Really?
真的假的?
Yeah, he wrote down everything he ever ate. He was convinced that calorie restriction was the key to living forever.
真的,他吃什么都要記下來。他堅信限制卡路里攝入量是長命百歲的關鍵。
Does it work?
那管用嗎?
Seriously?
你鬧呢?
Well, he could have been hit by a bus. You don't know.
他可能是死于車禍啊,你又不知道。
Sorry it's not more interesting. On the bright side, you didn't have to listen to his stomach growl for 35 years.
抱歉,真相不是那么有趣。往好的方面想,你們不必聽他35年來肚子餓得咕嚕叫的聲音。
So, was there anything that Professor Abbott worked on during his life that came close to an accomplishment?
那艾伯特教授這輩子研究的東西,難道沒有半點算得上是成就的東西嗎?
To be honest, his research never amounted to anything.
老實說,他的研究一無所成。
Oh. You were his colleague. How did your research turn out?
你是他的同事。你的研究結果如何?
Great. Hey, this is the apartment you get when you win a Nobel.
很棒。得諾貝爾獎的人都住這種"豪宅"。
Well, you could be very frugal. I'm getting a little tired of everybody's sarcasm.
你可能是個很簡樸的人啊。我真是受夠了每個人都在說反話了。
I'm not a bully. I mean, maybe I come off a little strong, but that's only because my dad raised me to be tough and not to take crap from anybody.
我不是惡霸。或許我是表現得有那么一點強勢,但那只是因為我父親從小教育我要強硬,不要隨便受人欺負。
No. That's fine, but there's a difference between being tough and telling your friend her new pants look like a saggy diaper.
那當然可以啊,但強硬跟告訴你的朋友她的新褲子像一塊松垮的尿布,這兩者還是有區別的。
I did say that, didn't I?
我的確那么說了,是吧?
Yeah, you did. I felt so self-conscious, I had to return them.
是的,你說了。我當時超級難為情,我只好把褲子退了。
Where? To Babies R Us?
退到哪兒?嬰兒用品店嗎?
You're doing it again!
你又來了!
Okay, sorry. Can we just go? I feel like everybody hates me.
對不起,我們可以走了嗎?我感覺大家都討厭我。
Oh, come on, they don't hate you, all right? They're just a little intimidated. All you need to do is show everyone how sweet you really are.
別這樣,他們不討厭你,好嗎?他們只是有點怕你而已。你只需讓大家看到你其實非常親切。
I think I'd rather go.
我還是走吧。
No, come on. You are not going anywhere, all right? I am here for you, and we are gonna fix this together.
不,坐下。你哪兒也不許去,知道嗎?我在這陪著你,我們一起來解決這問題。
Thank you. -Even though your dress is ugly.
謝謝。-雖然你今天的裙子很難看。
Well, my little Flag-keteers, it looks like the last episode of Fun with Flags is at an end.
我的小旗友們,最后一集《有趣的旗幟》就要結束了。
If I could, I would run each and every one of you viewers up a flagpole and salute you.
如果可以,你們每個人都是我升上去后愿意敬禮的旗幟。(原俗語直翻為"升到旗桿上,看看有沒有人會敬禮。"意思是試試水、 看看反應的意思)