which is native to the profiler profession.
和智慧上的虛榮
So, why do you say it's a good start?
那你為什么說是個好的開始
'Cause even a cursory glance at this document has convinced me
因為草草地掃了這份報告一眼
that there's no such person as "Pumpkin."
我就知道根本沒有所謂"南瓜"這號人
He's a construct of Blake Tanner's mind.
他僅存于布萊克·坦納的想象當中
A product of a profession which is trained
是專職在暗處四處搜尋妖怪的人
to look for bogeymen in every dark corner.
自己創造出來的產物
No, it's clear to me
所以現在我很清楚
that each of the abductees attributed to Pumpkin
所謂被"南瓜"綁架走的被害人
was in fact taken by different people.
其實是被不同的人綁走的
The crimes aren't connected.
這些案件不是互相聯系的
What about the olfactory signature?
那所謂的氣味特征呢
I can't explain the nutmeg.
我沒辦法解釋肉豆蔻味道
Not yet, but I do know
現在還不能,但我確實知道
that Blake Tanner has seized on one detail
布萊克·坦納抓住這一個細節不放
to form a link and then woven a web of tortured psychology
就為了創造聯系,構架出詭異的心理聯系
in an effort to connect seven crimes
然后將七件案件聯系在一起
which are, in fact, quite separate.
但實際上這些案件是獨立存在的
We're gonna discover what really happened to Jessica Holder.
我們要找出發生在杰西卡·侯德身上的真相
And then, just for sport,
然后,作為娛樂
we're going to explain the nutmeg connection.
我們會解開肉豆蔻之謎
And then we're gonna prove to anyone who cares to listen
再然后我們會告知所有想知道真相的人
that Blake Tanner has been a fool these past five years.
五年來布萊克·坦納都在犯傻
Have you considered correspondence?
你有想過通信嗎
To alleviate your frustrations with Andrew.
可以減輕你因安德魯產生的挫敗感
I recommend proper correspondence.
我推薦適當的通信
Handwritten letters,
手寫信件
informed by deliberate and careful thought.
經過深思熟慮之后的信件
It really is the most direct route
確實是有意義溝通的
to meaningful communication.
最直接方式
I don't have frustrations that need alleviating.
我不需要減輕什么挫敗感
Andrew and I just had a hard time
安德魯和我就是今天早上
connecting this morning, that's all.
沒有連上線而已
Please don't tell me you have another insight
拜托別告訴我你又有關于
about my relationship.
我感情關系的見解了
I'm looking through this box of Jessica Holder's belongings.
我在檢查這一盒杰西卡·侯德的所有物
She really is a very organized person.
她絕對是一個非常井井有條的人
Even the keychain is meticulously arranged.
就連鑰匙鏈都被精心打理過
Each one is labeled.
每一把鑰匙都有標簽
And here we have three keys of the exact same make and model.
但是我們有三把一樣型號的鑰匙
What does that indicate to you?
你覺得這說明了什么
My apartment keys look identical.
我公寓的鑰匙看起來就完全一樣
Precisely.
對了
So, if you're like most people,
所以,如果你和絕大多數人一樣
you've got one key for your apartment building,
有一把公寓大樓門的鑰匙
one key for your apartment proper.
還有一把是開公寓房門的
That's two; she has three identical keys.
那就只有兩把,但她有三把一樣的鑰匙
This one is labeled "A," probably apartment building.
這把寫著"公寓" 也許是公寓樓鑰匙
"FD," front door.
"前門" 代表前門鑰匙
This one has no label-- wonder what it opens.
這把沒標簽,會是開哪里的鑰匙呢
We need to go to Jessica Holder's apartment building
我們得去趟杰西卡·侯德的公寓大樓
and try every lock until we find what this opens
挨個門試,直到找出這把鑰匙開哪個門
and then divine her connection to whatever's inside.
然后推斷出她與門后事物之間的聯系
Let me know when you've got it sorted.
找出來以后通知我
What, you're not coming?
怎么,你不來嗎
I'm here to offer help,
我是來提供幫助的
but trying one key in an ocean of doors,
但拿把鑰匙在整幢樓里挨個試鎖
that's scut work.
這種粗活不適合我
No, my spirit of volunteerism is not without its limits.
對我來說,志愿服務也是有界限的
No luck on the fifth floor.
五樓都試過了,都開不了
What are you humming?
你哼的是什么曲子
Beethoven's Sixth.
貝多芬第六交響曲
Clarinet part.
單簧管奏樂
I would not have pegged you as a classical music fan.
想不到你喜歡古典音樂
My dad was the fan.
是我爸爸喜歡
Which meant I practiced four hours every day.
所以我以前每天都得練習四個小時
You still play?
現在還吹嗎
He sold my clarinet when I turned down a place
在我拒絕上皇家音樂學院以后
at the Royal Academy of Music.
他就把我的單簧管給賣了
Hello?
有人嗎
Middle-aged couple with a kid in college.
中年夫婦,孩子在上大學
Looks like one of them's a lawyer.
看來夫婦中有一位是律師
Probably him; he looks boring.
也許是丈夫,他看起來很無趣
Liz, I'm home.
莉茲,我回來了
Your wife's not here, Mr. Kramer.
你妻子不在,克萊默先生
Who the hell are you?
你們又是誰
We're looking into the disappearance of Jessica Holder.
我們在調查杰西卡·侯德的失蹤案
How did you get in here?
你們怎么進來的
This key, from Jessica's key ring.
用杰西卡鑰匙串上的這把鑰匙開的門
Now, why did Jessica have a key to your apartment?
為什么杰西卡會有你公寓的鑰匙
I'm calling the police.
我要報警了
I wouldn't do that.
最好不要
You're a defense lawyer.
你是名辯護律師
We know because we had a look around.
我們四處看了看,所以知道
You have had some shady clients over the years.
這些年來你接了不少見不得光的客戶
We found some papers locked in your closet.
我們找到了一些你鎖起來的文件
Something about a criminal negligence case.
關于一件過失犯罪的案子
Is there any reason you kept those hidden
為什么你要將它們藏起來
instead of turning them over for discovery?
而不是移交法院作為證據呢
So tell us about your relationship with Jessica.
跟我們說說你和杰西卡的關系吧
I didn't want to have an affair.
我不想搞婚外情
Not again.
不想繼續了
Jessica was right downstairs.
杰西卡就住在樓下
She was a sweet kid.
她甜美可人
Did you kill her?
你殺了她嗎
Of course not.
當然沒有
Jessica disappeared in, what,
杰西卡什么時候失蹤的來著
October that year?
那年的十月嗎
October 17.
十月十七號
I was out of state that whole fall.
那年秋天我不在這里
I worked a class-action thing in Oregon.
我在俄勒岡州有一宗集體訴訟案
I can show you my tax returns for the receipts from that year.
你們可以看我那一年的報稅表收據
If you do find out what happened to Jess,
如果你們查出小杰到底發生了什么事
let me know, please.
請一定通知我
I miss her.
我很想她
We've got a 10-95 at...
發現一名行人在...
Ms. Hudson.
哈德森女士
What are you doing here?
你怎么在這兒
Hi.
你好
Um, Sherlock asked me to keep an ear on the police scanner
夏洛克讓我注意聽警用電臺
and tell him if anybody mentions the word "nutmeg."
要是有人提到"肉豆蔻"就通知他
So you're on nutmeg duty?
所以你負責"聽肉豆蔻"這活兒
Not strictly nutmeg duty.
不僅僅是"聽肉豆蔻"
We are casting a wide net.
我們擴大了范圍
I've asked Ms. Hudson to notify me
我讓哈德森女士聽到
if she hears any mention of the aroma of pumpkin pie
任何關于犯罪現場出現南瓜餡餅香味
at a crime scene or any reference at all to the scent of baking.
或是類似烘烤香味的信息都通知我
You really expect the police to smell nutmeg?
你還真指望警察能聞出肉豆蔻的味道嗎
I expect nothing, which is why
我什么都不指望
I'm such an exceptional detective.
所以我才不愧為一名超凡的偵探
I don't know why the aroma has been present
我不知道為何這六個不相關的犯罪現場
at six separate crime scenes.
都會出現這種氣味
I also don't know that those six are the only scenes
我也不知道是只有這六個案發現場
which have smelled of baked goods.
有這種食物烘烤后的香味
Those are just the ones that Blake Tanner
還是這些只是被布萊克·坦納歸到
has lumped into his specious "Pumpkin Case."
他認為可疑的"南瓜案件"中的
But I am curious.
但我很好奇
It's a detail I'd like to reconcile.
我想確認這個細節
So Kitty's gonna look through old records,
所以凱蒂會翻查舊檔案
see if she can find any additional references to the smell,
看能否找到其他提到氣味的資料
while Ms. Hudson keeps an ear out for new appearances.
而哈德森女士則會仔細聆聽相關用詞
Seems like we're all set on the nutmeg front.
看來我們都開始從肉豆蔻著手了
And the disappearance of Jessica Holder?
那杰西卡·侯德的失蹤案怎么辦
Well, that's your territory.
那是你負責的部分
With my assistance, of course.
當然我會協助你的
Strictly on a voluntary basis.
僅限于志愿服務的程度
The defense attorney's alibi is sound,
辯護律師的不在場證據屬實
so it seems to me your next step
所以我認為你的下一步
should be to look through Jessica's belongings.
應該是檢查杰西卡的所有物品
Why don't you start with her laptop?
不如從她的電腦開始
Let me know if you find anything interesting.
有什么發現通知我
You know what? I'm not into this whole voluntary thing.
聽著,什么志愿服務的聽著我很鬧心
You're either working the case with me or not.
這件案子,你要么跟我合作要么走人
We'll divide up the box.
我們把物品分一下
You take the laptop.
你來查她的電腦
Let me know if you find anything interesting.
有什么發現通知我
Joan?
喬恩
Chris.
克里斯
Hi.
你好
Well, it's been...
我們有好些日子...
forever.
沒見了
You look great.
你氣色真不錯
Thanks. You, too.
謝謝,你也是
Um, are you still practicing at White Peaks?
你還在白峰事務所工作嗎
15 years. I'm an old man now.
工作了十五年,我都變成老頭子了
I heard you're a private investigator?
聽說你干起私家偵探了
Yes.
是的
That's why I'm lingering outside your building.
所以我才在你的住處外轉悠
I've got a problem.
我遇到麻煩了
Oh, nothing serious, I hope.
希望不是什么大麻煩
Not really. Someone stole my I.D.,
倒不是,有人盜用了我的身份
my medical I.D., actually.
其實是我的醫保身份
I didn't even know it happened
本來我都不知道
until I went in for a physical, and the doctor
直到我去做身體檢查
had the wrong blood type on file.
發現表單上的血型不是我的
Sometimes this stuff is hooked into a bigger scam.
這樣的事一般背后都有一個更大的陰謀
I thought if you had some time, maybe you can,
我想你要是有時間,也許你能
you know, figure things out?
能幫我查一下
I-I'd pay you your fee.
我會付錢的
Oh, no, no, don't worry about that.
不,不,沒必要
You know, I'm a little busy right now,
我現在有些忙
but I can get someone else started on it,
但我可以先叫別人幫你查
and then I'll jump on when I'm free.
等我忙完再接手
You won't take any money?
你不收錢嗎
No, no, don't be silly.
不,不,別傻了
You're a friend.
你是我朋友
It's really good to see you again.
很高興再見到你
So, what are we doing at Sing Sing?
我們來新新監獄干什么
All things in good time, Watson.
及時行事,不留遺憾,華生
Did you ask Kitty to look into the medical history
你讓凱蒂調查克里斯托弗·桑托斯
of a man named Christopher Santos?
這個人的病史嗎
It's a favor; he's a friend.
幫朋友一個忙而已
We're busy, so I thought she could look around.
我們都很忙,所以我讓她查查看
You've engaged in horizontal refreshment with this man?
你和這個男人有身體交融嗎
We dated for two years.
我們交往過兩年
He bought me an engagement ring, so yes,
他給我買了婚戒,所以,是的
we engaged in horizontal refreshment.
我們有過身體交融
Does that matter?
有什么關系嗎
You turned down his proposal.
你拒絕了他的求婚
That's interesting.
有點意思
What are we doing at Sing Sing?
我們來新新監獄干什么
I spent quite a bit of time with Jessica Holder's laptop last night.
我昨晚研究了很久杰西卡·侯德的電腦
She had a rather interesting text file
她在一個名為"十一月賬單"的文件夾下
hidden away in a folder titled "November's Bills."
隱藏了一個相當有趣的文本文檔
Her lover,
她的情人
Noah Kramer,
諾亞·克萊默
represented a rather notorious drug trafficker.
當時為一個聲名狼藉的毒梟打官司
Raymond Carpenter.
雷蒙德·卡朋特
I know that name.
我熟悉這名字
Apparently,
很顯然
Kramer divulged to Jessica
克萊默向杰西卡吐露
that his client was guilty of several murders.
他的委托人是幾宗殺人案的主犯
Jessica could not live with what she knew.
知道此事后,杰西卡過不了良心這關
She details her plans to come forward in the document.
她在文件中詳述了她打算告發此事
But disappeared before she could.
但在告發前,她就失蹤了
I wonder, did Kramer glean his girlfriend's plan
我懷疑,克萊默知道了他女友的計劃
and then pass a warning on to his client?
然后向他的委托人報信
So you think Carpenter had Holder killed.
所以你認為是卡朋特讓人殺了侯德
That's an interesting theory.
這理論有點意思
Raymond Carpenter is doing hard time here
雷蒙德·卡朋特在這里服重刑
for an unrelated matter.
罪名與此事不相干
I thought we might have a word.
我想也許能跟他談談
So, I'm sorry,
不好意思
you came here hoping I'd just tell you
你跑過來指望我會跟你說
I killed someone named Jessica Holder?
我殺了一個叫杰西卡·侯德的人嗎
It's not an entirely outlandish request.
這個請求也沒那么荒誕
You're serving life in prison with no chance of parole.
你都被判終生監禁了,還不能假釋
Things can't get any worse for you.
就算認罪,也壞不到哪去
And if there's anything you covet here in prison,
如果你在監獄里需要點什么
one phone call from our colleague, Captain Gregson at the NYPD,
我同事紐約警局的格雷森警監打一通電話
could go a very long way.
能起到很大作用
You'd be giving closure
若這對你有些意義
to Jessica Holder's family also, if that means anything to you.
你能幫杰西卡·侯德家人解開多年的心結
There's an inmate greens crew here.
監獄里有一群做環保的囚犯
I've been trying to get on it for years,
我想加入他們好多年了
but the Dominicans have got it wired.
但多米尼加人把那塊包了
That's what you want?
這就是你想要的
A chance to plant flowers?
種植花花草草的機會嗎
They get to go outside.
他們能到外面去
A lot.
經常出去
Well, one phone call from our Captain Gregson,
只要我給格雷森警監打一通電話
and you'll be gardening amongst Dominicans in no time.
你就馬上能加入多米尼加人去種植花草了
Kramer tipped me off.
是克萊默跟我報的信
I had the girl taken care of.
我把那個女孩處理掉了
I don't know where she is, though.
不過我不知道她在哪兒
I outsourced the job.
我雇人替我做的
Where can we find the killer?
上哪兒能找到殺手
He's named Danny Tacelli.
他叫丹尼·塔切利
Last I heard,
我上次聽說
certain parts of him were floating in the East River,
他的一些殘肢漂浮在東河之上
certain parts were in the Hudson.
還有一些在哈德遜河上
Did you tell Kramer what you did?
這事你跟克萊默說過嗎
Not in so many words,
沒怎么說
but, I mean, the guy knew.
但是,他肯定想到了
Soon as he tipped me off,
在他向我報信后
he issued that girl a death sentence.
他就是把那女孩推到了死亡的深淵
So now what?
現在是怎樣
Noah Kramer just gets away with what he did?
就這么讓諾亞·克萊默逃脫了嗎
I suppose a zealous prosecutor could try to make a case.
我想一個熱心的檢察官會試著立案的
But there are alternative means of punishment.
但懲罰他們的方式還有很多種
I still maintain contact to some of your tabloids.
我仍然和你的幾個八卦小報保持著聯系
"Married Attorney Betrays Mistress
"已婚律師將情婦
to Murderous Client."
出賣給殘忍的當事人
We've solved the problem that you were hired to address,
我們已經解決了你委托人的案件
but we might still have work to do.
但我們可能還有工作要做
We've had a spot of good luck.
我們交上了一點好運
Ms. Hudson texted.
哈德森女士發來短信
Apparently, the custodian of a Harlem band shell
哈萊姆露天舞臺的管理人
arrived at work this morning to find that his structure
今早上班的時候發現他工作的地方
had been marked up with bullet holes overnight.
昨晚被人打滿了彈孔
And how is that good luck?
這算什么好運
Custodian told police that the area
管理人告訴警方
smelled very strongly of nutmeg.
那里留有強烈的肉豆蔻氣味
Those bullet holes weren't here yesterday.
昨天這里還沒有這些彈孔
This place is pretty much
到了晚上,這里基本上
an open-air drug market after hours.
就是一個露天的毒品交易市場
Guess it was some kind of deal
昨晚似乎是
gone wrong last night.
某個交易出了岔子
Let me know if you need anything.
有什么需要就通知我
Thank you.
謝謝
Yeah, smells like nutmeg.
確實有肉豆蔻的氣味
But does it smell only of nutmeg?
但是否只有肉豆蔻呢
We need to plumb every nuance
我們得分辨出這個氣味里的
on this aroma,
每種成分
and for that we will need The Nose.
為此我們需要用到"鼻子"
What nose? Your nose?
什么鼻子,你的鼻子嗎
The Nose.
我叫他"鼻子"
He's an irregular
我有時
I've used from time to time.
會找他幫忙
His sense of smell outpaces even my own.
他的嗅覺甚至比我還要靈敏
Does he have a real name?
他有真名嗎
I don't know. I've never asked him.
不知道,從沒問過
How do two adults have a relationship
你居然只把他叫做"鼻子"
where one never calls the other anything but The Nose?
那你們兩個成年人是如何保持合作的
If you must know his real name, you can ask him yourself.
如果你真想知道他的真名,可以自己問他
I suppose I should be grateful,
我想我應該表示感激
Holmes.
福爾摩斯
Usually when you ask for my help,
通常你需要我幫助的時候
there's a decomposing body somewhere nearby.
附近總是會有一具正在腐爛的尸體
Hi, I'm Joan Watson.
你好,我是喬恩·華生
Excuse the potpourri bag.
請別介意我的百花香袋
I need coffee beans when I'm out and about.
外出時我需要經常聞咖啡豆的味道
This city can be an assault on the senses.
這座城市總是充滿了異味
You said something about nutmeg?
你剛才提到了肉豆蔻
Is this the spot?
就是這里嗎
The nutmeg is dominant, yes,
確實是以肉豆蔻的氣味為主
but it's the olfactory equivalent
但這種氣味就像是
of a burlesque dancer.
嗅覺中的脫衣舞娘
The pretty lady in the spotlight,
聚光燈下的漂亮姑娘
meant to distract you from everything else
意圖轉移你的注意力
that's going on.
讓你察覺不到別的東西
What else?
還有什么
Chemicals.
化學品
Uh, hints of... bleach.
一絲漂白劑的氣味
Something metallic.
還有些金屬
Oh, there's one note that's stronger
其中一種氣味
than the rest.
蓋過了其他的
Sodium hydroxide.
氫氧化鈉
A powerful base otherwise known as caustic soda.
一種強堿,又稱苛性鈉
Suitable for the melting of murdered bodies.
很適合用來溶解尸體
Jessica Holder's murder is connected
杰西卡·侯德的謀殺案
to what happened here, just as it's connected
和這里發生的事有關聯
to every other disappearance attributed
正如它和其他歸檔于南瓜名下的謀殺案
to Pumpkin.
有關聯一樣
The man who killed Jessica Holder
謀殺杰西卡·侯德的人
isn't responsible for this; he's dead.
并不是這起案件的兇手,他已經死了
And I thought you said there was no serial element.
而且你也說過這并非連環殺人案
There isn't.
確實不是
There are many different murders committed
不同的兇手
by many different killers,
殺害各自的被害人
but one man, the inventor of this nutmeg concoction,
但有一個人,就是這個肉豆蔻混合劑的發明者
was brought in to clean up the mess every time.
每次會來清理犯罪現場
The crimes aren't connected by a common killer.
聯系起這些案件的并非同一個殺手
They're connected by a common cleaner.
而是同一個清理工
So somebody commits a murder, and you think there's a guy
所以有人殺了人,而你認為
out there that they can call to clean it up?
某個人會專門提供清理現場的服務
We have professional crime scene cleaners
我們有執法部門的
on our side of the law.
專業犯罪現場清理人員
Surely there'd be a thriving market
同樣,非法清理犯罪現場
for an illicit one.
也會很有市場
How do the killers find him?
那些兇手是怎么找到他的呢
What does he got, a Yelp page?
難道用搜索網站嗎
Well, obviously he or she--
顯然,這個男人或者女人
Watson, I would never suggest
華生,我從沒說過
that a woman cannot melt corpses--
女人無法溶解尸體
he relies on word of mouth.
通過大家的口耳相傳
I would wager that most of the work comes from organized crime.
我猜他的大部分工作來自有組織犯罪集團
People for whom homicide is a semi-regular occurrence.
對他們來說謀殺是家常便飯
Our cleaner has invented a solution which,
我想,這個清理工發明了
as far as I can tell, cleans crime scenes
一種解決方案來清理犯罪現場
and dissolves any inconvenient dead people.
并溶解掉所有可能的尸體
That's where the smell comes from?
所以才會有氣味嗎
The spice conceals the harsher odors underneath.
這種香料掩蓋了其他的刺鼻氣味
It's a nutmeg concoction suitable for erasing
這是種肉豆蔻混合劑
any and all signs of murder.
用來掩蓋一切犯罪痕跡
Nutmeg concoction sounds like something
肉豆蔻混合劑聽上去
my aunt would give me for Christmas.
像是我姑媽會給我的圣誕節禮物
Well, be thankful she didn't, 'cause you would
幸好她沒有,不然你就會
have dissolved from the inside out.
從里到外全部溶解
You see the opportunity we have here?
你們看到我們的機遇所在了嗎
The FBI profiler has unwittingly linked
那個聯調局的側寫師不經意間
our cleaner to six separate murders,
把這個清理工和其它六起謀殺聯系了起來
but that could be just the tip of the iceberg.
但那可能只是冰山一角
He could be connected to dozens,
他可能和幾十起
maybe hundreds of crimes.
甚至上百起案件有關
Imagine the information he could provide.
想象一下他所能給我們提供的信息
If he exists, how do we find him?
如果他真的存在,我們要怎么找到他呢
We'll canvass contractors
我們可以排查
who hire out for crime scene cleaning
受雇清理犯罪現場的承包商
and check with schools that issue special certificates
并與頒發處理生化廢料資格證的學校
in disposing biohazardous waste.
進行比對
Is there something wrong with that plan?
這個計劃有什么問題嗎
No, perfectly sensible. I just...
不,完全合理,我只是...
It sounds a bit... dull.
聽上去有些...無聊
Oh. Where would you start?
那你會怎么辦
Oh, my god!
我的天吶
What are you doing?
你們在干什么
Hello, Watson.
你好,華生
I figured out who stole your friend's identity.
我找到了盜用你朋友身份的人
It's in a file on the desk.
在桌上的文件夾里
Please stop talking. You're jostling the wound.
別說話,你會擠壓到傷口的
And I'd like the pigs' blood to coagulate a little bit.
我希望豬血能稍稍凝結
I'm taking out a wanted ad of sorts.
我準備打出一個分類廣告
We theorized that our cleaner
我們認為這個清理工
works mostly by word of mouth, but what if he has
主要通過口耳相傳接活,但如果
an alternative means of finding work?
他還有其他的接活方式呢
Some other way to pay the bills when career criminals
在職業罪犯彼此火拼的效率并不高時
aren't murdering each other in sufficient quantity.
也許他還有其他的辦法
You've heard of the dark internet, I assume?
你聽說過暗網,對嗎
Yeah, web sites that are not visible to search engines.
是的,那些網址是搜索引擎搜索不到的
People buy drugs there.
人們在上面買毒品
Didn't the FBI shut it down?
聯調局不是將它關閉了嗎
They shut down a site called the Silk Road.
他們關閉的網站叫絲綢之路
But others have popped up in its place.
但其他的網站取而代之
And narcotics are not the only product bought and sold
而在暗網上
on the dark internet.
并非只有毒品的買賣
Contracts for assassinations have been consummated there.
上面也有雇兇殺人的生意
Humans sold to the highest bidder.
人命待價而沽
I am going to post photographs of Kitty
我準備在上面張貼
in her current state, and then claim to be
此時凱蒂的照片,并聲稱
a desperate man who's committed a crime of passion.
自己是一位犯下了激情犯罪的絕望男士
And hopefully our cleaner gets in touch with you.
希望這個清潔工會和你取得聯系
Oh, yeah. Have fun with that.
好了,玩得開心
You're not gonna stay?
你不留下來嗎
Any luck, we'll have our man by morning.
如果運氣好,我們明早就能聯系到他
I think I'll just stick to the dull stuff.
我還是繼續用我的無聊方法吧
Thanks for your help, Kitty.
謝謝幫忙,凱蒂
Welcome.
不用謝
Pigs' blood, please!
豬血,當心
That's the guy who stole my medical I.D.?
就是他偷了我的醫保身份嗎
My colleague had a contact run this
我的同事找人用面部識別軟件
through facial recognition software.
進行了比對
This guy is all over social media.
他特別喜歡用社交網絡
His name is Ermel Janic.
他叫埃梅爾·詹內克
Wow. You work fast.
你效率真高
Well, you can take all this to the police.
你可以拿著這些去找警察
Hopefully, it will help clear some things up
希望這會幫助你
with your insurance.
澄清保險方面的事情
But you should check all your records.
但你應該檢查一下所有的記錄
Make sure he didn't change anything else.
確保他沒有改其他內容
Thanks so much for doing this.
謝謝你為我做的這些
You were always efficient when we were together,
我們在一起時你就很有效率
but it looks like you found another gear.
現在似乎又更進一步了
You always had a very interesting way
你之前總是用一種非常有趣的方式
of describing my Type A tendencies.
來形容我的A型性格
Uh, now, I cringe when I think about how immature I was.
我只要想到自己之前有多幼稚就會感到難堪
I'm not sure there's a statute of limitation
我不知道道歉有沒有法律時效
on apologies, but I'm sorry.
但是我真的很抱歉
I had a lot to learn about accepting people
我之前并不懂得
for who they are.
如何去接受他人
Did you?
那現在呢
Learn?
學會了嗎
I had to.
我別無選擇
Next time someone great comes along,
要是下次再遇到好緣分
I'd like to be better...
我希望自己
husband material.
更能勝任丈夫這個角色
Thanks.
謝謝
It's great seeing you again, Joan.
見到你真好,喬恩
What tedium is this?
這是有多枯燥
Oh, I stopped by the Spaulding
我今早去了
Technical Institute this morning.
史波丁技術學院
Did you know that they issue more crime scene
你知道他們頒發的犯罪現場清理資格證
cleaning certificates than anyone in New York?
是紐約最多的嗎
They agreed to let us go through their records.
他們同意讓我們翻看記錄
Hoping the few apparent sociopaths
希望幾個顯而易見的變態
would leap out of the pile?
會被你抓個正著嗎
Yes.
沒錯
You ought to make a case
你應該立案
against whoever acquired this mural.
追查擁有這幅壁畫的人
You can't learn a trade with that
這么惡心的畫就在掛你身邊
abomination looming over you, can you?
你還能指望學到什么,你說是吧
I'm surprised you even came down here.
我很驚訝你會到這兒來
I thought this stuff was too boring for you.
我還以為這些東西對你來說太無聊了
After the events of last night,
經過昨晚的事件之后
I could use the calm that a dose
我需要一些日常的苦差事
of routine drudgery provides.
換取些許寧靜
What happened last night?
昨晚發生了什么
Well, we had what I considered to be
我們收到了一個
a promising response to my ad.
我覺得非常有戲的回復
So, photographs of the supposed mayhem were provided,
我們提供了所謂的謀殺照片
a meeting was set, it was all going rather well
商定了會面,一切都進行得很順利
until the man revealed himself
直到那個人亮明了身份
to be an undercover police officer.
原來是一位臥底警官
There was a bit of confusion and some waving of guns.
場面略有失控,還有人揮舞著槍
Did you get arrested?
你被捕了嗎
The appearance of a living Kitty did help my cause.
凱蒂活生生的樣子證實了我的解釋
And the phone call to captain Gregson
給格雷森警監的電話
secured my release.
確保我被放出來
I still maintain that it was a sound tactic;
我依然認為那是個好點子
You can't judge an idea just
你不能僅僅通過結果
by the results it provides, so...
來判斷點子的好壞,所以...
Oh, damn.
該死
Must I draw it out of you?
需要我逼你說出來嗎
I met with my client last night. We talked.
我昨晚和客戶見面了,我們談了談
He got the wrong impression.
他會錯意了
He asked me out for a date.
想要和我約會
Did you mention that you were otherwise involved?
你沒說你已經另有所屬了嗎
No, it didn't come up... naturally.
沒提起來,自然如此
What do you mean "naturally"?
什么叫"自然如此"
I mean, given your history,
我是說,根據你以往的表現
It's hardly surprising you've allowed this
你讓這種事情發生在
to happen at the very same moment
你與安德魯關系緊張
that your relationship with Andrew requires tending, effort.
需要努力的時候,太正常不過了
Naturally, you've opened yourself up
自然的,你放開自我
to other opportunities.
尋找其他機會
Much like a female baboon broadcasts
就像是女狒狒公開袒露
her readiness with inflated genitals.
她腫脹的生殖器
You, Watson,
你,華生
are something of a romantic terrorist.
是某種浪漫關系的恐怖分子
"Romantic terrorist."
浪漫關系的恐怖分子
Your upbringing pushes you towards
你受的教育讓你期望
a conventional relationship.
一份穩定的關系
But your eccentric nature is repulsed
但是你古怪的本性卻
by the reality of such arrangements.
對這類關系產生反抗
That's why you find yourself drawn to unsuitable partners.
所以你才會發現自己總被不穩定的人吸引
People like my brother.
就像我哥哥
Of course, chance will occasionally
當然,運氣好的話
see to it that you do find an appropriate match.
你總會找到一個合適的人
But on these occasions, you sabotage the relationship.
但是此類情況下,你是關系的破壞者
It's connected to the conflict at your core.
這與你內心的沖突有關
The tension between a conventional life
一方面是正常傳統的生活
and yearning to heed the call of adventure.
另一面是對冒險的呼求
Okay, I do not yearn to heed the call of adventure.
我沒有什么對冒險的呼求
The only thing I yearn to do right now
我現在唯一的呼求
is to get some work done.
就是把工作做完
Well, Kitty should be done tidying up
凱蒂應該馬上就清理完
the scene of her staged murder very soon.
她那偽造的謀殺現場了
Between the two of you, we should be
有了你倆,我們應該可以
through these stacks in no time.
很快就處理完這堆東西
Where are you going?
你要去哪
This mural-- not only is it ugly, it's incongruous.
這個壁畫,不僅丑還不搭調
And I shall not be able to volunteer effectively
如果我不能找出它掛在這里的原因
until I know how it came to be hanging here.
我就無法集中全部注意力
Those six stand out.
這六個很顯眼
You may cease your drudgery.
你們可以停止苦差事了
That mural, I knew it was significant
那壁畫,我一看到
The moment I laid eyes on its grotesque majesty.
它那奇怪的風格,就知道有問題
I called the director of the program,
我找到了那項目的主管
and I asked him all about it.
問了關于它的詳情
It is called the magical myristica tour.
它叫做"神奇的肉豆蔻之旅"
And it was painted by one of Spaulding's former students.
是史波丁一名曾經的學生畫的
Magical myristica tour?
神奇的肉豆蔻之旅
It's primarily a witless pun.
是句愚蠢的俏皮話
But it also references the myristica tree.
但同樣也暗指肉豆蔻樹
A tree which is known for producing two spices.
那種樹主要會生產兩種香料
The first is mace.
一種是肉豆蔻皮
The second... is nutmeg.
另一種是肉豆蔻
So, one of their old students had a thing for nutmeg.
他們曾經有一位很喜歡肉豆蔻的學生
His name is Conrad Woodbine, and he's painted
他名叫康拉德·伍德拜,并且畫了
an entire series of paintings,
一整個系列的畫作
which detail the hallucinogenic effects
都是表達大量香料
of ingesting large quantities of the spice.
所引發的幻覺效果
You can get high off nutmeg?
吃肉豆蔻也能嗨起來
I can't say it's a particularly satisfying experience, but yeah.
不能說是一次很舒服的經驗,不過沒錯
Conrad Woodbine has subcontracted to the city
康拉德·伍德拜為城市
as a crime scene cleaner for a decade.
做犯罪現場清理已經有十年了
Until five years ago when he quit
直到五年前他辭職
and purchased a building full of art studios
并且在斯普林大街買下了一棟
on Spring Street.
全是藝術工作室的樓
Now, how does an ex-crime scene cleaner
一個前犯罪現場清理工
afford real estate in soho?
怎么能買得起商業區的地產
Perhaps he hasn't quit the trade after all.
也許他并沒有停止生意
Mr. Woodbine?
伍德拜先生
I'm not to be disturbed while I'm working.
我不喜歡工作時被打擾
This building doesn't need
這座樓不需要
a superintendent who can't superintend.
監管無力的管理員
I know, but...
我知道,但是...
They're police.
他們是警察
You three are cops?
你們仨是警察
To varying degrees.
某種程度上來說是
We'd like to speak with you about your other job.
我們想談談你的另外一份工作
The one which requires some actual artistry.
真正需要藝術能力的那份
What are you talking about?
你在說什么
You dissolve corpses for money.
你收費來溶解尸體
I'm calling my lawyer.
我要找律師
Why did you just come out and accuse him like that?
你為什么以來就直接責問他
Now he's never gonna talk.
現在他不會開口了
I wanted him to step away.
我想讓他走開
I'm curious what's in that cabinet.
我好奇的是在櫥柜里的東西
None of the others are locked.
其它的都沒上鎖
That one is.
只有這一個
Smells like pumpkin pie.
問起來像是南瓜派
My lawyer says you have to leave.
我的律師說你們得離開了
Actually, you can have your attorney
實際上,你可以讓你的律師
meet us at the police station.
與我們在警局見
We found your nutmeg concoction.
我們找到了你的肉豆蔻混合劑
I'm not answering any questions till my lawyer gets here.
我律師來之前我不會回答任何問題
But I will tell you that supply cabinet was locked.
但我可以告訴你那個柜子是上鎖的
Our consultant said it was open.
我們的顧問說是開著的
Well, your consultant's lying.
你的顧問在撒謊
In 1997, you graduated from Spaulding Technical Institute,
1997年,你從史波丁技術學院畢業
you started your career as a crime scene cleaner.
成為了一名犯罪現場清理工
And over the next 11 years,
接下來的十一年里
you took on dozens of cases for the city.
你為市政府干了不少活
You were liked, you were in demand.
你受歡迎,并且有需求
A lot of guys like that would've taken on more employees,
很多這樣的人會雇傭更多員工
maybe even franchised.
也許開個連鎖
What did you do?
而你做了什么
You retired.
你退休了
Took up painting.
開始畫畫
Is this interrogation bothering you?
這審問讓你無聊了嗎
Presumably you've been to your
你們應該已經去過
fair share of crime scenes.
不少的犯罪現場
You know how difficult it is to see what we see.
就該知道我們看到的東西有多不堪
The blood, the viscera, the heartbreak.
血液,內臟,破裂的心臟
We know you didn't quit the clean-up business, Mr. Woodbine.
我們知道你沒退出清理生意,伍德拜先生
You just switched sides.
你只不過是換了個隊伍
You started working for the criminals
開始為罪犯工作
instead of the cops.
而不是為警察
And you helped disappear all of these people.
你幫助清理了所有這些人
The bad guys pay more.
壞人付錢多
We get that.
我們明白
That's why we're not looking at you
這就是為什么我們目前
for any of the murders... for now.
不以這些謀殺來給你指控你
But you give us the names of the individuals
但是如果你給我們這些
who did kill these people,
殺人兇手的姓名
we'll recommend a deal to the DA.
我們會和地方檢察官進行交涉的
I've broken no laws.
我沒違法
You have no proof of any wrongdoing.
你沒有證據證明我有做錯事
Just some claims that some potential
只聲稱說犯罪現場可能
crime scenes smelled like nutmeg.
聞起來有肉豆蔻味道
My mother keeps nutmeg in her spice rack.
我媽媽的調味料架上也有肉豆蔻
Maybe you want to question her, too.
也許你也想審問一下她
Well, so much for getting him to cooperate.
看來不能期待他合作了
Disappointing but not surprising.
失望但不意外
Fortunately there are other ways to undo him.
幸運的是,還有其他方法制服他
Conrad Woodbine is our cleaner.
康拉德·伍德拜就是我們要找的清理工
Of that we have no doubt.
這一點毋庸置疑
Problem is, of course,
問題當然也是
he's a cleaner.
他是個清理工
His M.O. is based on leaving no evidence behind.
他的工作就是不留下任何證據
Right. But you said that there was another way to get him.
是,但你說還有其他抓住他的辦法
I submit that his undoing lies
我認為他的命門
not in the physical evidence,
不在物理證據上
but in the necessary evil of every business
而是在每個服務行業
in the service industry.
都無法避免的夢魘
Customers.
顧客身上
He wouldn't give them up.
他不會供出他們
But they might give him up.
但是他們也許會供出他
We figure out who wanted each of these people dead
我們找出誰想讓這些人死
and then we offer them
然后給他們搬出
the same kind of deal that he turned down.
他之前拒絕掉的同樣條件
Well, the only person we know has
我們所知的唯一
a connection with him is Raymond Carpenter.
與他有聯系的人只有雷蒙德·卡朋特
In point of fact, the connection lies
實際上,他們之間的聯系
between Carpenter's hired hand and Woodbine.
是在卡朋特的雇傭兇手與伍德拜之間
You're talking about the man who killed Jessica Holder.
你說的是那個殺了杰西卡·侯德的人
But he's been dead for years.
但是他已經死了有年頭了
Well, lucky for us,
對我們來說很幸運
though unlucky for the disappeared,
雖然那些被消失的很不幸
Mr. Woodbine's career was prolific.
但康拉德·伍德拜的職業生涯豐富多彩
So, while he was being interrogated this afternoon,
所以今天下午他被審訊的時候
I began at where I believe to be the beginning.
我挖掘出了我認為是源頭的事件
Six years ago,
六年前
Conrad Woodbine retired from cleaning.
康拉德·伍德拜從清理工作退休
At least, officially.
至少是從官方那里
At the same time, a group of Armenian criminals
與此同時,一伙亞美尼亞犯罪組織
arrived in new york.
抵達紐約
They looked to establish themselves in howard beach.
他們想在霍華德海灘發展地盤
Much to the chagrin of the Costa Rican gang
惹惱了當時霸占那里的
that already resided there.
哥斯達黎加幫派
War ensued.
戰爭開始
But months later, the brain trust
但是一個月后,哥斯達黎加幫派的
of that Costa Rican faction just disappeared.
智囊團憑空消失了
You think the Armenians killed them
你認為是亞美尼亞人殺了他們
and Woodbine cleaned them.
然后伍德拜做的清理
There was never any word
從沒有人知道
of what happened, only rumor.
究竟發生了什么,只有傳聞
They'd been slaughtered in the backroom
他們在一家常去的
of a restaurant they frequented.
餐館密室中被屠殺
A detective who went there
一位去過現場的警探
reported an unusual smell.
報告說那里有一股異常的氣味
Like something from a bakery.
像是面包店里的味道
Now, Artem Dedekian
阿特姆·迪德肯
was the Armenian group's leader at the time.
是當時亞美尼亞團伙的首領
I think he's worth talking to, don't you?
我覺得可以跟他談談,你覺得呢
Is our investigation bothering you?
我們的調查讓你無聊了嗎
No.
沒有
Tomorrow, we will speak with Mr. Dedekian.
明天我們去和迪德肯先生談談
You will continue to pour over the cases of the disappeared.
你繼續去查看失蹤者的案件
In case he is not in a helpful mood, we will need backups.
如果他不打算幫忙,我們需要后備計劃
Let me know when you have a time and a place for the meet.
你約好見面的時間和地點后告訴我
I have something I have to take care of.
我有些事情要去處理
So, that's Dedekian?
那個就是迪德肯
He looks hale.
他看起來挺矍鑠的
Retirement suits him.
退休生活很不錯
Captain Gregson is just finishing something up
格雷森警監手頭上還有些事
and then, uh, we'll begin.
然后我們就可以開始了
I'm not a terrorist.
我不是恐怖分子
I shut Chris down last night
我昨晚拒絕了克里斯
and I'm preparing a welcome home dinner for Andrew tomorrow.
明天我會給安德魯做晚飯歡迎他回家
I mean, maybe I do hear the call of...
我是說,也許我是聽見了...
adventure, or whatever you said,
冒險的召喚,不管你是怎么說的
But I can do that and have a life.
但我也可以同時擁有正常生活
Perhaps.
也許吧
You do realize I wasn't criticizing you yesterday?
你知道我昨天不是在批判你吧
You compared me to a baboon with inflated genitals
你把我比作一只生殖器腫脹的狒狒
and then you called me a terrorist.
還說我是恐怖分子
I was using vivid imagery to illustrate a point.
我只是用形象的畫面來表明觀點
It was an attempt to be helpful.
是想有助于你理解來著
Your romantic inclinations
你對浪漫的渴求
are not a flaw to be corrected;
不是需要被改正的缺點
They're a trait to be accepted.
而是你的特點,需要被接納
I know you, Watson.
我了解你,華生
I know you'll never be happy
我知道你受限于
within the confines of a "traditional relationship"
傳統意義上的感情關系是不可能開心的
and I said what I said because it pains me
我說那些話是因為看到你
to see you try to fit into one simply because
全因這種關系是如今社會默認的模式
it is the default mode of polite society.
而努力嘗試維持它,這讓我痛苦
Well, there is no reason to feel pain,
你沒理由感到痛苦
because I'm happy with Andrew.
因為我和安德魯在一起挺開心的
Or would you be happier without him?
那沒有他你會不會更開心呢
Alternatively, with him as
換種方式,把他作為
an occasional sex partner and confidant?
偶爾的性伴侶而不公開
Or with him when he's in the States
或者當他在國內時跟他在一起
and free to pursue other interests when he's not?
其他時候自由追求別的人
There are any number of possible arrangements.
其他可能的方式有很多
All you need to do
你需要做的只是
is find one which is true to your nature.
找到一個符合你本性的人
It really is quite remarkable to me.
我真的覺得挺奇怪的
All this time we've spent together,
我們相處的這些日子
and you remain a far more interesting person
你其實比你自己認為的
than you give yourself credit for.
要有趣得多
Thank you for coming in, Mr. Dedekian.
謝謝你過來,迪德肯先生
I understand you have questions
我知道你想問些有關
about someone named Conrad Woodbine?
一個叫康拉德·伍德拜的人的問題
I don't know the name.
我沒聽過這名字
The name might escape you,
名字你可能不熟悉
but the work must have left an impression.
但他做的事你肯定有印象
It was six years ago.
六年前
He helped turn a few Costa Rican gangsters into soup for you.
他幫你清理了幾個哥斯達黎加黑幫成員的尸體
Sorry.
抱歉
Don't know what you're talking about.
不懂你們在說什么
You're quite a unique case in the criminal underworld, aren't you?
你在眾多罪犯之中別具一格,不是嗎
A one-time kingpin who's managed to extract himself entirely from his past
昔日的犯罪首腦得以金盆洗手
and lead a quieter existence.
從此隱姓埋名
You were just one of Woodbine's clients.
你只是伍德拜曾經的雇主之一
There were others, many others, and we've set to work
此外還有很多個,我們已經開始
identifying them so we might offer a deal.
查找他們的身份以便跟他們談條件
Tell us how you found Woodbine, and what he did for you,
告訴我們你怎么找到伍德拜以及他幫你做了什么
and I'm gonna help you work out
我會幫你跟
an immunity agreement with the DA's office.
地方檢察官辦公室達成免罪協議
One of Woodbine's customers
有一個伍德拜的顧客
is gonna be a very lucky person indeed.
真的會非常幸運
Why?
為何呢
Because he or she will get away with murder.
因為他或她將逃脫謀殺罪
Perhaps even murders.
可能還不止一起
Why? Because we desire Woodbine above all others.
為何呢,因為我們最想抓伍德拜
Why? Because he can, in turn,
又為何呢,因為他可以反過來
give us the names of dozens of killers.
給我們提供幾十個兇手的名字
Including yours.
也包括你的
Someone's gonna talk to us, Mr. Dedekian.
總會有人向我們招供的,迪德肯先生
It may as well be you.
你說出來更好
Conrad Woodbine!
康拉德·伍德拜
Police!
警察
Clear!
沒人
Clear.
沒人
Clear!
沒人
It's all clear.
都沒人
Do you smell that?
你聞到了嗎
Nutmeg.
是肉豆蔻
He keeps his concoction hidden and sealed.
他把他的混合劑都藏起來封好了
There's really no reason
不可能
that the aroma should overpower the room.
房間里會有這么大味道
Unless...
除非...
Did you notice how Conrad Woodbine walked with a limp yesterday?
你注意到昨天康拉德·伍德拜走路一瘸一拐的嗎
Yes.
對
I think he might have had knee surgery recently.
我想他可能剛做了膝蓋手術
And why do you say that?
為什么這么說
'cause I've just found his
因為我剛在水池槽里
artificial patella tendon in the grease trap.
發現了他的人工膝蓋骨肌腱
I don't think we're going to be hearing from Mr. Woodbine any time soon.
我想伍德拜先生不會聯系我們了
Our cleaner's been cleaned.
我們的清理工被人清理了
Well, the M.E. just confirmed that the piece of plastic
法醫剛確認了你找到的那塊塑料
you found is an artificial tendon.
是人工肌腱
It's got Kevlar in it. That's why it didn't melt.
內有芳香聚酰胺纖維,所以沒有溶解
She didn't know if there's any usable DNA on it.
但她不確認上面有沒有可用的DNA
As for the rest of the scene,
現場的其他地方
whoever took care of Woodbine left the place spotless.
被處理掉伍德拜的人清理得一塵不染
Seems like the killer's just as good
看來兇手跟伍德拜一樣
at cleaning up a mess as Woodbine was.
是清理謀殺現場的好手
It doesn't make any sense.
可是說不通啊
Woodbine was the cleaner.
伍德拜就是清理工
This was his livelihood.
這是他的謀生之道
He wouldn't broadcast his methods.
他不可能四處宣傳這事
He'd make himself irrelevant.
得讓自己置身事外
Maybe he had a partner.
也許他有搭檔
Let's hope so.
希望如此吧
'cause it sure looks like Woodbine's gone.
因為伍德拜是徹底消失了
And whatever he knew about all those murders
還有他對那些謀殺案的了解
went down the drain with him.
也一同流進了下水道
Maybe that man Artem Dedekian killed Woodbine.
也許是那個阿特姆·迪德肯殺了伍德拜
He could have changed his mind
可能他對你提的條件
about the deal that you offered him.
改變了想法
Watson and I went straight
華生和我跟迪德肯談完
from interviewing Dedekian to Conrad Woodbine's studio.
就直接去了康拉德·伍德拜的工作室
That's hardly enough time for him to arrange a murder
他沒有足夠時間實施謀殺
and meticulous cleansing of the scene.
并精心清理現場
Why am I doing this?
我做這些干什么
Disassemble the crime board.
幫我拆了罪案板
I don't understand.
我不明白
You're just... giving up.
你就這么...放棄了
Maybe we can find someone else who hired Woodbine.
也許我們能找到伍德拜的其他雇主
Without a living cleaner,
沒有活著的清理工
we have no leverage to make a deal
我們根本沒有籌碼
with one of his former employers.
和他的前雇主談條件
And I'm not "giving up." I'm retrenching.
而且我沒有放棄,只是清理思緒
A clean environment
干凈的環境
stimulates fresh lines of thought.
有助于產生新思路
It's Raymond Carpenter,
這是雷蒙德·卡朋特
the guy who told you he ordered Jessica Holder's murder.
是他告訴你他找人殺了杰西卡·侯德
That's the day he was convicted of 18 different felonies.
那天他被判了十八項重罪
Friends and family with him.
親友也在旁邊
They all look like they took it pretty hard.
看起來他們都很沉重
So...?
那又如何
So, we've seen him before.
我們見過這人
That's the superintendant of Conrad Woodbine's building.
是康拉德·伍德拜那棟樓的管理員
What's he doing at Raymond Carpenter's trial?
他怎么會參加雷蒙德·卡朋特的庭審
Scan this. E-mail it to Watson.
掃描照片,電郵給華生
Tell her we've got work to do.
告訴她我們有工作要做了
Jessica Holder may have been killed
杰西卡·侯德也許
by one of your paid assassins,
是你雇人殺的
but her body was disposed of by Conrad Woodbine.
但她的尸體是康拉德·伍德拜清理的
If you say so.
那就是吧
You, Mr. Carpenter, have three sons.
卡朋特先生,你有三個兒子
Now, your two oldest offspring,
你的兩個大兒子
they've taken after you and already begun to flourish
繼承了你的衣缽,已經開始了
in their own fledgling criminal ventures--
他們各自的犯罪生涯
Helped along, of course, by your incarcerated hand.
當然,這離不開你獄中的協助
But your youngest son, though, Jeremy...
但你最小的兒子,杰瑞米
He's a different story.
他就不一樣了
Flunked out of several schools.
被好幾所學校開除
Fired from every job
你給他找的工作
you've managed to land for him.
沒一份干得長久
With all due respect-- a wastrel.
說句不好聽的,就是個廢物
Now, what's a father to do with a boy like that?
作為父親會如何對待這樣的兒子
Send him to trade school, of course.
當然是送他去學門手藝了
I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
我完全不懂你在說什么
You apprenticed him to Conrad Woodbine.
你讓他拜康拉德·伍德拜為師
It was a convenient arrangement.
這樣安排很方便
Jeremy would earn a livelihood,
杰瑞米可以謀生
And Mr. Woodbine was only too happy, I'm sure,
而我肯定伍德拜先生也非常樂意
to accommodate one of his most valued clients.
幫助他最重視的顧客
Jeremy even served as his superintendant
在他們倆沒尸體可清理時
while the two of them waited for murder victims to dissolve.
杰瑞米還做了他的大樓管理員
Of course, when we went to see Woodbine
顯然,當我們去
at his studio and ask him questions,
伍德拜的工作室找他,問他話時
Jeremy told you.
杰瑞米告訴了你
And you couldn't have that, could you?
而你怎能容忍此事,對吧
Woodbine knew all your secrets, your family's secrets.
伍德拜知道你和你家人的所有秘密
I mean, god knows what would happen if he told the police everything
如果他向警方交代所有你雇他做的事
that you had hired him to do.
天知道結果會怎樣
So you had Woodbine taken care of.
所以你要除掉伍德拜
Jeremy killed him and then cleaned up after himself.
杰瑞米殺了他并清理了他的尸體
It must be said, he did a rather good job.
不得不說,他做得很到位
You finally found him work he's taken to.
你終于給他找到了適合的工作
I suppose congratulations are due.
我想應該道句恭喜
What are you two doing here, anyway?
你們倆到底想干什么
Do you really expect me to admit to any of this nonsense?
難道真指望我承認這些胡言亂語嗎
We're done.
結束了
It's true things can't get any worse for you.
對你而言事情的確不可能更糟了
But for Jeremy...
但對于杰瑞米
He must know some very damning secrets
他一定知道些非常危險之人
about some very dangerous people.
的可怕秘密
We know some of the names of the people who hired Woodbine.
我們知道幾個伍德拜的雇主
We'll get more.
還會查到更多
How do you think they'll react when they find out
要是他們知道你兒子是他徒弟
that your son was his apprentice
而警方又在向他施壓
and that police are pressing him to make a deal?
想達成協議,他們會怎么做
If you care for your son, call him.
如果你關心你兒子,就給他打電話
If he issues a confession
如果他說出實情
and agrees to testify against the people who hired him,
并同意指證雇他的那些人
we'll see he's assigned to the safe environs
我們能保證他被分配去低安保級別監獄
of a white collar prison.
那里比較安全
If not,
否則
he's about to make some very potent enemies.
他就要跟些非常有勢力的人為敵了
People who will find him
不論天涯海角
wherever he hides.
那些人都會找到他
Too loud?
太大聲了嗎
I'm not here about the music.
我不是來抱怨音樂的
Authorities were stunned today
今天當局驚訝地聽聞
when 20-year-old Jeremy Carpenter
二十歲的杰瑞米·卡朋特
confessed to killing Conrad Woodbine,
承認殺害了康拉德·伍德拜
a man Carpenter says trained him to clean up
據卡朋特說,此人訓練他在兇案后
after murders. It's believed that...
清理現場,我們相信...
Your insights made that arrest possible.
你的發現促成了這次逮捕
You are progressing.
你進步神速
A pleasure to watch.
我很高興能作為見證
Normally, I ask you to keep your music
通常我會要你在
at a reasonable level during my reading hours,
我的閱讀時間將音樂調到合理的音量
but tonight feel free to enjoy it at whatever volume you wish.
不過今晚你想用多大音量來欣賞都隨便你路德維?!し病へ惗喾?/p>