I haven't practiced medicine for some time,
我已經有段時間沒有行醫了
but fortunately for you, I have a very good memory. Please.
不過你很幸運,我記憶力很好,請坐
His name was Jeremy Olmstead.
他的名字叫杰里米·奧姆
Perhaps not so good a memory after all.
也許我的記憶力也沒有那么好
I don't recall a patient with that name, but it sounds familiar.
我不記得有叫這個名字的病人,但是聽著很耳熟
He was recently found murdered in his workshop. We think he may be a victim of the Chesapeake Ripper.
他最近在他工作的地方被謀殺了。我們認為可能是切薩皮克開膛手所為
That's why he sounds familiar. It was all over the news.
所以聽起來這么耳熟。新聞里到處都是
He had two old scars on his thigh.
他大腿上有兩個舊傷疤
Pathology checked with the local hospital.
當地醫院進行了病理檢查
He had fallen out of a tree-blind five years ago while bow hunting-- stuck an arrow through his leg.
五年前,他在射獵時從藏身的樹上掉下來了,被一支箭刺穿了腿
The doctor of record was a resident surgeon, but you were on duty in the ER that night.
記錄上登記的是一名外科主治醫師,但是那晚你在急診室值班
I was? Your name was on the admissions log.
是嗎?登記日志上有你的名字
Let me think. You'll have to forgive me. I saw so many people in the ER, but not so many hunters.
讓我想想。請原諒我。我在急診室見過很多人,但獵人并不多
It's been a long time since the accident,
那場事故已經發生很久了
but I thought you may remember if anything was fishy with the arrow wound.
但是我想也許你能記起來是否有過可疑的箭傷
If it's the gentleman I'm thinking of,
如果是我想到的那位先生的話
I vaguely remember a fellow hunter bringing him in, but I recall very little else.
我有模糊的印象是他的一個打獵同伴送他來的,但是別的都想不起來了
Figured it was a long shot.
能記起來的希望渺茫
I did keep detailed journals during those days.
但我保存了那段時間的詳細日志
If you like, I can get them for you. Maybe you'll find something helpful.
如果你要的話,我去取來給你。也許你能找到線索
That would be great-- if you don't mind.
那太好了,如果不麻煩的話
Not at all. If you'll wait here, I'll be right back.
不必客氣。請你在這等一會兒,我馬上回來
Thank you.
謝謝