Uther created the knights to protect this kingdom from those who wish to destroy it.
烏瑟王將騎士爵位授予愿守護王土之人。
He knew he would have to trust each of his knights with his life.
他知道他將對這些騎士寄以性命之托。
So he chose them from the founders who'd sworn allegiance to him. The nobility.
因此他從那些宣誓效忠的開創者中挑選騎士。 就是貴族階層。
And thus the first code of Camelot was born. And ever since that day, only the sons of noble families have served as knights.
卡梅洛特的首要法規也應運而生。自此以后只有貴族家庭的男性后裔才有成為騎士的資格。
That is not fair.Fair or unfair, that's the way it is. I'm sorry, Lancelot. Truly I am.
不公平。公平與否,就是這樣的。我很抱歉,蘭斯洛特。真心抱歉。
Why do you want to be a knight so much?
你為什么如此渴望成為騎士?
When I was a boy, my village was attacked by raiders from the northern plains.
我年幼時,北方草原的入侵者襲擊了我的村莊。
They were slaughtered where they stood my father, my mother, everyone. I alone escaped.
他們所到之處肆意殺戮,我的父母,村里人都難逃厄運。只有我幸免于難。
I vowed that day that never again would I be helpless in the face of tyranny.
那天我就發誓,不再為暴徒所欺凌。
I made swordcraft my life. Every waking hour since that day I devoted to the art of combat.
我打造了心愛的寶劍。時刻磨練格斗技術。
When I was ready, I set forth for Camelot. And now it seems my journey ends. Everything I've fought for wasted.
萬事俱備之后,我就動身前往卡梅洛特。而我的旅程似乎已經終結。我為之奮斗的一切只是徒勞。
I give you my word, whatever it takes, I will make this right.
我向你保證,無論如何,我會幫你扭轉局面。