Both victims work for ZBZ Security.
兩名死者都是ZBZ保安公司的員工
Company has a contract
這家公司承包了
with the Turtle Bay Historical Society right next door.
隔壁海龜灣歷史社團的安保工作
Now, nothing's missing from the museum.
博物館什么都沒丟
We're canvassing the area
我們正在這片區域
for the gun, shooter, any possible witnesses.
搜尋兇槍,行兇者和可能的目擊者
So, thoughts?
有什么想法嗎
Holmes? Thoughts?
福爾摩斯,有想法嗎
Sorry, sorry.
抱歉
I was waiting for Miss Watson.
我在等華生小姐
I'm training her to analyze every environment
我在訓練她用真正偵探的銳利視角
with the keen eye of the true detective.
分析每一次的兇案環境
Watson, thoughts?
華生,有想法嗎
Looks like both men have been shot in the chest one time.
看樣子兩名死者都是胸口中槍,一槍斃命
Judging from the scuff marks on the concrete,
從地面痕跡來看
looks like they chased the suspect up here,
他們追著嫌犯來到這里
who then fired twice and then ran.
嫌犯開了兩槍之后逃跑
It's tough to say where he went.
很難判斷他去了哪里
The reason it's difficult to say where he ran
很難判斷他去了哪里
is that no one ran anywhere at all.
是因為他哪兒都沒去
Here we have two deceased gentlemen,
這里有兩位死者
both of them wearing the uniform of ZBZ.
都穿著ZBZ的制服
Or so it would appear.
或者看上去如此
This man's patches were recently sewn on,
這人的臂章是最近才縫上去的
and his clothes are store-bought,
他的衣服是店里買的
not made by a uniform company.
而不是制服公司統一定做的
So he was posing as a guard.
所以他在假扮保安
Nothing is missing from the museum,
博物館什么都沒丟
so we assume that he was looking for access to the parking lot.
那我們假設他是為了進停車場
It's easy to rifle through the cars
穿成保安的樣子
if you look like you work for the security firm.
要翻查車輛就很容易了
Now, what was in his pockets? Pockets?
他口袋里有什么,口袋
Pockets.
口袋
Yeah, see, you thought he was a victim,
看,你以為他是受害者
so you were looking for identification.
所以會找身份證
But here we have one, two, three, four
但現在我們有一,二,三,四
car registration cards.
四張車輛登記證
Each one has the owner's address on it.
每張都寫有車主的地址
See the game?
明白了嗎
Pick an expensive car, then you call an associate,
挑輛高檔車,打給同伙
who burgles the home of its owner while they're out.
趁屋主不在家入屋行竊
This man is a real security guard.
這人是真的保安
He saw this fellow lurking around, followed him.
他看到假保安行事鬼祟,就跟了過來
Bad man shoots good man.
壞人向好人開了一槍
Good man, while still alive,
好人還沒死
wrests control of gun from bad man, fires one shot.
把槍奪過來,向壞人開了一槍
Here we are.
就成這結果了
One more thing.
還有一件事
His cell phone.
他的手機
You're gonna check the last number he dialed;
你要看他最后一通撥出的電話
that's his partner.
那就是他的同伙
He's probably robbing a place right now.
說不定這會兒正在別人家行竊呢
Would you like to talk to the burglar?
你想跟那個小偷說話嗎
According to this, his name is Loco Maurice.
根據電話本,這人叫洛克·莫里斯
You mustn't allow your failure to discourage you.
你不能因為這一次的失敗而喪失信心
Didn't fail. Not discouraged.
我沒失敗,也沒喪失信心
You didn't solve the case, but you did notice
你沒破案,不過你確實注意到了
the incongruity of the scuff marks.
地面痕跡不一致
The next step is learning
下一步就是學習
to extrapolate your way to the truth.
推理出真相
Detection is not just a skill, Watson.
查案不僅是一種技巧,華生
It's a point of view.
更是看問題的角度
You must train yourself to be alert
你必須訓練自己時時注意
to the bizarre, the unusual,
奇怪的,不尋常的
that which has no place in any given picture.
與周圍格格不入的事
Like that stretch limo
比如那輛加長型豪華轎車
with the driver staring straight at us?
司機還直盯著我們看
Sherlock Holmes?
您是夏洛克·福爾摩斯嗎
My name's Crabtree.
我叫克雷布里特
We got your name from a Mr. Musgrave in London.
我們從倫敦的馬斯格雷夫先生那聽聞大名
Local police told us we'd find you here.
這里的警察告訴我們能在這找到您
You say "we".
你說"我們"
All I see is a you.
你卻只身一人
I'm a driver and attaché
我是萊登工業
for Mr. Gerald Lydon of Lydon Industries.
杰拉爾德·萊登先生的司機兼隨從
You know the company?
您知道這家公司嗎
You make everything from Scotch Tape
你們從透明膠帶,到金剛鉆焊接鉆頭
to diamond-tipped drill bits.
什么都做
Well, we have all the tape and drill bits that we need.
我們的膠帶和鉆頭都夠用了
Thank you very much.
非常感謝
Mr. Lydon has a proposal for you.
萊登先生想給你一個提議
I sit before you a lucid man.
坐在你面前的是個聰明人
Vital, I might say.
可以說是很重要的人
I hold 18 patents
我58歲時
and I can do 11 pull-ups at age 58.
拿到了18項專利,能做11次引體向上
And I own exactly 16 forks.
而我正好有16把叉子
I'm not entirely sure
我不太明白
what we're supposed to be comparing.
我們要比較什么
Well, the point, Mr. Holmes, is that in my good moments,
福爾摩斯先生,重點是,在我的黃金時期
I'm every bit the man I was.
我無所不能
But there are fewer and fewer of those
但現在卻每況愈下
because I have dementia.
因為我得了癡呆癥
And it's getting worse,
情況越來越糟
which is why Ms. Tompkins is following me around.
因此湯普金斯女士才一直陪著我
You have my condolences.
深表同情
I don't want your condolences.
我不要你的同情
I want your help.
我要你幫忙
Have you ever heard
你聽說過
of hereditary cerebral amyloid angiopathy?
遺傳性腦淀粉樣血管病嗎
Hereditary CAA.
遺傳性CAA
It's a genetic disorder.
是種遺傳病
Less than 20,000 cases recorded.
全世界不到兩萬例
Dementia is one of the early symptoms.
癡呆就是早期癥狀
And death is the final symptom.
死亡是最終癥狀
And when it comes to me, it will complete my murder,
而對我來說,這樣就能成功謀殺我
because somebody did this to me, and I need you to find out who.
有人害我得此病,我要你查清是誰
So, it's a hereditary disorder.
這是種遺傳病
You have to be born with it.
意思是你生來就有
And there's no history of it in my family.
我沒有這個家族病史
They can do a lot of things in labs now, you know.
現在實驗室里什么都能研究出來
And I've consulted with some of the top geneticists,
我咨詢過幾名頂尖的遺傳學專家
and they tell me that it's possible
他們告訴我有可能
that somebody gave me this disease,
是別人害我得這病的
because they want me out of power!
因為他們要趕我下臺
With all due respect,
恕我直言
maybe these geneticists are right.
也許這些遺傳學專家說得對
"Possible" does not mean "likely".
但"有可能"不表示"會發生"
It just means it's not impossible.
只代表不是沒有可能
That's what my family says, that's what the police say,
我家人也這么說,警方也這么說
that I'm paranoid, that I'm delusional.
他們都說我瘋了,有妄想癥
I hate to say this, but those are also symptoms of CAA.
我很不想這么說,但這些也是CAA的癥狀
Look, they tell me that you're the best.
他們說你是最好的
Mr. Holmes, what will it cost to buy you over to my side?
福爾摩斯先生,你要怎樣才答應幫我
I only take cases when I believe I'm acting in good faith.
我只在確信有疑點時才會接下案子
Now, since I think that naturally occurring dementia
而現在我覺得非人為造成的癡呆
is by far and away the most likely explanation
顯然是你這種情況最好的解釋
for your plight, I would not be doing that.
所以我不會接這案子
Would you pull over, please, Crabtree?
能請你靠邊停車嗎,克雷布里特
I really am truly sorry.
我深感抱歉
And I wish you the best of luck.
也祝你好運
I read the last stack of books.
你給我的那堆書我看完了
No questions... asked.
沒什么問題,要問
But, uh, Jeremy Bentham is a utilitarian philosopher.
但杰里米·邊沁是個功利主義哲學家(英國哲學家)
That has nothing to do with being a detective.
這跟做偵探有什么關系
Bentham is the father of modern criminology.
邊沁是近代犯罪學之父
He said that crime is the result of free will.
他說罪案是自由意志的產物
Uh, you're gonna put the acid away
我們去開門之前
before we answer the door, right?
你會把酸收起來的,對吧
Delivery for you, Mr. Holmes.
您的快遞,福爾摩斯先生
Thank you, Crabtree, but I'm afraid I...
謝謝,克雷布里特,恐怕我...
Oh, my God.
老天爺啊
Is that...?
這是...
A bee in a box? Yes, it is.
盒子里的蜜蜂,的確是
Fairly unimpressive as far as bribes go.
這該是最無法收買人的賄賂了吧
Not if you're an apiculturist.
養蜂人可不會這么說
That's an Osmia Avoseta-- solitary bee
這是石巢蜂,一種獨居蜂
famed for building exquisite nests from flower petals.
以用花瓣筑成精致的蜂巢而聞名
It's on the verge of extinction.
已經快絕種了
Crabtree, this is exquisite.
克雷布里特,這太貴重了
I cannot accept it.
我不能接受
Please tell Mr. Lydon not to contact me again.
請告訴萊登先生不要再找我了
I told him you are a man of convictions.
我跟他說過,你是個立場堅定的人
Perhaps now he'll believe me.
也許現在他會相信了
This is ridiculous. Single stick is your hobby.
太荒謬了,單棍是你的愛好
It's not gonna help me solve crimes.
又不能幫我破案
Aim for the pate.
瞄準頭頂
Good morning, Captain.
早上好,警監
Are you in bed with a guy named Gerald Lydon?
你是不是跟杰拉爾德·萊登扯上關系了
He tried to hire me. I declined.
他想雇我,不過我拒絕了
Well, that's not what he thinks.
他可不這么想
You should get down here. He's asking for you.
你得過來一下,他要見你
Why?
為什么
I don't know, but we just arrested him.
不知道,不過我們剛把他逮捕了
He shot his driver-- guy named Crabtree.
他槍殺了他的司機,克雷布里特
He's being charged with murder.
現在被控謀殺
Lydon says he can't remember.
萊登說他記不起來了
His nurse witnessed the whole thing, though.
不過他的護士目睹了一切
There was some kind of episode..
他貌似發病了...
Yeah, well, I've been patient. Excuse me.
好了,我夠有耐心的了,請讓開
I want to see my father!
我想見我爸爸
No-Hey, that's not gonna happen, okay?
不行,這是不允許的,懂嗎
Your dad killed somebody. This is a crime scene.
你爸爸殺了人,這是兇案現場
You guys got to step back.
你們得退后
My father is sick.
我父親有病
Lydon's sons.
萊登的兒子
They're hands-on.
他們很有經驗
Anyway, he's asking for you.
總之,他要見你
Says you're the only one he'll see.
他說他非你不見
Crabtree worked for me for 23 years.
克雷布里特為我工作了23年
I know his partner; I helped them adopt their daughter.
我認識他的另一半,還幫他們收養了女兒
I don't know how I could think that he would hurt me.
我不明白怎么會覺得他要傷害我
I'm-I'm having a hard time holding on
我現在很難分清
to what's real and what isn't.
事情的真假
Uh, this-this conviction
我確信這病
that someone did this to me...
是別人加害于我
...I don't know where it comes from.
我不知道怎么會有這種想法
And maybe it is a delusion, but everything in my life
也許真是妄想,但我生活中的一切
feels so slippery, except for that.
都顯得很不可靠,除了那個想法
That feels solid.
我對它深信不疑
Help me!
幫幫我
Hey, why do you have the box with the bee in it?
你怎么拿著這個裝蜜蜂的盒子
We took Gerald Lydon's case.
我們接手了杰拉爾德·萊登的案子
We did?
不是不接的嗎
Well, frankly, I couldn't say no to him.
說實話,我難以拒絕他
It would have felt like denying a dying man his last wish.
就像要拒絕垂死之人的遺愿
We are taking this home,
我們先把這個帶回家
and then we're going to the genetics lab
然后去那個為他確診的
which confirmed his diagnosis.
遺傳實驗室
At Watt Helix, we always say our work isn't just about genetics.
在瓦特遺傳學實驗室,我們的工作不僅圍繞遺傳學
It's about healthier food. It's about a longer life.
還包括更健康的食品,助你延長壽命
It's about you.
我們要造福每一個人
Utter pabulum.
純粹的精神鴉片
You'd think corporate science would maintain
這會讓你覺得商業科學
some vestige of dignity.
還殘存著一絲節操
His portrait was painted by Kirian Boyd;
他的肖像是基里安·博伊德畫的
that's impressive.
真厲害
This place is a tower of ego.
自負的感覺無處不在
So, you're Sherlock Holmes?
看來,你就是夏洛克·福爾摩斯了
And Joan Watson, right?
你是喬恩·華生,對吧
Yes. Hi.
沒錯,你好
I'm Raph Keating; I'm president here.
我叫拉斐爾·基廷,是這里的總裁
This is Natasha Kademan.
這位是娜塔莎·凱德曼
She heads up the medical research team.
她領導著醫療研究小組
'Tash, meet Holmes and... Watson.
小塔,跟福爾摩斯和華生問聲好
Natasha Kademan. I know that name.
娜塔莎·凱德曼,我聽過這個名字
You wrote your dissertation
你發表過一篇名為
on "The Warrior Gene", did you not?
《勇士基因》的專題論文,是吧
Ms. Kademan conducted a study which many say
凱德曼女士進行了一項研究
isolated the gene responsible for sociopathic behavior.
號稱可以隔離誘發反社會行為的基因
Sterling work.
很棒的工作
And why are you plowing these fields?
但現在你怎么搞起這個了
My funding dried up.
資金短缺
The receptionist said you have a question about Gerald Lydon.
接待員說你們想了解杰拉爾德·萊登的事
Lydon thinks someone gave him CAA?
萊登說有人害他得了CAA
Did you know about this?
你知道這事嗎
Sure. He used to talk about it when he came in.
當然,他剛來時經常掛在嘴邊
It sounded... delusional.
聽起來像是妄想
And it may well be.
可能吧
But Mr. Lydon insists that geneticists,
但萊登先生堅持說
whose names escape him at the moment,
某些遺傳學家的話
assure him that it is technically possible.
使他確信在技術上那是可能的
You diagnosed his condition,
你們診斷了他的病情
your lab has researched the disease extensively.
你們實驗室對這種疾病做了全面的研究
Is it?
可行嗎
I guess if you had unlimited money,
我想如果你們有花不完的錢
a great lab,
和一個好的實驗室
you probably could do it.
也許的確能做到
The CAA comes from a mutation of the APP gene.
CAA來自于APP基因的變異
There may be seven people out there
大概有七個人
that might be able to crack it.
有能力破解這種變異
Could I have their names and addresses, please?
可以把他們的姓名和住址給我嗎
Seriously?
你說真的
Hey, what's this?
這是什么
You're a detective now; you tell me.
你現在是偵探,你說呢
Uh, it looks like
看來
you left your dry cleaning ticket for me. Yes.
你把干洗票留給我了, 是的
The reason being... as well as being colleagues,
理由是... 除了同事關系以外
we are now embarking on a quite unusual domestic partnership,
我們還有一層非同尋常的家庭伙伴關系
so we should aggregate our errands, not duplicate them.
所以家務事我們該分工合作,避免重復勞動
So, I get the dry cleaning and you get what?
那么,我去取干洗的衣物,你呢
I shall clean our refrigerator once monthly. Agreeable?
我會一個月清理一次冰箱,同意否
You should pick that up early.
你最好早點取
We're leaving for Norway tomorrow.
我們明天要去挪威
What?
什么
I've been delving into
我深入研究了一下
our "Magnificent Seven" Geneticists,
七大遺傳學家
and I have discovered a connection
從中發現了一個
which merits further exploration.
值得深入挖掘的聯系
This is Dr. Ingvald Moller.
這位是因瓦德·摩勒博士
He runs a lab in Oslo,
他在奧斯陸有家實驗室
which specializes in the study
致力于罕見的
of rare genetic disorders.
遺傳紊亂研究
He looks very...
他看起來很像
Scandinavian. He does.
斯堪的納維亞人, 確實
Now, his lab is affiliated with the National University,
他的實驗室隸屬于國立大學
which means it's publically funded, and yet Dr. Moller
也就是公立的,可是最近摩勒博士
recently put a down payment on a home on the Geiranger Fjord,
在蓋朗厄爾峽灣給一棟房子交了首付
which was once owned by the Norwegian royal family.
那里曾經屬于挪威皇室
Lovely place.
很不錯的地方
Well outside what a public servant could afford.
完全不是一個公務員能負擔得起的
And interestingly, his loan papers were cosigned
有趣的是,他的借貸文件
by one Carter Lydon.
是卡特·萊登擔保的
Okay, so you think that Carter paid this guy to figure out
好吧,你的意思是卡特花錢雇他
how to give his father CAA. Interesting.
讓他爸患上CAA 挺有意思的
But why do we have to go to Norway?
不過我們為什么非得去挪威
Carter Lydon lives right here.
卡特·萊登就住在這里啊
I would rather question a scientist
我更愿意盤問一個科學家
than a businessman.
而不是商人
And Norway has fjords and glaciers,
而且挪威有峽灣和冰川
and women reared on a diet of wild-caught salmon.
那里的女人都是吃野生鮭魚長大的
Oh, that explains it.
這才是重點吧
Looks like a molecule.
像是個分子結構圖
"The thing itself"-- that's a weird way to put it.
"事物的本質" 措辭真奇怪
The Warrior Gene.
《勇士基因》
The Warrior Gene-- where's the dissertation?
《勇士基因》 那篇專題論文在哪
This is Natasha Kademan's monograph.
這是娜塔莎·凱德曼的專論
I seem to remember something in the conclusion.
我記得在結論里有什么來著
"When it comes to understanding sociopathic behavior,
"若要理解反社會行為
understanding the warrior gene is paramount.
最首要的是理解勇士基因
It is the thing itself."
這才是事物的本質"
So Natasha sent this.
所以這個是娜塔莎發的
She knows what's going on.
她知道發生了什么事
Now she's panicking.
現在她很恐慌
Now she's trying to figure out her next move.
現在她在想下一步該怎么做
And if she's as smart as she seems to be,
如果她真有那么聰明
now she's realizing we are her best option.
現在她該意識到我們是她最好的選擇
Ms. Kademan?
凱德曼女士
Hello?
有人在嗎
We found electrician's tape covering the lock
我們發現一個后門的鎖頭上
on one of the back doors.
包著電工膠布
It looks like someone slipped in to commit a burglary,
看來是有人溜進來行竊
found Ms. Kademan working late.
發現凱德曼女士在加班
What were they trying to burgle, blood samples?
他們想偷什么,血樣嗎
No, I think not.
我看不是吧
Ms. Kademan's murder was connected
凱德曼女士的死和
to the Gerald Lydon case.
杰拉爾德·萊登的案子有關
The Gerald Lydon case is closed.
杰拉爾德·萊登的案子已經結案了
I'm not talking about the murder of his chauffeur.
我不是指他司機的謀殺案
I am talking about the investigation into who gave
我是指調查是誰
the man a substance which induced his CAA.
給他下毒誘發CAA的事
Our most promising suspect at the moment
目前最大的嫌疑人
is Lydon's son, Carter.
是萊登的兒子,卡特
CAA is inherited; you can't just give it to somebody.
CAA是遺傳病,不可能隨便就讓人得了
Ms. Kademan thought it was possible.
凱德曼女士覺得這可以辦到
In fact, she thought that's exactly what happened.
實際上,她認為事實就是如此
You believe her?
你相信她嗎
She made someone nervous enough
她讓兇手緊張得
to stab her half a dozen times.
整整捅了她六刀
I'm inclined to explore further.
我想再進行深入調查
I can also tell you
我也可以告訴你
this was no robbery.
這絕不是搶劫案
That portrait...
那幅肖像畫
was done by Kirian Boyd.
是基里安·博伊德畫的
It is by far the most valuable object in here.
它是目前所知這間屋子里最貴重的東西
Oh, but it was until it was stained
不過它沾上了幾滴兇手的血之后
with several drops of the killer's blood.
價值也大打折扣
The victim's blood is all over the place.
這里到處都是死者的血
What makes you think that came from the killer?
為什么你會覺得畫上的血跡是兇手的
Excellent question.
問得太好了
Watson.
華生,你來
Well,
那個
the spatters on the floor indicate that she was
地上濺開的血跡形態表明
facing away from the portrait when she was stabbed.
她在被害的的時候并不是面對著這幅畫
Um, all of her wounds are on her anterior side,
而鑒于她所有的傷口都在正面
so it's tough to see how her blood ended up on the portrait.
所以很難想象她的血會濺到畫上
Um, now if she tried to fight back, then...
但如果她試圖反擊的話,那...
Then it's easy to see how a blow to the killer's face
那就很容易想象對著兇手的迎面一擊
might result in those stains.
會把血濺到畫上
Kudos, Watson.
值得表揚,華生
Adequately done.
描述得充分細致
Oh, my God.
老天
'Tash.
小塔
Who's that?
那是誰
Victim's fiance?
死者的未婚夫
Came down for the I.D..
過來指認尸體
I knew that she was working with a dementia patient
我知道她在為一個叫杰拉爾德·萊登的
named Gerald Lydon, but 'Tash never told me
癡呆癥病人治療,但小塔從沒告訴過我
that she thought somebody dosed him.
她認為是有人對他下毒
I'm-I'm a geneticist, too, so I'm pretty sure
我也是遺傳學家,所以我肯定
she would've said something.
如果她有發現一定會告訴我
Honestly, I thought you were gonna ask me
老實說,我還以為你們會問我
about that guy Benny.
那個叫本尼的人
Benny?
本尼
Cordaro?
科達羅
Cordero?
還是科德羅來著
He was in prison for stabbing someone
他在小塔研究勇士基因期間
when 'Tash was doing her warrior gene research.
因為故意傷人罪入獄
He claimed that she used his blood without permission.
他聲稱她未經允許就使用了他的血樣
He came down here, like, a month ago to scream at her.
他大概一個月之前來這里,對她大吼大叫
Well, we'll look into it.
好的,我們會跟進調查的
Oh, I haven't seen those since organic chem.
上完有機化學課后,我就再沒見過那些模型
Natasha thought you could induce CAA.
娜塔莎認為CAA可以人為誘發
You think that's how you do it?
所以你才擺弄這些模型嗎
Certainly seems possible.
看來完全有可能
But this-Oh, don't touch.
但這... 別亂碰
Obviously, this is a rendering of a molecule,
顯然,這是一種分子的結構示意圖
but the elements aren't labeled, so I can't tell which molecule.
但元素并沒有標注,所以我不知道是哪種分子
Until I do, I can't say for certain.
在我知道之前,我還不能肯定
Well, she did give you a list of the best geneticists
她不是給了你一份全球最頂尖的遺傳學家名單
in the world; have you thought about asking one of them?
你不能找他們其中一個問問嗎
You mean our pool of suspects?
你是說去問我們的嫌疑人嗎
Hmm. If I haven't decoded this thing by morning,
要是明早我還沒破譯這個示意圖
we'll send it to someone unconnected with the case.
我們就去找個和案子無關的人問問
I worked hard on that dinosaur.
我費了好大勁才搭好那個怪物
I spent some time with that picture Natasha sent last night.
昨晚我研究了一下娜塔莎發來的那張圖片
I figured out most of the elements,
我推測出了大部分的元素構成
and then the rest I sent on to my old genetics professor.
剩下的我請教了以前的遺傳學教授
In the middle of the night?
大半夜去請教
Well, he has insomnia, so he's always up
他有失眠,反正兩點到四點
2:00 and 4:00 anyway.
也總是睡不著
You were romantically involved
你和你的遺傳學老師
with your genetics instructor.
關系不一般啊
Jerry was amazed by this.
杰瑞對這張圖很是驚訝
He said it was like looking at something
他說感覺就像在看
out of Leonardo da Vinci's sketchbook.
列奧納多·達芬奇的寫生簿
It's a man-made chemical
這是多環烴族的
from the polycyclic hydrocarbon family.
一種人工合成化合物
It's like we thought.
就如我們所想
This is a mutagen
這是一種能夠
that targets the stretch of the genome
誘導控制遺傳性CAA的
that is responsible for hereditary CAA.
基因組突變的誘變劑
That's quite beautiful.
干得真漂亮
So,
所以
all we have to do now is prove
我們現在只要能證明有人
that someone paid a genius to develop this
花錢請了一位天才開發了這種物質
and then used it on Gerald Lydon.
并把它用在了杰拉爾德·萊登身上就行了
That should be a fascinating day's work.
那真是讓人著迷的工作
It's cold. Did you pick up my sweaters?
好冷,你去取了我的毛衣嗎
Seriously?
你說真的嗎
I will thank you for the molecular formula
等我足夠暖和了之后
when I'm sufficiently warm to do so.
會為分子式的事向你道謝的
Hi.
你好
She say, "Wait one second, almost commercial".
她說"等一會,馬上放廣告了"
She say she never seen you before.
她說以前沒見過你
Uh, I'm here for a friend.
是啊,我是替朋友取衣服
Wow, that's quite a coat.
那件大衣真厚實
It's warm.
也很保暖
Um, don't you want money?
你不收錢嗎
She says $75.
她說75塊
For four sweaters?
四件毛衣就要這么多
Okay, $19 then.
好吧,那19塊
Um, could I get a receipt?
可以給我一張收據嗎
No.
不可以
So, Benny, you're saying
本尼,你說
you were mad at Ms. Kademan.
你對凱德曼女士很惱火
Hell yeah, I was mad at her.
沒錯,我對她很惱火
I signed up for her study to get brownie points
我報名參加了她的研究
with the parole board.
為假釋贏點印象分
She called me an incurable sociopath.
她說我是無藥可救的反社會分子
You think that didn't add time to my sentence?
那不是擺明了要讓老子加刑嗎
So you went to Ms. Kademan's office a few weeks ago
所以你在幾周前去凱德曼的辦公室威脅她
to threaten her, and last night you killed her.
然后在昨晚殺了她
No.
我沒有
You don't have an alibi.
你沒有不在場證明
Yeah, but it wasn't like that.
沒錯,但我沒干過
What's with Main Moon Dry Cleaning?
那個主要月亮干洗店是怎么回事
I'll admit the new management is not much for efficiency,
我承認新的經營模式不夠高效
but I find them charming.
不過我覺得挺有意思
That's Benjamin Cordero.
那個就是本杰明·科德羅
Career blackmailer, general blackguard.
職業敲詐犯,典型的流氓
Also innocent of the murder of Natasha Kademan,
但不是殺害娜塔莎·凱德曼的兇手
which I would very much like to get back to solving.
所以我又要重新推理了
We don't need your DNA, genius.
我們不需要你的DNA 自作聰明的家伙
You're a convicted felon.
你是個有前科的罪犯
We got a sample on file.
我們有你的樣本記錄
Which means you got a very short window
給你考慮是否和我們合作的
to cooperate with us.
時機非常短暫
So, you want to make a statement?
所以,你有什么要說的嗎
You delay, but time will not!
你可以拖延,但時不我待
That's a quote--
那是引用名人名言
Benjamin Franklin. I know who said it.
本杰明·富蘭克林說的, 我知道是誰說的
I just don't know why you're shouting it through the mirror!
我只是不知道你為什么要在鏡子后面吼
This crime has a certain elegance to it.
這個案子是經過精心設計的
It involves careful planning, scientific innovation,
它包括周密的計劃,科學的研究
a country home in the Norwegian Fjords.
還有挪威峽灣的鄉間基地
That prosaic individual has no place in it.
那個凡夫俗子不可能有這個本事
He had beef with Natasha Kademan.
他和凱德曼有過節
He's been to jail for a stabbing.
還因為傷人罪被判刑
Okay by you if we run his DNA?
我們查一下他的DNA你沒有意見吧
It's not my place to tell you your job.
我沒資格指導你的工作
But by the time you get your results back,
但等你們拿到檢測結果的時候
I will be that much closer to proving that someone,
我已經離發現真兇更進一步了
most probably Carter Lydon working in concert
最有嫌疑的是卡特·萊登
with a Norwegian geneticist,
他和一個挪威遺傳學家合作
poisoned Gerald Lydon with a hitherto
用一種迄今為止不為人知的化合物
nonexistent compound
毒害了杰拉爾德·萊登
and then murdered Natasha Kademan
在娜塔莎·凱德曼發現
when she found out what they were up to.
他們的計劃后,殺了她
Oh, I take it back.
我收回我剛才的話
Your version sounds much more plausible.
你的觀點聽起來更合理
Sorry, you think there's actually something
你們認為我父親的事
to my dad's story?
另有蹊蹺嗎
We do.
是的
And we think that elements within the company
我們認為公司內部的一些事情
may be responsible.
可能與其有關
Elements? What elements?
事情,什么事情
I'd rather not say.
我還不能說
What I would like
我希望
is root access to your company's servers.
得到進入公司服務器的權利
We may be able to build a case by tracking e-mails.
這樣也許能通過追蹤郵件找出問題
Uh, I mean, I don't know if I can do that, guys.
我不知道我能否幫到你們
I mean, there are big changes coming here.
公司正在進行大范圍調整
I don't even know what job I'm gonna have next week.
我都不知道下周我的工作會是什么
Your job? We're talking about your father.
你的工作,我們在說你父親的事
My father doesn't need your help.
我父親不需要你們的幫助
That's for him to determine.
這由他說了算
Thanks for your text. Mm-hmm.
謝謝你的短信, 不客氣
And actually, it's not my dad's decision.
事實上,這不是我父親的決定
He was declared legally incompetent this morning.
今早他已被診斷為無行為能力的人
Your services are no longer needed.
你們的服務結束了
Get out.
出去
Actually, our contract with your father calls
事實上,我們和你父親的合同規定
for termination in writing, countersigned by both parties.
服務關系終止需要雙方簽字的書面證明
Sign here.
簽在這里
It worked.
有效果
The thing with the termination letter.
那張終止合作的紙
I mean, obviously we don't even have
盡管我們并沒有和
a contract with Gerald Lydon,
杰拉爾德·萊登簽合同
but I noticed that Carter bites his nails.
但我發現卡特有咬指甲的習慣
People who bite their nails tend
喜歡咬指甲的人也會
to chew writing implements as well.
有咬筆頭的習慣
Well, he never asked for it back.
他沒把筆要回去
You know, maybe we can get a DNA sample.
所以我們可以從筆上提取DNA樣本
If he killed Natasha, then we've got him.
如果他是兇手,我們就有證據了
I just need a plastic bag.
我只是需要一個證物袋
Not a bad gambit, Watson, though a hair sample would be better.
是個不錯的開始,華生,但頭發樣本更好
A hair sample?
頭發樣本
What do you want from me?
你想讓我做什么
Nothing. I have a sample already.
沒什么,我已經有樣本了
Carter, like many people who slick their hair back,
和大多數向后梳頭發的人一樣
carries a comb, so I picked his pockets.
卡特隨身帶著梳子,我偷來了
If you want to be a detective,
如果你想成為一名偵探
you should get in the habit of carrying evidence bags.
就該養成隨時帶證物袋的習慣
Detective Bell.
貝爾警探
We may well have cracked the case.
我們可能很快就能破案了
Benny Cordero's DNA came back a match
本尼·科德羅的DNA
for the blood at the scene.
和犯罪現場的血液相吻合
I hate to burst your bubble,
可能要讓你掃興了
but we're booking him for murder.
但我們已經定罪了
There's no my blood. No way, no how.
現場有我的血跡,不可能
It's not even possible.
這不可能
Look, we test 13 different genetic markers.
我們檢測了13組基因標記
Every single one of them was a perfect match.
每一個都和現場血跡完全吻合
Then somebody set me up.
那就是有人陷害我
Look, I know this looks bad.
我知道這看起來像我干的
Doesn't look like anything.
不是看起來
We know what happened.
我們知道發生了什么
It's over.
案件結束了
W-What if I did have an alibi?
如果我有不在場證據呢
I live in this courtyard building,
我住的地方是庭院式建筑
and the couple across the way,
住在對面的夫妻
they don't close their blinds that much.
不怎么拉窗簾
I notice stuff
我發現
with the husband and the nanny.
丈夫和保姆偷情
Just holding hands first, then some kissing.
先是拉著手,之后是接吻
So the night the Kademan lady got killed,
凱德曼被殺那晚
I got my camera out, I put the zoom lens on.
我拿出照相機,安上變焦鏡頭
So you're saying your alibi is that you were home,
所以你的不在場證據是你在家
taking blackmail shots of one of your neighbors?
偷拍你的鄰居,想用此敲詐他們
Well... yeah.
就,是啊
Are these the same sweaters I picked up yesterday?
這是我昨天取回來的毛衣嗎
You're a detective now. You tell me.
你現在是個偵探,你告訴我
Yes, same sweaters.
是的,一樣的毛衣
You left them outside my room by accident?
你是碰巧丟在我門口的嗎
I was setting up to practice my calligraphy
我剛拆開干洗的衣服時
at the same time i was unpacking the dry cleaning.
正在準備練習書法的用具
There was a mishap.
不小心弄臟了
We agreed that you were in charge of the dry cleaning,
我們同意由你負責干洗問題
but we didn't say how often you'd have to go.
但并沒說你多久要做一次
Fine, well, I'm picking another place.
好吧,我換一家干洗店
When they're your clothes,
如果是你的衣服
you're free to go wherever you like.
你隨意選干洗店
My clothes have to go to Main Moon.
我的衣服一定要送到主要月亮去
I'm sensitive to the chemicals in dry cleaning,
我對于干洗用的化學劑很敏感
and they use only the gentlest emollients.
他家用的是最溫和的柔順劑
Really? Yes.
真的嗎, 是的
Now, as much as I love dry cleaning,
現在,盡管我喜歡干洗這個話題
I'm trying to get some thinking done.
但我正在想別的問題
Oh, so you still think Benny Cordero didn't kill Natasha?
你還是不相信兇手是本尼·科德羅
Never mind the fact that no one plans a blackmail
首先,沒有人能在同一個晚上
and commits murder on the same evening,
計劃勒索和謀殺兩件事情
the man has no connection to the Lydons,
其次,這人和萊登家族沒有聯系
and his supposed victim
而受害者
texted us the formula for inducing CAA
在被刺前20分鐘
and got stabbed 20 minutes later.
將誘發CAA的分子結構發給了我們
Can't be a coincidence.
這不可能是巧合
I'm trying to think of alternative explanations.
我在思考其他解釋
Possibility one
解釋一
is obvious, which is why Mr. Cordero
很明顯,就像科德羅
put it forth himself.
辯解的那樣
Someone got ahold of his blood
有人拿到了他的血液樣本
and then planted it at the crime scene.
把它布置在案發現場
Not unheard of,
也不是沒發生過
but also an investigative dead end.
但是無法繼續追查
I can't prove that it didn't happen.
我不能證明這事沒有發生過
I get absolutely nowhere looking into it.
完全無從下手
There's no evidence that anyone other than Benny Cordero
沒有證據表明當晚除了本尼·科德羅
was at Watt Helix that night,
還有人在瓦特遺傳學實驗室出現
which is why I'm considering possibility two.
我從這個角度思考第二種可能性
It's blank.
紙上是空白的
Possibility two has stubbornly refused to reveal itself.
解釋二一直不愿意現身
Well, keep staring at the wall.
繼續盯著墻看吧
I'm sure it's hiding in there somewhere.
它也許藏在某個地方呢
Hi again.
你好
Little accident with the sweaters.
干洗毛衣
Slow day yesterday?
昨天生意不好嗎
She say, "Why you ask that?"
她問你為什么這么問
So she understands English, she just doesn't speak it?
她能聽懂英語但不會說嗎
I'm only asking because, uh,
我問是因為
that mink coat is in the same exact place
那件貂皮大衣掛的地方跟
it was yesterday, so that means
我昨天來時一樣,也就是說
that hasn't been turned on since I left.
我走后一直沒生意
She say, "Slow day yesterday."
她說昨天生意不好
Do dry cleaners get robbed a lot?
干洗店經常被搶嗎
I just noticed that you have
我只是發現
six very expensive security cameras here
你店里有六個很昂貴的攝像頭
and then two more at the front door.
門口還有兩個
Seems like a lot.
似乎太多了點
They came when we buy place.
我們買下這個地方的時候就有了
Problem?
有問題嗎
No, that's not...
沒有
That's not a problem.
沒問題
Thanks.
謝謝
I figured it out.
我明白了
I-I'm sorry to interrupt,
不好意思打擾一下
um, but I know exactly what you were up to.
但我知道你的目的是什么了
I sincerely doubt that.
我表示懷疑
Would you excuse us for a moment?
能給我們幾分鐘嗎
There is a reason why you keep sending me to Main Moon.
你不斷讓我去主要月亮是有原因的
They don't do any business, they don't even know
他們根本不做生意,他們不知道
how much to charge, and they have a load of security cameras.
收多少錢,他們還有很多攝像頭
There's definitely something going on.
里面一定有貓膩
Watson, I admire your enthusiasm.
華生,我很欣賞你的熱情
I have no idea what you're on about.
但我不知道你在說什么
You wanted me to notice.
你想讓我注意到
I wanted my sweaters.
我想要我的毛衣
Now, I know I have counseled you to be alert,
盡管我建議你警覺一點
but that doesn't mean that there is a conspiracy lurking
并不是說每件事情后
behind every door.
都有陰謀
Okay, so what are you up to then?
好吧,那你在做什么
After you went to bed, I spent a good hour
在你去睡覺之后,我花了整整一小時
trying to reckon how an innocent man's blood
想要弄明白,為什么一個無辜的人的血
could wind up at the scene of a murder
會跑到謀殺現場去
if it wasn't planted there.
如果不是故意布置在那的話
Then I remembered something that you said.
然后我想起你提過的一些事
The late Mrs. Kademan gave us a list
已故的凱德曼小姐曾給過我們一份
of the top geneticists in the world.
世界頂尖遺傳學者的名單
Why not ask them?
為什么不問問他們呢
Everyone, say hello to Miss Watson.
各位,向華生小姐問好
Hi.
你好
Good morning.
早上好
I left Dr. Moller from Norway off the list.
我把挪威的摩勒教授從名單中除掉了
Now, the others were a bit confused at first,
現在,其他人剛開始都有點迷惑
but after I posed the problem to them,
但當我把問題告訴他們后
we had quite a lively discussion, didn't we?
我們進行了激烈的討論,對嗎
Yes.
沒錯
Turns out, there is another possibility.
我們發現,還有另外一種可能性
Jurgi, would you please explain your breakthrough
尤爾吉,可以請你向華生小姐解釋下
to Miss Watson?
你的重大突破嗎
It's quite simple, really, though I should give you
這實際上非常簡單,但是我應該給你
a grounding in cellular biology.
補充些細胞生物學的基礎知識
Another time perhaps, Jurgi. Actually, you know what,
也許下次吧,尤爾吉,實際上
I'll call you all back. Thank you.
我會再打給你們,多謝
He's a brilliant man, a little bit long-winded.
他確實才華橫溢,但也有點絮叨
Gist of it is: law enforcement runs
要點如下,執法機關會進行
a standard DNA test
一個標準DNA測試
called STR analysis.
叫做STR分析
It's actually a bit imprecise.
它實際上不是很準確
It tests 13 loci against each other,
它只比對十三組基因座
when there are countless possibilities.
但其實還有其他無數種可能性
All assembled agree that technology has advanced
我們所有人都認為現在科技已經足夠發達
to the point where you could manufacture
發達到可以制造出
a match of 13 loci.
匹配的十三組基因座
So you're saying you can fake a DNA sample?
所以你是說你可以偽造DNA樣本
All you would need is access to a top-tier lab
你所需要的是能夠使用頂級實驗室的設備
and access to someone's genetic code.
并搞到什么人的遺傳密碼
And I'm not just saying that you could do it,
而且我并不是說你可以做到這件事
I just regathered my round table to tell them
我剛剛重新組織了圓桌會議并告知他們
that in this case, someone did do it.
在這個案子里,有人確實這么做了
How could you possibly know that?
你怎么可能知道呢
I called in a favor
我請法醫官的
from the medical examiner's DNA lab.
DNA實驗室幫了個小忙
They provided a sample of the blood found
他們提供了一份在娜塔莎·凱德曼
at the scene of Natasha Kademan's murder
謀殺現場發現的血液樣本
for a full workup.
來做一個全面檢測
A friend of Jurgi's at Columbia handled the analysis.
尤爾吉一個在哥倫比亞的朋友做了分析
All 13 loci tested in STR analysis
STR分析里所檢測的十三組基因座
were a perfect match for Benny Cordero,
與本尼·科德羅完全匹配
but there were no other loci at all in the sample.
但在這份樣本里完全沒有其他任何基因座
So you're saying someone stripped a blood sample
所以你是說有人從血液樣本中
of its genetic material
把遺傳物質分離出來
and then created a match for the loci
然后將那些他們知道警方會檢查的
they knew the police would check?
基因座改造成與某人匹配的樣子
Only a geneticist would be able to carry that out.
這只有遺傳學家才有可能完成
It seems like everyone connected to this case is a geneticist.
看起來所有與本案相關的人都是遺傳學家
But only one pointed us in the direction
但只有一個人一開始將我們的注意力
of Benny Cordero in the first place.
轉移到了本尼·科德羅身上
So, this morning, my consultant
今天早上,我的顧問
marches into my office
沖進我的辦公室
and says the damndest thing.
告訴我一件愚蠢至極的事
He thinks it's possible to manufacture a DNA sample.
他認為DNA樣品是有可能被人為制造的
Thing is, he was right.
而且,他一點都沒錯
The blood that we found
在你未婚妻謀殺現場
at the scene of your fiancee's murder,
找到的血跡
it didn't belong to Benny Cordero.
并不屬于本尼·科德羅
It was just designed to look that way.
它只是被設計成看起來是他的而已
Well, that sounds kind of crazy.
這聽起來有點瘋狂吧
Now, you work for Ubient Pharmaceuticals, right?
你在尤比安特制藥工作,對嗎
I bet they have nice labs.
我打賭他們一定有很棒的實驗室
What are you saying?
你到底想說什么
Paul, come on.
保羅,別裝了
We know the sample was faked.
我們知道那樣品是偽造的
We know you pointed us
也知道是你最先讓我們
at Benny Cordero in the first place.
注意本尼·科德羅的
We know you had access to his genetic makeup
還有你可以通過你的未婚妻
via your fiancee.
接觸到他的基因組成
We know your employer
還知道你的老板
has probably the top lab in the city.
擁有可能是市里最好的實驗室
We also have a pretty good idea
而且我們還非常清楚
of the equipment you'd need to manufacture
制造冒牌DNA樣品你需要
a fake DNA sample.
哪些設備
Now, we can get a court order to look at it,
現在,我們可以拿到法院指令去檢查
but as it turns out, we don't need to.
但是后來發現,我們并不需要
We shared everything
我們把所知道的信息
we know with your bosses.
跟你的老板分享了一下
They gave us access.
他們直接給了我們權限
Our crime scene unit is processing the lab
此時此刻犯罪現場小組正在搜查
as we speak.
實驗室
You may think you've covered your tracks,
你也許認為你將痕跡都藏好了
but if you made the sample there,
但如果你是在那制作的樣品
we'll find it.
我們一定會找出來的
Why did you murder your fiancee?
你為什么要殺死你的未婚妻
Right after we got engaged,
就在我們訂婚之后
'Tash and I had complete genetic workups done.
小塔和我完成了完整的基因診斷方法
Natasha asked them to check
娜塔莎要求他們檢查
us both for the warrior gene,
我們兩個有沒有勇士基因
the gene that she isolated in her research--
就是那種她在研究中分離出來的
just being thorough.
只是謹慎起見
Turns out, I have it.
結果發現,我有那基因
My DNA says I'm a sociopath.
我的DNA說明我是一個反社會人格
She said it wouldn't change anything, but...
她說這并不會改變什么,但是
I could feel her pulling away.
我能感覺到她在逐漸疏遠
Then the late-night phone calls started,
然后就開始半夜打電話
the long hours at work.
長時間的工作
She was moving on.
她繼續她的生活
Moving on and stepping out.
慢慢遠離我的生活
You think she was cheating on you?
你認為她對你不忠嗎
A guy knows.
我很肯定
And I even had a name.
而且我連名字都知道了
Lincoln Dunwoody.
林肯·鄧伍迪
I knew that she was planning to leave,
我知道她想要離開
and she doesn't get to make that call.
但這不是由她說了算的
So you're saying you murdered her out of jealousy?
所以你是說你因為吃醋而殺了她
I guess I knew for a while that it was gonna end like this.
我想我早就想到事情會這樣收場
That's why I made the blood.
所以我才制作了血液樣本
But last Tuesday,
但是上周二
she called to cancel our dinner date
她打電話來取消我們的晚餐約會
on my birthday.
就在我生日當天
That was it.
我忍不下去了
So where does Carter Lydon fit in?
就是這時卡特·萊登介入的嗎
The formula for inducing hereditary CAA?
為誘發遺傳性CAA而制定的方案
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不明白你在說什么
I'm talking about the plan to poison Gerald Lydon.
我說的是毒害杰拉爾德·萊登的計劃
Look, I killed 'Tash.
是我殺的小塔
Okay? I am telling you that.
行嗎,我全坦白
But I don't know how to induce CAA.
但我不知道怎么誘發CAA
I don't even remember what it stands for.
我甚至不記得它是什么的縮寫
I caught most of the Reeves stuff from the bullpen,
里夫斯的事我在犯人候審處聽了個大概
then Bell filled me in on the rest.
貝爾也把余下的告訴我了
Look, I know you thought it was all connected
我知道你覺得所有這些都是有聯系的
and that finding Natasha's killer
而找出殺害娜塔莎的兇手
was gonna help explain
將有助于我們弄明白
what happened to Gerald Lydon,
發生在杰拉爾德·萊登身上的事
but it didn't work out that way.
但事情并不總隨人愿
But we do have a murderer in custody,
但我們確實拘留了一個殺人犯
and you got around a fake DNA sample.
而且你也解決了偽造DNA樣品的問題
Strange name.
很奇怪的名字
Did you know there's no one called Lincoln Dunwoody
你知不知道在整個紐約都沒有一個
in the whole of New York?
叫林肯·鄧伍迪的人
At first, I thought Natasha Kademan's
起初,我以為娜塔莎·凱德曼的
paramour was using a fake name for their affair.
情夫在與她交往時使用了假名
But...
但是
...when you separate the two names,
如果你將這兩個名字分開
treat them as two surnames rather than
把他們看成是兩個姓而不是
one nonexistent person,
一個并不存在的人的話
you get a very interesting result.
你會得到一個很有趣的結論
This Lincoln family
這個林肯家族
has a long history of generous philanthropy.
在慷慨的慈善事業上有著悠久的歷史
So, too, does this Dunwoody family.
而且,鄧伍迪家族也是一樣
The Lincoln family's patriarch is James Lincoln.
林肯家族的元老是詹姆士·林肯
He recently retired
他最近退休了
after a sudden and unexpected diagnosis
在很突然并出人意料得被診斷為
of cerebral amyloid angiopathy.
大腦淀粉樣血管病之后
There's no history of the disease in his family.
他沒有任何該病的家庭病史
That is weird.
這確實很奇怪
I don't think Natasha Kademan was having an affair at all.
我根本不認為娜塔莎·凱德曼在偷情
I think she was trying to expose a plot to poison these men.
我認為她是在試著揭露毒害這些人的陰謀
Well, you only know of two cases, right?
但你只知道兩個例子,不是嗎
I mean, CAA is incredibly rare,
我是說, CAA確實極為罕見
but that could be just a coincidence.
但這也很可能只是巧合
What if there was a third person stricken?
假如還有第三個中招的人呢
Is there?
有嗎
I don't know.
我不知道
But I do know that a woman called Greta Dunwoody
但是我的確知道一名叫格蕾塔·鄧伍迪的
recently retired as president of her family's foundation.
女人剛剛以家族基金會的董事長身份退休
She's dropped off the society pages,
她突然很少露面公眾活動
and no one is quite sure what's happened to her.
也沒知道到底發生了什么事
Well, we need to find her.
我們得找到她
Apparently, the family's keeping shtum.
顯然其家人對其三緘其口
But read the list of grants.
但是讀讀這個捐款清單
Well, they just donated $20 million to St. Bede's Hospital.
他們剛剛向圣比德醫院捐了兩千萬美元
If she was sick, I would say
如果她生病了,我覺得
that would be a good place to start looking.
可以從那里開始找她
Ms. Dunwoody?
鄧伍迪女士
They told us we'd find you in here.
他們說能在這里找到你
Um... these are for you.
這些是給你的
They're beautiful.
它們真漂亮
Thank you.
謝謝你
You're not my son, are you?
你不是我兒子吧,對嗎
No, we... we just thought we'd check in on you.
不,我們只是想來看看你
Oh, that's nice.
你們人真好
Do you mind if I practice?
你不介意我練習吧
I have to keep practicing
如果我想進入茱莉亞音樂學院的話
if I want to get into Juilliard.
就得多多練習
Amazing.
厲害
The brain decays, but muscle memory remains.
大腦衰退了,但是肌肉記憶還在
Gerald Lydon wasn't the only target.
杰拉爾德·萊登不是唯一的目標
Someone's poisoning these people.
有人在毒害這些人
You're cleaning the fridge out now?
你居然現在清理冰箱
It's my half of our agreement.
這是在履行我的那一半責任
Well, I was hoping you could help me figure out
我希望你能幫我想出
who's giving rich people CAA.
是誰讓那些富人患上CAA
Yes, that was first on my list.
是的,那個曾是我最優先要解決的
Now the refrigerator.
現在則是冰箱
You have a suspect. Who?
你有嫌疑人了,誰啊
You're a detective; you tell me.
你是個偵探,你來告訴我
Fine. Uh...
好吧
Okay, it's not Carter Lydon.
不是卡特·萊登
I mean, he has a motive to want his father sick,
他有想讓他父親得病的動機
but he has no reason to attack strangers.
但是他沒有理由陷害陌生人
Maybe he cosigned that loan for that guy in Norway
也許他為那個挪威家伙的貸款擔保
because he wanted him
是因為他想讓那人
to help with his father's case.
幫他處理他父親的案子
So who does have motive to attack
那么誰有動機會陷害
three seemingly unconnected strangers?
三個看似毫無關聯的陌生人呢
The victims are three rich people.
三個受害人都很有錢
They all have charitable foundations.
他們都有慈善基金會
The only people that would benefit
唯一能從因CAA病倒的
from wealthy philanthropists coming down with CAA
富裕慈善家身上得利的
are the people raising money to study the disease.
也只有為了研究這個疾病而籌款的人
Induce CAA in some of New York's wealthiest,
讓紐約最富裕的人患上CAA
then sit back and wait for donations to flow in.
然后什么也不用管,就等捐款流入就行了
Not all the victims would contribute,
不是所有受害者都會捐款
so you'd have to dose more than one.
所以必須向不止一人投毒
Did you know the Lincoln Foundation
你知道嗎,林肯基金會
gave a rather generous grant
向瓦特遺傳學研究所的實驗室
to the research labs at Watt Helix?
捐贈了一筆不小的數目
Natasha's company.
娜塔莎的公司
She was a whistle-blower.
她是個告密者
There's got to be, what, 50 people
那里得有,多少,五十個人
working in research there?
在那里做研究工作吧
But how many of them are capable of inventing
但是有多少人有能力發明出
an entirely new molecule which attacks a specific gene?
能攻擊特定基因的完全新型的分子
Well, it's got to be the smartest person there.
肯定是那里最聰明的人
Of course,
當然了
that person might not still work there on a daily basis.
那人可能現在不用每天去那里工作了
Mr. Watt,
瓦特先生
did you know that before Ms. Kademan was killed,
你是否知道在凱德曼女士被殺之前
she was working to expose a scandal?
她正要揭發一個丑聞
It's quite a story.
這故事可精彩了
She thought that someone at Watt Helix
她認為瓦特遺傳學研究所里有人
was inducing mutations in wealthy people
在富人身上誘導基因變異
to attract funding for research into CAA.
以吸引到CAA的研究經費
We think she was right.
我們認為她是對的
That's... shocking.
這,太震驚了
I assume you have evidence.
你們有證據嗎
Whoever developed the molecule was brilliant.
研發出這個分子的人才華橫溢
A towering intellect.
智慧超群
Someone a lot like you.
就像你這樣的人
I hope that's not an accusation.
我希望你這不是在指控
Brian Watt is a decorated physician.
布萊恩·瓦特是位出色的內科醫生
He has a sterling reputation.
他品格優秀
Why would he risk that for... whatever you're describing?
為什么他會為了你說的這個冒風險
We spent a good deal of time
我們也花了好長時間
puzzling over that ourselves, didn't we? Yeah.
思考這個問題,不是嗎
We came up with a theory, but we couldn't be sure of it
我們有一個猜想,但直到了解你的詳細情況
until we got a good look at you.
我們才得以真正確定
You have hereditary CAA, don't you, Mr. Watt?
你有遺傳性CAA 對嗎,瓦特先生
That's why you're semi-retired, and that's why
所以你處于半退休狀態,這也是為什么
you haven't said a word since you came in.
你從進來開始就沒說一個字
We know it's in your family.
我們知道你家族有相關病史
Probably why you got into genetics in the first place,
這或許就是你一開始投身于遺傳學的原因
find a way around the death sentence
試圖找到能避開流淌于
that you carry in your DNA.
你DNA中的死刑的方法
But you got sick.
但是你發病了
Research wasn't going fast enough.
研究進度不夠快
So in your more lucid moments,
所以在你神智尚且清醒時
you hatch a plan to attract bigger and bigger money.
你想出了一個能圈到很多很多錢的計劃
All you'd have to do
你要做的就是
is to introduce the chemical you developed
把你研發出的化學物質
into someone's I.V.
導入到某人的靜脈中
All the victims had procedures at Stuyvesant Memorial,
所有受害者都在司徒韋桑紀念醫院做過手術
a hospital where you still hold privileges.
就是你仍保有特權的醫院
You're wrong.
你錯了
Well, then, you won't mind
那么,你不介意
if we take a look inside your home, will you?
我們去你家看看吧,對嗎
'Cause there won't be any more of the chemical
因為那里不會有更多的投毒
needed for further attacks.
所需要的化學物質
We have team of detectives heading to his home
此時此刻,我們有一隊警探
as we speak.
正趕往他的家
Entrepreneur Dr. Brian Watt
實業家布萊恩·瓦特醫生
has been charged in a bizarre string of poisonings.
被指控跟一系列離奇的投毒案有關
Watt has been arrested this morning outside the corporate...
今早瓦特在其公司外被捕
Hi there. Are my sweaters ready?
你好,毛衣洗好了嗎
I didn't think so.
我不認為
This is Detective Bell from the NYPD.
這是紐約警署的貝爾警探
I told him about the world's worst dry cleaner's,
我向他描述了世界上最糟的干洗店
and he got curious.
他很好奇
Do you know who bought this place
你知不知道是誰從
from the Korean couple who used to own it?
這店以前的韓國老板手中買走了這地方
It's a shell company.
是家空殼公司
I can't even pronounce it,
我都不會讀那個音
but my friends at the NYPD know all about it.
但是我在紐約警署的朋友知道一切
They think it's linked to smuggling,
他們認為那家公司涉嫌走私
human trafficking... other fun stuff.
人口販賣,還有其他的犯罪行為
So now I know why you're so terrible at dry cleaning.
我現在知道為什么你們的干洗這么糟糕了
Because the only thing your owners want you to clean
因為你們的主人想讓你們洗的
is their money.
只是他們的錢
And given all the security cameras you have in here,
考慮到你們這里所有的監控攝像頭
I bet if we execute this search warrant we brought with us,
我敢說如果我們執行這張搜查令
we'd find plenty of it. Is that true?
一定能發現不少東西,對吧
All right, get up. Put your hands behind your back.
站起來,把雙手放在背后
I did it!
我做到了
Close that door immediately!
趕緊關上門
What's up?
怎么了
I was examining the osmia avosetta
我正在觀察杰拉爾德·萊登
that Gerald Lydon gave me, and it got loose.
給我的石巢蜂,它飛出來了
Oh, so there's an almost-extinct bee flying around in here?
所以這里關著一只快要滅絕的蜜蜂嗎
Yes, and I would rather it didn't get out.
是的,我希望它不要飛出去了
Okay. Well, I took care of it.
好吧,我解決了
That dry cleaner you sent me to,
你派我去的那家干洗店
you deduced what they were up to.
你推理出了他們的陰謀
Bell sent in somebody to search it, and everybody's arrested.
貝爾派人去搜查那里,逮捕了所有人
Thought I was gonna have to send you back there
我還以為得再派你去那里三次
three more times. Well done.
才能解決呢,干得好
Why didn't you tell me when I came to you yesterday?
為什么昨天我問你的時候你不告訴我呢
I wanted you to...
我想讓你
learn to trust your own instincts.
學會相信自己的直覺
Good detective knows that every task, every interaction,
好的偵探知道每個任務,每次互動
no matter how seemingly banal,
無論看起來多平淡無奇
has the potential to contain multitudes.
都可能包含大量信息
I live my life alert to this possibility.
我時刻警惕著這種可能性
I expect my colleagues to do the same.
我期望我的同事也能做到