Yeah. He never says no to you.
是啊 他從不拒絕你
But I asked him for a suit,and he said no.
但我管他要西服 他沒答應
You asked him already? Yeah.
你要過了? 對
You should have asked Mama.
你應該管媽媽要
You know she don't like looking raggedy.
你知道她不喜歡看起來很破爛
That was the moment Drew discovered the oldest parent trick in the book.
這時Drew想起書上最古老的 父子過招秘籍
When one parent says no,just ask the other one.
當一個人說不 去問另一個人
You know what? I got an idea.
知道嗎 我有個主意
The next day,my socks were still holding up,
第2天 我的襪子還在腳上
and so was my luck.
我的好運也沒停止
Look,there's no such thing as lucky socks.
沒有什么幸運襪
That's like believing in four-leaf clovers,
還不如相信四片葉子的三葉草
shooting stars or Michael Landon.
流星 或者Michael Landon
Well,how do you explain all this lucky stuff that's been happening to me?
怎么解釋發生在我身上的幸運事?
It's probability.
概率
It's just the number of times an event can happen
一件事發生的總次數
divided by the total number of possible outcomes.
除以所有可能發生的結果數
Hi,Chris.
嗨 Chris
If they were miracle socks,I would have had a shot,
如果這是神奇襪 她們可能會追我
but they were only lucky socks,
可惜只是幸運襪
so I just got a smile.
所以我只得到笑臉
I don't care what you say-- the socks work.
我不管你怎么說 這襪子真有用
If O.J. Simpson had been wearing these socks,
如果O.J·辛普森穿這雙襪子 (以殺妻案聞名)
he'd be covering football games now.
他還會在打橄欖球
Okay,don't forget to study for your history test on Monday.
不要忘了準備周一的歷史考試
It'll be on people in history
將考歷史上的名人
who have achieved their goals against all odds.
那些不畏險阻獲得成功的人
So,you want to study after school?
放學后復習功課嗎?
I don't need to study.
我不需要復習
I got my lucky socks.
我有幸運襪
Drew's plan was simple:
Drew的計劃很簡單
Act like this was the first time they had asked for what they wanted.
表現得好象他們第一次開口
Like the no's never happened.
好象沒遭過拒絕
Hey,Daddy. Hey.
嘿 爸爸 嘿
Can I get pink carpet for my room?
我的房間可以用粉地毯嗎?
What do you need carpet for?
你要粉地毯干嗎?
Because Billy Ocean has pink carpet,
因為Billy Ocean有粉地毯
and you know how much I love Billy Ocean.
你知道我多愛他
I'll tell you what.
這么說吧
We'll go look for some pink carpet tomorrow.
一個搞定了 還有另一個
Hey,Mom,can I get a new suit for the school talent show?
媽 學校的才藝表演我能買套新西服嗎?
Not unless your talent is wearing a suit.
除非你的才藝拿得出手
But I'm performing "Candy Girl",by New Edition,
我要表演新版的"Candy Girl"
and the whole school is going to be there.
學校的人都會參加
Drew could do a lot of things,
Drew會的不少
but my mother knew singing wasn't one of them.
但我媽媽知道唱歌不算在內
Oh,well,that.. That... that's nice,baby.
那不錯 寶貝兒
So can I get a new suit?
我能有新西服嗎?
I don't want to look raggedy.
我不想看上去很破爛
Raggedy?
破爛?
Oh,my baby is not going to look raggedy.
我的孩子可不會看上去破爛
When I finish this,we'll go shopping.
我忙完后 咱們去商店
Okay. Thanks,Mom. You're welcome,baby.
謝謝 媽媽 不客氣 寶貝兒
Singing...
唱歌...
That night,even my dreams were lucky.
那天晚上 我做夢都是好運
Calm down! Calm down.
鎮靜! 鎮靜!
You scared the heck out of me.
嚇死我了
Listen,I'm just looking for the woods.
聽著 我在找片樹林
Wait. You're not going to kill me?
不是要殺我?
Why would I do that?
為什么殺你?
Okay,you go downstairs,make a left.
好吧 下樓 左轉
Go down the corner,make another left,
走到十字路口 再左轉
and there should be a park about a mile away.
大概一里外有個公園
Thanks.
謝謝
Hey,by the way,you know the date?
順便問一句 今天什么日期?
Thursday the 12th.
12號 星期四 (起床后黑色星期五 ^^)
Thanks.
謝謝
Later,I had one of those dreams where I was falling and Jennifer Beals caught me.
后來 我做夢掉下去 Jennifer Beals接住了我
Where are my lucky socks? Who took my lucky socks?
我的幸運襪在哪兒? 誰拿了我的幸運襪?
Wasn't me.
我沒拿
Those socks were stinking up this whole room.
那雙襪子把屋子都熏臭了
I got them things out of here.
我把它扔出去了
You're lucky you didn't die from the smell.
萬幸你沒被熏死
hey,that was a lucky sock
那是幸運?
When my mother get rid of my sock
既然媽媽把襪子扔了
I imagined whoever was wearing them was having a lot better luck than me.
我在想不管誰穿了它 要比我更幸運得多
We are all out of soup.
湯分光了
You got any whiskey?
有威士忌嗎?
This is your lucky day.
你的幸運日
Sure glad y'all ran out of food.
幸好沒有湯了
My husband just died of a heart attack!
我丈夫心臟病死了!
Tragic!
慘啊!
Well,since he's dead,want to go out to dinner?
既然他死了 要一起吃晚飯嗎?
I could eat.
我吃得下
Without my lucky socks,
沒了幸運襪
I probably should have studied for that test.
我也許該為那場考試做準備
But that seemed a lot harder than finding more luck.
那似乎比找到運氣更難
How much for just the foot?
一只腳多少錢?
What the hell makes you think I'm a leprechaun?
為什么你以為我是妖怪?
Let me go! No!
放開我! 不!
Oh,Louise! I'm sorry! Louise!
我很抱歉!
Hey,man,can I have one of these horseshoes?
伙計 我可以要這些馬蹄鐵嗎?
Tonya and Drew thought they had pulled it off.
Tonya和Drew以為他們大功告成
Then the "it" hit the fan.
結果事情敗露
Tonya,why are you moving furniture?
Tonya 為什么你移動家具?
Because Daddy's giving me pink carpet.
爸爸給我買了粉地毯