Hope this doesn't embarrass you Jen, but I found the best thing to do with the new employee is to size them up with a long hard stare.
希望你不要感到尷尬,珍。因為我發現考量新員工最好的辦法就是用眼睛緊緊地盯著他。
So! So. First day! Yes!
那么!怎樣。第一天上班?沒錯!
Scary...? Yes... Don't be scared! Oh I'm not really scared.
害怕吧?是...別怕!其實我也不是很怕。
You should be! Well I'm a little bit scared. What? Don't be!
應該怕!我確實有點小怕啦。啥?別怕!
Make up your mind!
你到底想怎樣。
So here you are!
好吧你說!

Yes. I'm really looking forward to...Getting to grips with the...
其實,我很希望能...認真做好...
I'm gonna put you in I.T. Because you said on your CV you had a lot of experience with computers.
我決定把你安排在 IT部門。因為你在簡歷里說你在電腦方面很有經驗。
I did say that on my CV, yes. I have lots of experience with the whole...computer...thing, you know.
我的確在簡歷里提過,沒錯。我有著豐富的經驗,關于整體的...電腦的... 事兒。
Emails...sending emails, receiving emails, deleting emails...I could go on. Do!
例如電子郵件...發郵件,收郵件,刪郵件...除此之外我還會很多。那接著說!
The Web...Using mouse...mices ...using mice. Clicking...double clicking...the computer screen of course, the keyboard...
我會上網... 點鼠標 ...各種鼠標。單擊...雙擊...當然還有顯示器、鍵盤...
The bit that goes on the floor down there... The hard drive? Correct.
那邊安在地板上的叫什么來著...硬盤嗎?就是它。
Aha! Well, you certainly seem to know your stuff.
啊哈!看來你對你的專業非常熟悉。
That settles. Got a good feeling about you Jen! And they need a new manager.
就這么定了。對你的感覺很不錯啊,珍!那邊正好缺個新經理。
Oh fantastic! So...the people I'll be working with, what're they like?
太好了!那...要跟我一起工作的同事,他們怎么樣?
Standard nerds!
標準的書呆子!