I'm just gonna lay it out there.This is why I don't think we should be together.
我就直說了吧這是我覺得我們該分手的理由
And I've thought about it a lot, and this is what's gonna happen.I'm gonna keep pursuing what I'm pursuing.
我想了很久 事情一定會變成這樣 我會繼續追逐我的目標
Because I'm doing that,it's gonna take up more and more of my time.
正因如此它會越來越多地占據我的生活
I'm not gonna be able to spend as much time with you.
我就沒那么多時間陪你了
And even when I do spend time with you,I'm gonna be thinking about drumming.
就算是在你身邊我也只會想著打鼓的事
I'm gonna be thinking about jazz music, my charts and all that.
我會想著爵士樂 想著我的譜子
Because of that, you're gonna start to resent me.And you're gonna tell me to ease up on the drumming,spend more time with you because you are not feeling important.
你會因此對我不滿 你會讓我少打點鼓 多花時間陪你 因為你覺得自己不被重視
I'm not gonna be able to do that.I'm just gonna start to resent you for even asking me to stop drumming.
但我做不到這一點 而我也會開始埋怨你 哪怕你只是隨口說說讓我不要打鼓
We're just gonna start to hate each other.It's gonna get very...it's gonna be ugly.
我們會開始互相憎恨 最后會很...會很難看
And so for those reasons,I'd rather just, you know, break it off clean.Because I wanna be great.
既然如此 我覺得不如趁早一刀兩斷 因為我想變得出色
And you're not?
你現在不出色嗎
I wanna be one of the greats.
我想變成最出色的
And I would stop you from doing that?
我會拖你的后腿嗎
Yeah.
是的
You know I would stop you from doing that?You know that for a fact?
你確定我會拖你的后腿嗎百分之百確定嗎
Yes.
是的
And I'd barely see you anyway?Yeah.
我會很難見到你 是的
And when I did see you, you'd treat me like shit because I'm just some girl who doesn't know what she wants.
就算見到你 你也會懶得理我 因為我只是個沒有目標的傻姑娘
And you have a path, and you're going to be great,And I'm gonna be forgotten,
而你有自己的道路 你會變得偉大 而我只會被人遺忘
and therefore you won't be able to give me the time of day because you have bigger things to pursue.
所以你不能花時間陪我 因為你有更大的追求
That's exactly my point.
這正是我想說的
What the fuck is wrong with you?You're right. We should not be dating.
你哪根筋搭錯了 你說得對 我們該分手了
I'm okay. Thanks.
不用了 謝謝