Gossip Girl,《緋聞女孩》
A: You back to invisible boy?
甲:你又恢復隱形人狀態了?
B: Invisible suits me. I can go to school unshowered. I can forget to dress. Nobody cares. And now I have all the time in the world to focus on my Yale application. So...
乙:隱形人比較適合我。我可以早晨不洗澡就來上學。我可以不用刻意打扮,也沒人會在意。現在我總算可以全力去準備申請耶魯大學了,所以……
A:Don't you mean Dartmouth?
甲:你不是想去達特茅斯嗎?
B: Yeah, well, it seems that Darmouth's whole English department was poached by Yale.
乙:是啊,不過貌似達特茅斯的整個英語系都是耶魯的。
A: Wow. When's that application due?
甲:哇,申請什么時候截止?
B: Monday. Noah Shapiro's helping me choose which story to submit.
乙:星期一。諾亞·夏皮羅會幫我決定該送哪篇文章去。
A: What happened to that Jeremiah Harris guy?
甲:那個耶利米·哈里斯怎么辦?
B: He, uh, well, after he fired me, I went ahead and sent my story to Shapiro anyway, and he...he...he loved it.
乙:他,呃,嗯,他炒掉我之后,我堅持己見還是把我的文章寄給了夏皮羅,他…… 他……他很喜歡。
A: That's great! Why haven't you told me any of this?
甲:那太好了!你怎么都不告訴我呢?
B: Well, I've barely seen you. You're always off at your internship. Hey. You have French first period. Aren't you gonna be late?
乙:我很少見到你啊。你老是在忙你的實。嘿,你第一節有法語課。想要遲到嗎?
A: Uh. Uh, we have a sub, and he always starts late, so...
甲:呃,呃,我們的老師是代課老師,他總是遲一點才開始講課,所以……
B: Okay. Well, I'm really late for Italian, so ciao, sorella mia.
乙:好吧。哦,不過我的意大利語課快遲到了,那就再見,我的小妹妹。
A: Hi. Laurel? Yeah, it's me. Sorry. I got stuck in traffic. I'll see you at Eleanor's in five, okay?
甲:嗨,勞雷爾?是,是我。抱歉啊,路上堵車了,我們五點在埃莉諾那兒碰面,好嗎?