A puzzle that doesn't want my help,
這個謎題不想要我幫忙
or anyone else's for that matter.
不想要任何人幫忙
I suggest that we heed her advice
我們應該聽從她的建議
and leave this one alone.
別管她了
What are you doing?
你要干什么
Detective Riley promised those guys he'd arrest you.
萊利警探保證過要逮捕你
Don't want to get flagged for suspicious behavior.
我可不想有可疑行為引發注意
Our covers come first, remember?
掩護身份要緊 記得嗎
Oh, dear.
天啊
No, I assure you that our conversation
不會 我保證我們的談話
will remain confidential.
不會外泄
Thank you for your time.
謝謝
Could we dispense with the formalities, do you think?
我們省略這一套 行么
I'm just protecting our covers.
我這是在掩護身份啊
You sure it was okay to make a call
你確定用那部手機
to Claire's professor on that cell?
給克萊爾的教授打電話沒問題
Even if I weren't inside a car with the windows rolled up,
就算我不是在一輛車窗緊閉的車里
all Samaritan would have heard just now
撒馬利亞人聽到的也不過是
was two fellow professors discussing a student.
兩個教授討論一名學生
Suffice it to say,
可以說
Claire's history of instability is longer than 48 hours.
克萊爾的不穩定可不止這48小時
How much longer?
多久了
A year since she stopped playing chess
一年前她就不再下棋
and started skipping class,
開始逃課
and though her advisor couldn't legally say,
雖然她的教授不能明說
I gathered that her erratic behavior culminated in a suicide attempt.
不過我猜她甚至曾試圖自殺
Whatever triggered it
直接導致的結果
resulted in Claire taking the semester off.
是克萊爾休學一學期
She's just returned to school this fall.
她這個秋天剛復學
I'll put in a request for her personal information,
我去申請拿到她的個人信息
try to find out what might have caused it,
查找一下誘因
but NYPD Research isn't known for their speed.
但紐約警局搜索組可向來速度不快
That's unfortunate,
真是太遺憾了
because I believe that
因為我相信
you may have received Claire's number
你收到克萊爾的號碼
because she's a danger to herself.
是因為她對自己有威脅
She pulled a gun on you, Harold.
她用槍指著你的頭 哈羅德