Homework.
作業而已。
It's, um, a real page turner.
這書,額,真是引人入勝啊。
What's that? This is your seal of nobility.
那是什么? 代表你貴族身份的紋章。
I don't understand.
我不明白。
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Lancelot, fifth son of Lord Eldred of Northumbira.
各位,我向你們隆重介紹蘭斯洛特,諾桑比亞勛爵埃爾德雷德的第五子。
No, Merlin, no. So you don't want to be knight then.
不行,梅林,不。 那你不想當騎士了。
Of course I do!
當然想!
What? The rules don't allow it? Damn the rules. The rules are wrong.
怎么?就因為法規不允許?去它的法規 它們都是錯的。
But it's a lie. It's against everything that knight stands for.
但這是在說謊。這有違騎士的精神。
You have as much right to be a knight as any man. I know it.
你比任何人都有資格成為騎士。我知道。
But the rules, Merlin...
但法規怎么辦,梅林......
We're not breaking the rules. We're bending them. That's all.You get your foot in the door. After that, you'll be judged on your merit alone.
我們沒有違反法令。我們只是變通一下。僅此而已??邕^了這個門檻。就看你發揮才能了。
And if you succeed, if they make you a knight, it'll be because you have earned it, noble or not.
如果成功了,你會被授予騎士爵位,那都是你應得的,不在于你是不是貴族。
I can't change the way things are done here, but you can...if you let me help you.
我無法改變當前的形勢,但你可以,如果讓我助你一臂之力的話。
This is very kind of you, uh... Gwen. Gwen? Short for Guinevere.
你真好,那個...... 我叫格溫。 格溫? 格溫娜維爾的簡稱。
Ah. Then thank you, Guinevere.
醬。謝謝你,格溫娜維爾。