The true humanitarian in the Merlyn family was my wife Rebecca.
我家真正的慈善家,是我的妻子麗貝卡
Many of you here knew her.
在座許多人都知道她
She tirelessly devoted herself to helping those less fortunate in the glades.
她不辭辛苦的致力于,幫助那些在林間不幸的人
I like to think that if the men who murdered her knew her;
毫不夸張的說,假如有人想要謀殺她
knew the work that she did, knew the person that she was...
當他了解她的所作所為
He would have helped her to her car, made sure she was safe,
肯定不會再偷她的錢包再殺了她
instead of stealing her purse and shooting her.
而會將她親自送回車里,確保她的安全
The truth is,I haven't done enough for this city.
事實上,我為這座城市做的不夠多
My city. I failed it.
我的城市。我辜負了它
But I promise you... I am not finished yet.
但我保證,我還會繼續
I promise you that this city will be better for all of us.
我保證,這座城市會變得更好
And on that day, I will look at this beautiful award and feel that I have earned it.
到那一天,再看到這個華麗的獎杯,我會感到名之所至
I thank you.
謝謝大家