Close your mouth, Watson. You'll catch a fly.
華生,閉上嘴,不然蒼蠅會飛進去
I didn't you had one of those machines.
我不知道你還有一套刺青設備
Only needle these arms see anymore.
只在刺手臂時才拿出來
I keep it for the occasional touch-up.
我是為了偶爾補色而準備的
Well, wouldn't it be easier if someone else did it,
讓其他人來做不是更好
like an actual tattoo artist?
譬如一個專業紋身師
I am an actual tattoo artist.
我就是專業紋身師
I did a lot of these myself.
早就熟能生巧了
How'd you...? Ambidextrous.
你怎么能... 我左右手都很靈活
Of course you are.
看出來了
Can I interest you in some ink of your own?
我可以給你推薦個紋身圖案嗎
Syringe with a line through it, perhaps,
一條線穿過一根注射器或許不錯
in honor of your former career as a sober companion?
以此向你之前康戒陪護的工作致敬
I think I'm good, thanks.
還是免了吧,謝謝
I wanted to plan something for your anniversary.
我想計劃一下你的周年慶
You're gonna be one-year sober in a few days.
再過些天,你就戒毒滿一年了
They're gonna give you your one-year chip at your next meeting.
下次互助會他們要給你發一周年徽章
It's a big deal, Sherlock. You should be proud.
夏洛克,這很了不起,你應該引以為傲
You've been talking to Alfredo.
你和阿弗雷多談過吧
He's been hounding me about my soberversary for weeks now.
他最近幾周一直跟我嘮叨戒毒一周年的事
Of course he has. He's your sponsor.
必須的啊,他是你的擔保人
Which is why I have not had the heart to tell him
所以我不忍心告訴他
I've absolutely no intention of accepting that chip.
我壓根沒準備接受那個徽章
And why wouldn't you accept it?
為什么不接受
It is absurd to measure sobriety in units of time.
用時間來衡量戒毒是很荒謬的
It is a state of being. One is either in it or out of it.
那是一種生存狀態,要么戒,要么不戒
In my case, I am in it permanently.
而我已經永遠不會吸毒了
Amassing a collection of cheap plastic discs seems infantile.
攢一堆廉價的塑料片有點幼稚
Unless, of course, I could trade them in for a prize.
除非,我可以拿它們換個獎品
A brood of sea monkeys, perhaps.
或許可以換一窩咸水蝦
Sherlock...
夏洛克
You're a ex-sober companion.
你現在不是康戒陪護了
It is no longer your calling to nag me, police me or reproach me.
你不必再嘮叨我,監督我,指責我
If I require your opinion with regards to my sobriety,
如果我需要你關于戒毒的建議
I will ask for it.
我會直說的
You are right.
那是當然
Alfredo, your ears must have been burning.
阿弗雷多,我們正說著你呢
Hope I'm not calling too early. I'm with a friend.
希望這電話不算太早,我跟個朋友在一起
I think he could use your help.
我覺得他需要你的幫助
Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson.
我們是夏洛克·福爾摩斯和喬恩·華生
We're here to see Ken Whitman.
來找肯·惠特曼
Uh, my dad. He said someone was coming by.
是我爸爸,他說過有人要來
Come in.
進來吧
You're quite good.
你人很不錯
Eva. Thanks.
謝謝,我叫伊娃
Uh, Dad's in the den, just... down the hall.
爸爸在客廳,就在那邊
I told you when I met you that I had a great sponsor.
我以前跟你們說過我有個很好的擔保人
This is him.
就是他
The only one in the group willing to take a chance
小組里唯一愿意給我這個偷車賊
on a half-reformed ex-car thief.
一次改過自新機會的人
Alfredo said you were in trouble.
阿弗雷多說你有麻煩了
Two years ago, Eva used a fake I.D. to get into a club in the city.
兩年前,伊娃用假身份混進了一個酒吧
A man named Brent Garvey slipped something into her drink.
一個叫布倫特·加維的人在她酒里下了藥
He took her to his apartment and...
他把她帶回公寓,然后...
The next morning she told me and her mom everything.
第二天早上她把整件事告訴了我和他媽媽
We took her to the police and they found Garvey.
我們帶她去報警,并抓到了加維
She picked him out of a lineup.
她從一群嫌疑人里認出了他
Brave girl.
她真勇敢
After Garvey was charged, two other victims came forward.
加維被指控后,又有兩名受害者站出來
He ended up cutting a deal.
他最后同檢控官達成協議
Pled guilty for a reduced sentence.
認罪以獲得減刑
Technically, it was over.
嚴格說來,事情就此結束了
But not for you and your family.
但對于你們家則未必
For Eva, it was hard.
對伊娃來說很艱難
She cut off contact with her friends.
她與朋友們切斷聯系
Stopped playing.
足不出戶
Even tried to hurt herself.
還有自殘傾向
We found her a therapist.
我們給她找了個心理醫生
Things... got better.
情況有了些好轉
She said she might even be ready for college next year.
她說也許明年她就能去上大學了
And then
然而
a few months ago, I got this in the mail.
幾個月前,我在信箱里發現了這個
It's a-a video of Eva with Brent Garvey.
是伊娃和布倫特·加維的錄像
The night he...
就是他把她...
"Mr. Whitman, you will transfer $10,000 to the following account
惠特曼先生,匯1萬美元到下面的賬戶
or this video will be posted online
不然這段視頻就會被上傳
and released to the media.
并泄露給媒體
Your daughter will be a star.
你女兒就出名了
Do not go to the police,
別去報警
do not attempt to identify me.
別試圖找出我是誰
If I'm arrested or physically harmed in any way,
如果我被捕或受到任何傷害
I have a fail-safe in place,
我有個同伴隨時準備著
an associate who will release the video for me."
會在需要時替我發布視頻
Eva had come such a long way.
伊娃一路走來很不容易
I didn't want to see her get hurt again.
我不想看到她再受傷害
So you paid the $10,000.
所以你付了那一萬美元
I didn't even tell my wife.
我都沒告訴我妻子
I just did it.
直接就付了錢
But then... a few weeks later...
但幾周后...
They asked for more money.
他們再次向你勒索
I paid again.
我還是照付了
The third demand came a few days ago.
幾天前他們第三次勒索我
I finally lost it.
我終于忍不住了
Came close to falling off the wagon.
差點酒癮復發
My sponsor was out of town, so I-I reached out to Alfredo.
我的擔保人出城了,于是我去找了阿弗雷多
I-I just needed to talk to someone.
我得找人談談
But then he told me about you.
然后他向我說起了你
H-He said you might be able to help?
他說你也許能幫我
I have a particular disdain for blackmailers.
我特別鄙視勒索犯
They are...
他們
in some respects...
從某些方面來說
more despicable to me than even murderers.
比殺人犯更卑鄙
Ms. Watson and I will find the person who's been targeting you.
我和華生小姐會找到勒索你的人
We will also find their associate. Then...
我們也會找到他們的同伙,然后
we will destroy every trace of this vile recording.
我們會把這些視頻全部清除干凈
You think he's the blackmailer.
你覺得他就是那個勒索犯
My tech expert in London traced the account number
我在倫敦的技術專家追蹤紙條上的賬號
on the note to that man and this address.
查到了這個人和這個地址
Charles Augustus Milverton.
查爾斯·奧古斯塔斯·米爾弗頓
He certainly looks the part.
他看著就很像勒索犯
I'm just surprised how easy it was to find him.
我只是驚訝于,找他未免太容易了
Well, he's obviously confident in the protection
很明顯,他對自己同伴提供的的保障
that his fail-safe affords him.
充滿信心
I'll assess the threat he poses,
我去看下他發出的恐嚇
and attempt to divine the identity of his accomplice.
試著推測其同伙的身份
Once both individuals are known to us,
一旦掌握了兩人的資料
we will destroy their blackmail troves simultaneously.
我們就能一舉清除那些性侵視頻
Another reason to dislike Milverton...
又多了一條討厭米爾弗頓的理由
he keeps cats.
他養貓
Well, he should get himself a real pet,
他應該養些真正的寵物
like a beehive.
比如蜂窩
You see anything?
看到什么了嗎
Laptop.
筆記本電腦
He could have used it to burn the DVD that he sent.
可能就是用這臺電腦刻錄那些光碟的
What's happening?
什么情況
Ken Whitman said the man who assaulted his daughter
肯·惠特曼說侵犯他女兒的人
took two other teenaged victims, as well--
還有另外兩名受害者
Tracy Bender and Karen Pistone.
特蕾西·班德和凱倫·皮斯通
There are videos of them here, as well.
這里也有她們的視頻
You think he's blackmailing their parents?
你覺得他也在勒索她們的父母嗎
Them. Others.
除了他們,還有其他人
"Others"?
其他人
It would seem Mr. Milverton is a professional blackmailer.
看樣子米爾弗頓先生是個專業勒索犯
I'd estimate that his victims number in the dozens.
我估計受害者有好幾十個
He's back.
他回來了
He must have just gone to get some groceries.
肯定只是去買點東西而已
He's heading for the door.
他朝門口走過去了
You could have specified back door, Watson.
你該具體點說是后門的,華生
What're you talking about? He's coming through the front.
你說什么呢,他走的是前門
Please...
求你...
Holmes.
福爾摩斯
What're you doing here?
你來這干什么
I'd like you to take a look at something.
我想讓你看點東西
Then I'd like you to join me in the conference room.
然后來會議室找我吧
You want to tell me why you asked me to look at
能給我說說,為什么讓我看
what appears to be the brutal rape of a teenage girl?
如此殘忍性侵少女的錄像帶嗎
I thought it was important you understand what was at stake.
我覺得得讓你知道是誰身處險境
The man in that video is Brent Garvey.
視頻里的男人是布倫特·加維
He was arrested in New Jersey several years ago
幾年前在新澤西被捕
and convicted of sexually assaulting three young women:
性侵了三名女生
Eva Whitman, Tracy Bender, Karen Pistone.
伊娃·惠特曼,特蕾西·班德和凱倫·皮斯通
Eva Whitman's father received that DVD in the mail,
伊娃·惠特曼的父親在信箱里收到了這光碟
along with a note which demanded that he pay $10,000
還有一張字條,要求他支付一萬美金
or see it released on the Internet.
否則就將視頻傳到網上
Now, I identified the blackmailer earlier this evening.
我今晚早些時候查到了勒索犯的身份
I went to his home
我去了他家
and I realized that he had sent similar threats
發現他也同樣威脅了班德小姐和
to the parents of Ms. Bender and Ms. Pistone.
皮斯通小姐的父母
So you're here to turn over the evidence.
所以你是來上交證據的
It's possible...
我來這
that I am here to report
很有可能是要報告
a murder.
一件兇殺案
Or perhaps I'm just here to...
也有可能我只是來
seek the counsel of an investigator that I respect and admire.
咨詢一下我平日很敬重的探員
Hypothetically,
假設說
the blackmailer was killed in his home tonight.
勒索者今晚于家中被殺
Hypothetically... I saw it happen.
再次假設...我目擊了整個過程
Holmes...
福爾摩斯...
if you know anything about a murder,
如果對一件謀殺案知情
you gotta report it.
你得上報
There would be consequences.
那就會產生一些后果
The hypothetical blackmailer had a hypothetical accomplice.
那個假設的勒索者有個假設的同謀
That accomplice, upon learning of his partner's death,
那個同謀,在得知自己同伙死后
would release that video-- and others-- into the world.
就會把所有錄像公諸于世
That is, of course,
當然,這只會是
if the accomplice learns of his partner's death.
在他得知自己的同伙死后
So you want to keep it a secret.
所以你想秘而不宣
It would give a motivated investigator
這樣調查員就有足夠時間
enough time to identify the accomplice,
找出那個同伙了
prevent him from enacting any offending fail-safes.
從而阻止他泄露出那些冒犯人的錄像
Obviously you'd want to find the accomplice
很顯然你是想揪出那個同伙
more than the killer but...
而不是兇手,但是...
what if the killer is the accomplice?
如果兇手就是那個同伙呢
Then all roads lead to Mecca.
那不是更加皆大歡喜嗎
Blackmailer is foiled and a killer is caught.
阻止了勒索者,也抓到了兇手
All in one fell swoop.
一下子全搞定了
You have daughters, do you not, Captain?
你也有女兒,對吧,警監
So...
怎么樣
Captain Gregson sees the wisdom
格雷森警監睿智地選擇了
in keeping Milverton's death a secret. For now.
暫時不公布米爾弗頓之死
Well, I've been listening to the scanner since I got back
我從回來就一直在聽對講機
and there are no reports of gunfire
米爾弗頓的住所附近沒有報告
or break-ins in Milverton's neighborhood.
發生槍擊或非法闖入事件
Did you reach Alfredo?
你聯系阿弗雷多了嗎
Yeah, he said he would stay there as long as we needed him to.
聯系了,他說如果需要他會一直待在那
He'd let us know if anyone came by.
如果有人過去他就通知我們
What about the materials I took from the dead man's desk?
我在死者桌子上拿的材料里有什么發現
Well, they're bills mostly. And some receipts.
大部分都是賬單,還有些收據
Um, I did find this.
我還發現了這個
I think it's some sort of ledger.
好像是某種賬簿
Records of payoffs from Milverton's victims probably.
可能是米爾弗頓受害人的付款記錄
How are you doing?
你沒事吧
You saw someone get murdered tonight.
你今晚看到有人被殺
You said you never got a clean look at the shooter.
卻說沒有看清兇手
Large man, approximately six foot two,
體型龐大,高約1米88
one hundred kilograms.
100公斤
His features were obscured by a mask,
臉部被面罩遮擋
his scent by the cat urine and kitty litter in Milverton's home.
身上沾有米爾弗頓屋里的貓尿和貓砂味
Even if I had reported the crime,
即使我真的報案
I would not have had much to offer.
也沒什么有價值的口供
It's hard not to imagine that the killer was one of the people
不難想到兇手是米爾弗頓正在勒索的人
Milverton was blackmailing, but the captain raised
但是警監認為
the possibility that it was his accomplice.
有可能是米爾弗頓的同伙
Either way, our goal remains the same:
不管怎樣,我們的目的不變
Find the fail-safe before he can release any salacious material.
在他的同伙放出性侵錄像之前找到他
Well, if the killer was one of Milverton's victims,
如果兇手是米爾弗頓的受害人
why wouldn't he be worried about the fail-safe kicking in?
他為什么不擔心那個同伙放出錄像帶
Well, it's possible that he solved whatever problem
可能是他已經清除了一切米爾弗頓
Milverton was taking advantage of.
可以泄露的東西
The fail-safe would mean nothing to him.
那個同伙已經對他毫無意義
Unfortunately, it still means a great deal
不幸的是,對米爾弗頓的其他受害人
to Milverton's other victims.
仍舊意義重大
The parents of the three young women raped
比如被布倫特·加維強奸的
by Brent Garvey, for example.
三個女孩的父母
I've arranged to pay him a visit in the morning.
我已安排明天與他見面
Garvey?
加維
What if Garvey was the accomplice Milverton entrusted
如果加維是米爾弗頓委托的
his fail-safe protocols with?
留后手的人呢
He's in prison-- how could he...?
他在監獄里,怎么能...
All he would need to release those videos is access
他放出這些錄像只需要通過
to a smartphone or a computer.
一部智能手機或者一臺電腦
Neither, I'm sorry to say, is impossible to come by in lockup.
很遺憾,在監獄里,這兩樣都有可能弄到
If he is not the accomplice,
如果他不是那個同伙
perhaps he can tell us who is.
或許他可以告訴我們誰是
Mr. Garvey.
加維先生
I heard the victimizers of children had a rough time in prison.
我聽說欺負小孩的人在監獄里不好混
It's really nice to see that it's not just a rumor.
很高興知道這不僅僅是謠傳
Who are you?
你是誰
I'm Holmes, this is Watson.
我是福爾摩斯,這位是華生
We consult for the New York Police Department.
我們是紐約警察局的顧問
If this is about the guys who jumped me,
如果是關于打我的那些人
I already gave their names to the guards.
我已經把名字都告訴警衛了
We're here to talk to you about Charles Milverton.
我們想和你討論下查爾斯·米爾弗頓
Before you say you've never heard of him, be advised
在你說從來沒聽過他之前,告訴你
we come fresh from a conversation with your warden.
我們剛剛與你的看守人談過話
We know that he paid you a visit here several months ago.
我們知道他幾個月前來看過你
Yeah, he's friends with my dad.
是的,他是我父親的朋友
He came to see how I was doing.
他來看我過得怎么樣
Is that why you gave him your collection of rape tapes?
所以你就給了他那些性侵錄像帶嗎
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什么
I've seen the tapes, Garvey.
我看過那些錄像,加維
I have one in my possession.
我手里還有一份
I'm very seriously considering telling your friends
我正在考慮在離開這兒之前
here about them before I leave today.
跟你朋友們說說錄像帶的事兒
Maybe they won't wait to find you in the yard next time.
也許下次他們就等不及去院子里找你了
Maybe they'll pay you a visit in your sickbed.
他們會直接來病榻前探望你
We know you gave Milverton the tapes.
我們知道你把錄像帶給了米爾弗頓
We just want to know if you have access
我們只想知道你是否能拿到
to any of his other blackmail materials.
他手里別的用來勒索的材料
Other materials? Milverton had an accomplice--
別的材料, 米爾弗頓有個幫手
someone who would put forth his materials
如果他被殺了或被關進監獄
in the event of his untimely death or incarceration.
那個人會把他的素材公諸于世
The fail-safe, yeah.
他的同伙,對
Yeah, I know.
這我知道
He told me all about him when he came to see me.
他來找我的時候把這些都告訴我了
He said if I went to the police
他說如果我去報警
and I told them he was blackmailing me,
告訴警察他勒索我
his partner would release the tapes.
他的同伙就會把錄像泄露出去
Blackmailing you?
勒索你
I didn't give him the tapes.
我沒有把錄像帶給他
I had them in a storage unit.
我把它們放在一個存儲間里
When I got arrested, I couldn't keep up with the payments.
被捕之后,我沒法再去交租金
The contents went into auction.
那些東西就被拍賣了
Milverton put in the highest bid.
米爾弗頓出了最高價
Said he bought old units all the time.
他說他一直在買舊存儲間
Got a lot of dirt that way.
這樣搞到了很多秘密
Let me guess-- you have a parole hearing coming up?
你馬上要進行保釋聽證會了,對不對
I'm sorry, but I can't help you.
抱歉,我幫不了你
I'm not in on it with these guys.
我和那些人不是一伙的
I'm just another victim.
我只是個受害者
So, what's the verdict on Garvey?
加維的話你怎么看
Well, as far as rapists go,
作為一個強奸犯來說
it would appear he's an honest one.
他還算是個誠實的人
After Milverton's initial visit to him in prison,
米爾弗頓第一次去監獄看他之后
he sent...
他發了
he sent a series of e-mails to his parents,
一連串郵件給他的父母
begging for loans.
向他們借錢
The dates of those e-mails correspond
那些郵件的日期
to payments made in Milverton's ledger.
和米爾弗頓賬本的進賬日期吻合
So Milverton was blackmailing Garvey and Garvey was paying.
所以加維遭到米爾弗頓勒索,并付了錢
But we're still gonna tell the police
但我們還是得在聽證會之前
about the videos before his parole hearing, right?
告訴警察那些錄像帶的事兒,對吧
We will discuss the matter with the three girls' parents
我們會在恰當的時間跟三個女孩的家長
at the appropriate time.
討論這件事
The decision should and will be theirs.
這事應由他們決定
In the meantime, we will stay the course
與此同時,我們會繼續
and attempt to identify Milverton's accessory.
調查米爾弗頓同謀的身份
Before he find out that Milverton is dead.
在他得知米爾弗頓已經死了之前
Got it.
明白了
I found something in his ledger.
我在他的賬本里有所發現
He makes regular outgoing payments to someone
他定期向一個代號為
with the code name "HENRY8"
"亨利八世"的人付錢
You think that's the accomplice?
你認為那是他的同伙
The payments are consistently ten percent
給他的錢一直是米爾弗頓
of whatever Milverton has coming in.
所有進賬的十分之一
Seems like a reasonable rate
看上去是給勒索犯同伙
for a blackmailer's assistant.
合理的分贓比例
It's Alfredo-- someone's at Milverton's door.
是阿弗雷多,有人去了米爾弗頓家
He's gone.
他走了
Right after I texted you, he hopped into a cab.
我剛給你發完短信,他就跳進了出租車
Tried to tail him but I lost him in traffic.
我試著跟蹤他但是跟丟了
Description?
他長什么樣
Tall, six feet, maybe, fat,
高個兒,大概一米八多,很胖
gray hair, mustache.
灰色頭發,有小胡子
Suit and cowboy boots-- it's weird, I mean...
穿西裝和牛仔靴,我覺得
something about him.
他有點兒奇怪
Something like what?
什么地方奇怪
He seemed familiar, like I knew him or something.
他看起來很眼熟,感覺我好像見過他
Any idea from where?
能想起來是在哪兒嗎
I don't know. Maybe I saw him at a meeting or maybe...
不知道,也許是在某次互助會上
maybe I stole his car back in the day.
也許我以前偷過他的車
You said he was wearing cowboy boots. Yeah.
你說他穿著牛仔靴, 對
What matters is that your eyes beheld him.
重要的是你親眼看到了他
Which means his image was transmitted
也就是說他的圖像已被傳送到了
to your posterior parietal cortex.
你的后頂葉皮質
So, once we regress you,
所以只要我們幫你回顧一下
you'll remember every detail,
你就能回憶起所有細節
including where you know him from.
包括你在哪兒見過他
Re-what me? Regress you.
幫我回什么, 回顧
Normally, we would use a sensory deprivation chamber.
通常我們會用感官剝奪室
But in the absence of that.
但在沒有那個的情況下
You want me to get in there? Yeah.
你想要我待在這里面, 沒錯
You grew up in New York? Well, yeah.
你在紐約長大嗎, 是的
You watch late-night TV? Ah, of course.
會看夜間電視節目嗎, 當然
Is this the guy you saw?
你看見的是不是這個男人
Involved in an automobile accident?
您是否身陷交通事故的麻煩之中
Well, there's a new sheriff in town.
我是本地新來的律師
Me-Duke Landers, Esquire. That's him.
杜克·蘭德斯紳士, 就是他
"Come on down and see Sheriff Duke."
"杜克律師,隨時恭候您的到訪"
If you're looking for justice and money,
花最少的錢,追求最大的公平正義
come on down and see Sheriff Duke.
杜克律師,隨時恭候您的到訪
Charles Milverton.
查爾斯·米爾弗頓
Sorry, name doesn't ring a bell.
抱歉,我對這名字沒什么印象
That's funny, Sheriff,
那就有意思了,律師先生
because you were seen knocking on his door
因為有人看見你今早去敲了
in Staten Island this morning.
他在斯塔騰島區房子的大門
Can you prove that?
你們有證據嗎
No.
沒有
Nor can we prove that Milverton was your client.
我們也沒有證據說明米爾弗頓是你的委托人
Or that he left certain materials with you,
也沒法證明他是否給你留了材料
and told you to disperse them should certain fates befall him.
讓你在他遭受不幸之后散布出去
Say this Milverton guy is a client.
就算這位米爾弗頓是我的委托人
The law would proscribe me from discussing him
根據法律規定,我也無權告知你們
with you in any way.
他的情況
So, now, if you'll excuse me.
如果你們沒事的話,恕不奉陪
"Duke Landers, Esquire."
"杜克·蘭德斯紳士"
I take it the title refers to your law license as opposed
"紳士"的頭銜應該是源于你的律師執照
to your birthright as the eldest son of a knight.
而不是作為爵士的家族光環
What are you doing?
你要干什么
Yeah. Thought so-- this paper is 24-pound stock
這張是24磅的紙
as opposed to the 80-pound favored by most institutions.
而不是大多數學校會使用的80磅厚紙
Watson, I added several tomes on handwriting analysis
華生,我前不久在你的閱讀書單里
to your reading list the other week.
加了幾本介紹筆跡分析的書
If you've properly absorbed them,
如果你融會貫通了的話
you'll find the signatures of both
應該會發現系主任和
the dean and the board president most interesting.
校理事會會長的簽名里大有文章
Ah, Florence Costello and Martin Faber.
弗洛倫斯·科斯特洛和馬丁·菲博
They have the same D'Nealian capital F's.
他們寫大寫F的筆法一致
That's because they were written by one person
那是因為根本就是一個人寫的
attempting to mimic two different styles.
他特意模仿了兩種不同的筆跡
This certificate from the Unified Court System
那張聯邦法院系統的資質證書
looks a bit dodgy as well.
看起來也有點問題
Perhaps I should give them a call,
也許我應該給他們打個電話
see if you're actually licensed.
看看你是不是真有從業執照
I know him, okay?
好吧,我認識他
I know Charles Milverton.
我認識查爾斯·米爾弗頓
But he's not my client.
但他不是我的委托人
If anything, you could say that I was a client of his.
正相反,可以說我是他的委托人
Explain.
怎么說
A few years ago, I got him off a DWI charge.
幾年前,我幫他解決了一樁酒后駕車的官司
He said if any sensitive information came across my desk,
他說如果我這有相關敏感信息的話
that he could use it to make some money for both of us.
他可以利用這些資料為我們倆共同謀利
Just so we're clear--
我得說清楚
that's all I did.
我就干了這些
That's all.
僅此而已
Hey, I'm not the one that was supposed to disperse materials
我不是那個在查爾斯出事之后幫他
if something happened to Charles-- that was someone else.
散布材料的人,那是別人干的
You're a liar who lies.
你是個謊話連篇的騙子
Charles never told me his name,
查爾斯從沒告訴過我他的名字
but I know that he's out there.
不過我知道有這么個人
Charles used to call him his fail-safe.
查爾斯把他當做同伙
We need everything you have on Milverton.
你所知道關于米爾弗頓的一切,全告訴我們
And I do mean everything.
請注意,是所有的一切
Lots of evidence
大量證據
that Duke Landers is even scummier than we thought,
表明杜克·蘭德斯比我們想的還卑鄙
but nothing helpful on Milverton's accomplice.
但對我們找到米爾弗頓的同伙毫無幫助
How are you doing with the, um...?
你處理得怎么樣,那些...
Are those sobriety chips?
那些是戒毒徽章嗎
I ordered a set online yesterday,
我昨天在網上訂了一套
had them shipped overnight.
他們隔天就送到了
Wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
我想看看那到底是個什么玩意
Colors are a bit garish, no?
顏色太鮮艷了,是吧
More appropriate to a successful
看來更適合頒給在拉斯維加斯
first year as a Vegas showgirl.
成功登臺演出一年的舞女
Have you been playing quarters with these?
你在用這些玩彈幣游戲嗎
I didn't drink anything, Watson,
我沒喝酒,華生
I just wanted to see them bounce.
我只是想看看它們彈起來的樣子
I don't believe you.
我才不信你
Smell my breath.
聞聞我的口氣
I'm not talking about the drinking.
我不關心你喝酒的事
I'm talking about what you said yesterday
我只關心你昨天所說的你的戒毒事業
about me not weighing in on your sobriety. What?
和我再無關系的事, 什么
Listen, if you want to talk about your feelings
如果你想談談
about your one-year chip, I'm here.
對戒毒周年徽章的感受,可以和我說
You were asking if I'd found anything.
你問我有沒有發現什么
The answer is...
答案是
maybe.
可能有新發現
Two years ago,
兩年前
Charles Milverton referred a client to the Sheriff.
查爾斯·米爾弗頓向律師推薦了一位委托人
His name was Abraham Zelner,
那人名叫亞伯拉罕·澤爾內
a morbidly obese man who wanted to sue an airline
一個病態肥胖的男人,想要起訴航空公司
for removing him from a flight.
因為航空公司取消了他的行程
Zelner was the only client Milverton referred.
澤爾內是米爾弗頓推薦的唯一一位委托人
Earlier we were theorizing that
早些時候,我們認為
"HENRY8" was Milverton's accomplice.
亨利八世是米爾弗頓的同伙
Henry the Eighth, as I'm sure you're aware,
亨利八世,你一定了解
was the fattest monarch in British history.
是英國歷史上最胖的一位君主
So you think Zelner was his accomplice
所以你認為澤爾內是他的同伙
and that Milverton gave him that code name
米爾弗頓給他這個代號
because he was heavyset?
因為他胖嗎
Hmm, Orson Welles was heavyset.
奧遜·威爾斯算胖
Abraham Zelner could pull small moons out of orbit.
而亞伯拉罕·澤爾內都能力轉乾坤了
Captain, what is the first thing that comes to mind
警監,當我說亨利八世時
when I say "Henry the Eighth"?
你首先想到的是什么
Herman's Hermits?
樂隊赫爾曼的隱士們的歌
Listen.
聽著
Call came in a little while ago
剛來了一個報案電話
from a night watchman at a construction site.
是一個工地守夜人打來的
He saw some, uh, suspicious activity.
他看到了可疑行為
The responding officers found a perp
警察發現一名嫌犯
trying to dump a corpse into some wet cement
正在將一具尸體扔進大樓地基
in the building's foundation.
的濕水泥中
Victim was shot three times in the chest-- the perp claims
死者胸部三處中槍,嫌犯聲稱
he did it 'cause he was being blackmailed.
他殺人是因為被勒索
Some hypothetical bells obviously went off.
看來有些假設成真了
Was the victim's name, perchance, Milverton?
死者不會姓米爾弗頓吧
First name Charles.
名是查爾斯
The culprit didn't, by any chance,
嫌犯不會碰巧
confess to being his accomplice, did he?
承認是他的同伙吧
No, his name is Anthony Pistone.
不,嫌犯名叫安東尼·皮斯通
His daughter is Karen Pistone, Brent Garvey's second victim.
女兒是凱倫·皮斯通,布倫特·加維的第二位受害者
Yes, he was being blackmailed, too. Yeah,
對,他也被勒索了, 是的
and his attorney's already spinning his story to the media.
他的律師已經將消息公布給媒體了
So I'm afraid the news that Charles Milverton is dead
所以,查爾斯·米爾弗頓死亡的消息
is officially out.
已經不是秘密了
I got the first blackmail note...
第一次收到恐嚇信
nine months ago.
是九個月前
It came with a DVD.
還有一張DVD
Hearing about it when it first happened,
第一次聽到事情的感受
that was nothing compared to seeing it.
和看到光碟的感受無法比擬
I swear, if I could have got my hands on Garvey...
我發誓,如果我不能親手抓到加維
Anthony,
安東尼
let's try to stay on topic.
別跑題
I did what I had to do.
我做了我該做的
I paid.
我付了錢
It wasn't easy.
那并不容易
My brother and I have a contracting business.
我和我弟弟做承包買賣
Work was slow.
盈利很慢
But no way was I gonna let that tape get out.
但我決不能讓那個錄像帶公布于眾
I thought that would be the end of it.
我以為付錢之后就沒事了
I was wrong.
可我錯了
A few weeks later I get an e-mail.
幾周后,我收到了一封郵件
Same threat, same demand.
同樣的威脅,一樣的金額
How did you find Charles Milverton?
你怎么找到查爾斯·米爾弗頓的
He e-mailed me again last week.
他上周又給我發郵件
Asked for more money.
要更多的錢
I wrote him back and said I had it, but it was in cash.
我回信說我有錢,但只是現金
Said I'd borrowed it from a friend who runs numbers.
告訴他是從朋友手里借的
Couldn't deposit it in a bank without raising a red flag.
如果通過銀行轉賬會引起注意
I left an envelope under a park bench.
我把錢裝入信封,放在公園的長椅上
When he came to pick it up, I followed him home.
他來取的時候,我跟蹤了他
A few nights later I broke in through his back door,
幾晚后,我從后門闖入他家
shot him.
開槍殺了他
Grabbed his body and his laptop and took off.
將他的尸體和電腦拿走
Where's the laptop now? Smashed.
電腦現在在哪里, 被我摔碎了
I stomped on it and tossed it in some dumpster.
我用腳跺碎了,扔到垃圾桶里
I understand there was some postmortem damage
尸檢報告顯示死者死后
done to the victim's face.
臉部受過傷
When your guys came at me tonight,
當警察今晚找到我時
when I, uh, I realized I couldn't get away...
我知道我逃不了了
I looked down at Milverton,
我低頭看著米爾弗頓
and it was like he was looking back at me.
感覺他正看向我
Like he was laughing.
像是在嘲笑我
I snapped.
我失控了
Lifted my boot up and just...
提起鞋打了他
He's got enough face left for an open casket.
剩下的半邊臉也夠他入棺了
It's more than he deserves.
這已經是善待他了
It's the guy you saw the other night, right?
他就是你那天晚上看見的家伙,對吧
The man I saw was wearing a mask,
我看見的那人戴著個面罩
but the height and weight are correct.
但是身高和體重都符合
And usually I feel so good
通常情況下當我將
when we've got a killer dead to rights.
兇手捉拿歸案時我會很高興的
The man is an idiot.
這人是個白癡
He's put all of Milverton's victims--
他將所有米爾弗頓的受害者
including his own daughter-- at risk.
包括他自己的女兒都置于險境
For all we know, internet is already flooded with their secrets.
眾所周知,他們的秘密現在已經遍布網絡了
I'm not saying I agree with what he did.
我并沒說我支持他的做法
I'm saying I sympathize.
我只是覺得同情他
The guy plays his cards right,
這家伙很明白該怎么做
the D.A. won't ask for more than manslaughter in the first;
地檢在初審時只會告他謀殺
he'll be out in three and a half years. Yeah.
三年半后他就能出獄了, 嗯
Holmes. I went to that address you gave me.
福爾摩斯,我去了你給我的地址
The one for the guy you thought
就是那個死去的勒索人
was working with the dead blackmailer,
的同伙的地址
Abraham Zelner.
亞伯拉罕·澤爾內
Tell me you have him in custody.
告訴我你已經把他拘留了
The address wasn't a residence,
那地址不是住址
it was a butcher shop in Chinatown.
而是唐人街的一家肉店
It gets worse.
還有更糟的
Can't find any record of the guy
我在國家犯罪信息中心和車管所
in the NCIC or the DMV database.
都找不到這個人的任何記錄
None. Sorry. I know you thought it was a lead,
完全沒有, 抱歉,我知道你覺得這是線索
but as far as I can tell, the name's a fake.
但是就目前看來,這是個假名
The brownstone is on fire, my bees have escaped
褐石屋著火了,我的蜜蜂都飛掉了
and there is a giant comet headed for Manhattan.
還有一顆巨大的彗星正朝曼哈頓飛來
Excuse me? The way the evening is going
你說什么, 以今晚的走勢來看
I thought you could only be calling with more good news.
我覺得你要說的肯定是好消息了
I don't know what kind of news this is,
我不知道這消息是好是壞
but Alfredo was here and he thought we should know
不過阿弗雷多剛來過,他說
that his sponsor just got a new blackmail demand
他的擔保人剛剛從查爾斯·米爾弗頓那里
from Charles Milverton.
收到了新的勒索條件
What do you think it means?
你覺得這是什么意思
Henry Eight.
亨利八世
You think his accomplice sent it?
你認為是他的幫兇發的
As Milverton's fail-safe, he would be privy
作為米爾弗頓的同伙,他會親自
to all aspects of the operation.
督導這次犯罪的各個方面
He possesses the same prurient material that Milverton did.
他有跟米爾弗頓相同的色情素材
But instead of exposing it, as he was supposed to...
但是他沒有像他應該的那樣曝光材料
He's using it to take over the business.
而是利用這些材料接管了這樁生意
Milverton's murder has been all over
米爾弗頓的遇害消息在新聞上
the news for hours now.
早已鋪天蓋地好幾個小時了
Henry Eight knows and doesn't care.
亨利八世知道此事,但他不在乎
Hmm. I can't recall the last time I was so thankful
我都不記得我上一次我如此感激
for the essential avarice of the human condition.
人類貪婪本性是什么時候的事了
You're happy about this?
你對此感到高興嗎
Milverton's plan has backfired.
米爾弗頓的計劃事與愿違
His fail-safe has shirked the duties for which he was hired.
他的同伙沒有做他被雇來應做的事
Which means, that for the moment, the secrets
這就意味著,至少現在來說
of Milverton's blackmail targets are safe.
米爾弗頓的勒索對象的秘密還沒被泄露
Abraham Zelner, as it turns out, was a pseudonym,
亞伯拉罕·澤爾內原來是個假名
but I still think that the fat man
但是我依然認為杜克·蘭德斯
represented by Duke Landers is Milverton's accomplice.
所代表的那個胖家伙就是米爾弗頓的共犯
You're gonna open up Lander's files again.
你要重新翻看蘭德斯的文件
Only lead we have at the moment, so, yes.
這是目前我們唯一的線索,所以是的
But not before tea. It's gonna be a long night.
不過先喝杯茶,這會是個漫長的夜晚
Thank you, Alfredo. You've been most helpful.
謝謝你,阿弗雷多,你幫了大忙
Want to, uh, check in with you about tomorrow before I go.
我想在走之前跟你確認一下明天的行程
We're going to a meeting.
我們要去互助會
You're getting your chip.
你會得到你的徽章
Yeah.
對了
About that. Um...
關于那件事
tomorrow's not really good for me.
明天恐怕不方便啊
Well, you're working, I get it. But...
你要工作,這我理解
your day is your day, man.
但我們說好了要去的,伙計
I promise, it'll only take a few minutes.
我保證就占用你幾分鐘時間
Look, Alfredo...
聽著,阿弗雷多
it's not the case, it's the chip.
跟案件無關,是那個徽章
I can't accept it.
我不能接受
I know that to most addicts
我知道對于大部分癮君子來說
it's a treasured token.
徽章是個珍貴的象征物
It's a very tangible representation of the their
這是他們的努力與決心的
hard work and determination, but...
有形的象征
I'm not most addicts.
但我跟那些人不同
To me it does not commemorate a period of success,
對我來說,它不是一段成功時期的紀念物
but rather, the end of a period of great failure.
而是一段失敗的人生的結束
I failed when I abused drugs and
濫用毒品是我的失敗
I would really rather not be reminded of that fact.
我不愿意,再回想起這個事實
I'm sorry if that's how you see it.
很抱歉你是這么想的
You know what I wish you got?
你知道我希望你明白什么嗎
Milestones like this one...
像現在這樣的轉折點
they're yours, but they're not about you.
是你取得的,但不是為了你
They're about all the people who haven't got there yet.
是為了那些還沒有做到的人
They see you do it, and they think why can't I?
他們看你做到了,就會想為什么我不能
You know, I know it's hard,
我知道這很艱難
but one of these days, you got to get over yourself.
但是總有一天,你要看開這些
I believe I've uncovered the real identity of Henry Eight.
我相信我已經知道亨利八世的真實身份了
It all starts with the corpulent Abraham Zelner.
這一切都源自胖胖的亞伯拉罕·澤爾內
It was an assumed identity used for
這個化名曾經用來
the expressed purpose of an obesity discrimination lawsuit.
提起過一起肥胖歧視訴訟
When the airline that Zelner sued
當被澤爾內起訴的航空公司
made its first lowball offer of settlement, he accepted.
第一次提出低價和解協議時,他接受了
Probably because he knew that his false identity
可能因為他知道他的虛假身份
would not stand up to scrutiny.
經不起仔細的推敲
This started me thinking.
這讓我想到
What if he'd done it before?
他之前會不會也這么做過
So, you think he sued other airlines?
所以你覺得他起訴過別的航空公司
Airlines, theaters, restaurants.
航空公司,劇院,餐館
To the professional fat man, these businesses
對一個專業的胖子來說,這些就是
are a veritable deep-fried buffet of nuisance lawsuits.
名符其實的要挾訴訟自助餐
Each one,
每一個
with a lucrative stream of income.
都帶來了豐厚的收入來源
I dove into the records of similar lawsuits filed
我暗中調查了在東海岸提出的
on the East Coast and focused only on those
類似訴訟的記錄,而且只專注于那些
that resulted in quick "Go away" payoffs.
以盡快私了告終的訴訟
Do you notice anything unusual about the names
你注意到這些原告的名字
of these plaintiffs?
有任何異常的地方嗎
Abraham Zelner, Brad Yates,
亞伯拉罕·澤爾內,布拉德·耶茨
Cory Xavier, Declan Winchell...
科里·澤維爾,迪克蘭·溫切爾
The initials,
是首字母
A.Z, B.Y., C.X.,
A和Z B和Y C和X
D.W. They represent a pattern. D和W
這是種規律
First name starts with an "A" and moves forward,
名字以A開頭,然后按字母表順序往后
the last names starts with "Z" and moves backward.
姓以Z開頭,然后反向往前
I believe they were all assumed by one man;
我認為他們都是同一個人的化名
the same man that Charles Milverton
即查爾斯·米爾弗頓在他的賬簿里
refers to in his ledger as Henry Eight.
稱作亨利八世的那個人
That's great, but it still doesn't tell us the real name.
太棒了,但這還是沒告訴我們他的真名
Nope. But it did help me find photographs
確實沒有,但是這幫助我發現了
of the plaintiffs in two of the nuisance suits.
這兩起要挾訴訟中原告的照片
One appeared in a Queen's newspaper
一張出現在皇后區報紙上
regarding the complaint of an Ethan Varner
是關于一個叫伊森·瓦納的人
against a tanning salon whose beds could not accommodate
抱怨一家日光浴會所的床無法容納
his prodigious girth.
他過人的腰身
Four years ago, the rotund Stuart Bloom
四年前,又矮又胖的斯圖爾特·布魯姆
sued a cineplex in Dover, Delaware
起訴特拉華州多佛的一家電影院
for excessively small seats. He received a $50,000 payoff.
座位過小,他得到了五萬美元的賠償
It's the same man.
這是同一個人
Stuart Bloom does not match the pattern.
斯圖爾特·布魯姆這個名字不符合規律
Does not. Because I believe it was his first lawsuit.
確實不,因為我認為這是他的第一起訴訟
You think that's his real name?
你認為這是他的真名
Abraham Zelner may not have a DMV record,
亞伯拉罕·澤爾內可能沒有車管局記錄
but Stuart Bloom most certainly does.
但是斯圖爾特·布魯姆顯然就有了
He lives in Staten Island.
他住在斯塔騰島區
Mr. Bloom.
布魯姆先生
It's so dark in here.
這兒太黑了
What is it?
這是什么
It's cat litter.
這是貓砂
I don't think this was put down for cats.
我覺得這不是為貓撒的
I think it was put down to absorb odors.
我覺得這是為了吸收氣味撒的
Very strong odors.
非常重的氣味
Captain Gregson, meet Stuart Bloom,
格雷森警監,來見見斯圖爾特·布魯姆
aka Henry Eight,
也就是亨利八世
aka Charles Milverton's accomplice.
也就是查爾斯·米爾弗頓的同謀
Looks like
看起來
he's been here about a week.
他已經在這兒躺了大概一周了
Note the bruise pattern on his chest.
注意他胸部的瘀青
Is that a boot print?
那是個鞋印嗎
Obviously the killer caught him unaware
很顯然兇手出其不意地抓住了他
as he drove his head beneath the water.
然后把他的頭強行按入水下
The body was too immense
尸體太大沒法移動
to remove, so rather than dismember him,
與其將他肢解
Milverton left behind a decade's worth of cat litter
米爾弗頓留下了足夠用十年的貓砂
to cover the stench of his decomposition.
來掩蓋尸體腐爛的惡臭
Wait a minute, you think Milverton did this?
等一下,你認為是米爾弗頓干的
Why not Anthony Pistone?
為什么不是安東尼·皮斯通
He killed Milverton.
他殺了米爾弗頓
He would've had motive to kill Bloom, too, no?
他也有殺死布魯姆的動機,不是嗎
The bruise on Bloom's chest
布魯姆胸部的淤青
suggests a shoe size between a six and an eight.
說明兇手的鞋碼在六到八號之間
Milverton was a seven.
米爾弗頓穿七號的鞋
Mr. Pistone a 12.
皮斯通先生穿十二號
Also the cat litter spread about all over the place.
還有這地方撒滿了貓砂
It's the same one that Milverton has in his home.
和米爾弗頓家里用的貓砂一樣
I recognize the scent quite vividly.
那種氣味,我辨別得出
We think if you run the credit cards,
如果你查下信用卡記錄
you'll find that he purchased
就會發現他幾周之前
an unusually large amount of the stuff a couple weeks ago.
買了遠超出正常量的貓砂
Any idea why Milverton would kill his partner in crime?
知道為什么米爾弗頓要殺害自己的搭檔嗎
Bloom wanted a raise?
布魯姆想加薪
I think the more pressing question, in my humble opinion,
恕我直言,我認為更緊要的問題
if Mr. Bloom hasn't taken over
應該是,如果不是布魯姆先生
the blackmailing business, then who has?
接管了勒索業務的話,那會是誰
Well, this is a surprise.
這可真讓人意外
I would've thought you would've covered
我以為這面墻
this wall with evidence by now.
會被你貼滿證據呢
I did. I took it down.
我貼了,又拿下來了
Put it back up again. Took it down again.
再貼上去,再拿下來
Not helpful, I take it.
對你沒幫助,我明白了
I've been through it all. So have you.
我已經深入考慮過,你也是
I need new data to move forward.
我需要新的資料以繼續調查
I will take another look at it
我睡覺之前
before I go to bed.
會再考慮一遍
You were right about the sobriety chips that I ordered.
關于我被授予戒毒徽章的事你說得沒錯
I was trying to get a rise. I was...
我是想引起你的注意
trying to spark a conversation.
想跟你談些事情
I told Alfredo that I, I could not accept
我告訴阿弗雷多我不想接受
my one-year chip
一周年徽章
'cause it would conjure memories
是因為它會喚醒我人生中
of a period of failure in my life.
那段失敗時期的記憶
That's not true.
我撒了謊
I cannot accept my one-year chip
我無法在一周年紀念日時
on my one-year anniversary because...
接受我的一周年徽章是因為
it's not my anniversary.
那不是我的一周年紀念日
Are you saying you relapsed?
你是說你復用過毒品嗎
It was a while ago. It was before I met you.
很久以前的事了,在遇到你之前
The day after I agreed to enter into rehab,
實際上,就在我同意入住
as a matter of fact.
康戒中心的的第二天
I had realized that my father was right.
我當時明白我父親是對的
I needed to repair myself.
我得戒掉毒癮
So I disposed of my drugs and destroyed my paraphernalia.
所以我處理掉毒品,毀掉了吸毒工具
The next day I entered Hemdale.
第二天就住進了漢德爾
The day after that...
但之后的一天
I got sick.
我生病了
And, uh, yeah, very sick.
很嚴重
So I devised a way to leave without being detected.
我想出了偷溜出去的方法
I got what I needed...
滿足了我的需要后
returned.
再溜回來
And that was the last time I took drugs.
那才是我吸毒的最后一天
Not the day before.
而不是之前一天
Sherlock, I understand why you're upset,
夏洛克,我明白你為什么沮喪
but we're talking about the difference of one day.
但這只不過相差一天
It does not change what you did in the 364 that followed.
這并未改變在之后364天里你的努力
I decided to stop using drugs, yes?
我已決定了不再吸毒
I decided, me.
我決定了,我自己
And then 24 hours later...
結果24小時之后
It sounds like a mere detail...
聽起來這只是純粹的細節
but I'm a man of details.
但我要求每個細節都完美
And-and it, it matters to me.
這對我很重要
Now, I know that I need to tell Alfredo,
我知道我得跟阿弗雷多談談
but it's, uh, proving difficult.
但很難開口
And it just didn't seem right to tell him before you.
而且感覺不應該在你之前先告訴他
What is it?
怎么了
Charles Milverton's autopsy report,
查爾斯·米爾弗頓的尸檢報告
which I would happily consider new data
如果他被槍殺時
were it not for the fact
我不在場的話
that I was there when he was gunned down.
也許就會認為這是新資料了
What?
怎么了
Uh, when you said that
你之前提到
Anthony Pistone stomped on Milverton's face,
安東尼·皮斯通踩傷了米爾弗頓的臉
I assumed it was all over,
我以為他整張臉都受傷了
but according to this, there's just damage to one side.
但看這些圖片,傷只集中在一側
They're gone.
不見了
What are?
什么不見了
His scars. There was patches of them here.
他的傷疤,原來這里有好幾處
Very distinctive.
非常獨特
Almost as though Pistone has targeted them.
就好像皮斯通是沖著它們去的
Mr. Pistone, such a pleasure to see you again.
皮斯通先生,很高興再次見到你
I was so glad to hear that you made bail this morning.
聽說你要今早要保釋出獄,很為你開心
Thanks. My attorney said you had
謝謝,我的律師說
some more questions for me before I go home.
在我回家之前你想問我幾個問題
Yeah. Remind us,
我們想再問你一次
when did you first identify Charles Milverton
你是什么時候知道查爾斯·米爾弗頓
as your blackmailer?
就是勒索你的人
A few nights ago, like I told you.
就前幾天的事,我說過了
We now have reason to believe
我們現在有理由相信
that you actually crossed paths before that.
在那之前,你就和他認識了
Charles Milverton was savagely beaten four months ago.
查爾斯·米爾弗頓四個月前曾受毆打
He had to go to an ER.
傷情嚴重進了急癥室
He said he was mugged, which is why
他聲稱被搶
the responding detectives took photographs,
所以辦案的警探拍了照片留下來
but we think he lied.
但我們覺得他在說謊
He gave varying descriptions of his mugger to the police.
在描述劫犯特征時,他說法前后不一
The doctor who treated him chalked that up to concussion,
雖然醫生說是腦震蕩的緣故
but we think it was more than that.
但我們認為事實遠非如此
We think that he couldn't tell the real story.
他無法說出實情
Which was that you found him and beat him until he surprised you
其實你早就找上門報仇,毒打了他
with an offer that you could not refuse:
但他的提議讓你停住了拳頭
a piece of his blackmailing business.
就是讓你在他的勒索生意中分一杯羹
See these gashes, left temple?
看見他左太陽穴上的傷痕了沒
Now these wounds bear a striking resemblance
這跟你戒指上的圖案
to the emblem on your ring.
非常相似
Milverton was left with these scars.
你知道米爾弗頓臉上的疤痕
You knew this.
會對你不利
So when the police closed in on you two nights ago,
所以前晚警察圍住你的時候
you trampled his face in a effort to obscure them.
你才會踩踏他的臉來消滅證據
You want to guess how many of these are out there?
這種戒指大街上到處都是
Mm. It's interesting that you failed to mention
還有件有趣的事
the other night that Karen is not your daughter,
你那晚并沒有提到
but your stepdaughter.
凱倫不是你親生的
According to your neighbors, you two fight a lot.
根據你鄰居的口供,你們經常吵架
You found Milverton months ago.
你幾個月前就找到了米爾弗頓
You intended to punish him, but he offered you
想要狠狠地懲罰他,但是
a piece of his operation in exchange for his life.
他為求保命提出跟你合伙
You needed the money.
而你正好需要錢
You took him up on his offer.
于是答應了他的提議
Charles now had two partners:
查爾斯這下有了兩個同伙
his fail-safe Stuart Bloom and you.
斯圖爾特·布魯姆和你
Someone had to go.
但他只需要一個后援
Milverton murdered Bloom. Maybe you put him up to it,
也許是受你逼迫,也許是他自己的主意
maybe he did it of his own volition.
總之他殺了布魯姆
Either way, I suspect a fifty-fifty split wasn't enough for you.
我猜五五分并沒能滿足你
These are theories, Captain. You're gonna need proof.
警監,光猜不行,你們得有證據
I agree. Which is why we conducted a thorough search
我同意,所以今早我們對你的委托人
of your client's business and home this morning.
的辦公室及住所進行了徹底搜查
We found this laptop
我們在他的辦公室
at his office.
找到了這臺筆記本
It's Milverton's.
是米爾弗頓的
You told me you smashed it. Threw it in a Dumpster.
但你說你把它砸爛扔進垃圾箱了
Funny thing is we didn't find it in your desk,
怪的是,筆記本不是在你的桌里
but in your brother's.
而是在你兄弟的桌里找到的
He's already confessed to being your partner,
他已經承認他像斯圖爾特·布魯姆幫
the Stuart Bloom to your Charles Milverton.
查爾斯·米爾弗頓那樣,做了你的同伙
He was the one who sent Ken Whitman
你被抓的那天
the new demand for money when
肯·惠特曼收到的勒索信
you were in police custody the other day.
其實是他送的
So it looks like you'll be spending
看樣子
a few more decades in prison than you thought.
你得回牢里去再蹲上幾十年了
Change your mind?
改主意了
I have not.
沒有
What are you doing here?
那你來干什么
You okay?
你沒事吧
There's something I'd like to discuss with you.
我有點事要跟你商量
Hey. I didn't hear you come in.
你什么時候回來的
You know me, stealthy as a shadow.
你知道的,我一向來無影去無蹤
How'd it go with Alfredo?
跟阿弗雷多談得怎么樣
Liberating.
被治愈了
As you predicted.
你說得對
I'm lucky to have him.
有他在是我的福氣
Look at the time.
時間到了
Happy real anniversary.
周年快樂
Regardless of the actual start date of my sobriety,
不管這什么紀念日是不是準確
I still have no interest in public celebrations,
我對公共慶典,勵志演講
speeches, encouragements or the bestowing of chips.
或是什么戒毒勛章授予儀式都不感興趣
I know.
了解
Found it at a secondhand store.
在二手店買的
It's dark. It's not just for anyone, but
暗黑系,不是誰都適合的
I thought it was very you.
但我覺得很像你
I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you.
我只想讓你知道,我在想著你