Sorry, we have a new player. Ryan Connolly.
抱歉 我們有位新鼓手 瑞恩·康諾利
I'm sorry.Guys, just put your instruments down for a minute.Just listen for a minute.
不好意思 各位先把樂器放下吧 先聽一會兒
Six years ago...I came across a kid in a practice room working on his scales.
六年前 我在練習室碰到一個在練音階的孩子
He was early second year andhe'd started at Shaffer with a lot of hope.Like all you guys.
他剛剛上大二 他帶著無限的憧憬來到謝弗 就像你們一樣
But the truth was that he barely squeaked in to begin with,and he was really struggling.
可現實是他只是勉強被錄取 他很難跟上進度
The faculty were all telling him,"Maybe this isn't for you."
老師們都跟他說 "也許這條路不適合你"
But they didn't see what I saw.
但我看到了他們沒看到的
This scared, skinny kid cursing himself because he couldn't get his scales right.
這個害怕的瘦小子 因為吹不對音階而咒罵著自己
I saw a drive in him.And I put him in Studio Band.
我在他身上看到了決心 我讓他加入了錄音室樂隊
And when he graduated,Marsalis made him third trumpet at Lincoln Center.A year later, he was first.
他畢業的時候 馬薩利斯讓他做了林肯中心的第三小號手 一年后他就成了首席
That's who you're listening to now.His name was Sean Casey.
你們聽到的就是他的作品 他叫肖恩·凱西
I found out this morning that...Sean...died yesterday...in a car accident.
今天早上我得知 肖恩...昨天去世了 是一場車禍
And I just...I wanted you guys to know he was a beautiful player.I just thought you should know.
我只是...我想讓你們知道 他是個杰出的樂手 我覺得應該讓你們知道
I'm sorry.Okay.Let's get to work, huh? How about "Caravan," Bar 105?
對不起 好了 開始干活吧 《大篷車》第105小節