Mr. President.
總統先生
I’ve just received a shortwave radio transmission from Jack1 Hall.
我收到了來自杰克?霍爾的短波信息
He made it to New York.
他到了紐約
He says there are survivors.
他說那里有幸存者
Thank you, Tom.
謝謝 湯姆
That’s....
那是...
That’s good news.
那是好消息
These past few weeks have left us all with a profound sense of humility3...
過去的幾個星期里讓我們感到 在大自然的力量面前...
...in the face of nature’s destructive power. ...
我們是多么的渺小
For years, we operated under the belief that we could continue...
多年來 我們一直以為 我們可以...
...consuming our planet’s natural resources without consequence. ...
不記后果地揮霍 我們星球的自然資源
We were wrong.
我們錯了
I was wrong.
我錯了
The fact that my first address
實際上我的首次致辭是
to you comes from a consulate on foreign soil...
在外國的土地上 大使館里發表的...
...is a testament to our changed reality. ...
這為我們證明了世界的改變
Not only Americans...
不光是美國人...
...but people all around the globe are now guests in the nations... ...
地球上所有的人現在 都成為了被我們稱之為...
... we once called The Third World. ...
第三世界的國家的客人
In our time of need, they have taken us in and sheltered us.
在我們需要的時候 他們接納和收容了我們
And I am deeply grateful for their hospitality.
我對他們的好客深表感謝