
I don't think anybody does.
我覺得誰都沒改變
People don't want to admit it, but it's like we have these innate set points
人們不愿意承認,但是 好像我們確實天生有些特點
and nothing much that happens to us changes our disposition.
無論發生什么都不會 改變我們對事物的看法
You believe that? I think so.
你相信這一點嗎 我想是的
I read this study where they followed people who'd won the lottery
我看過那些跟蹤研究 中彩票大獎的人
and people who'd become paraplegics.
以及截肢癱瘓的人的論文
You'd think one extreme is gonna make you euphoric and the other suicidal.
也許你會想到兩個極端,一個 會使人欣快,一個使人想自盡
But the study shows that, after about six months
但是這項研究表明 6個月后
as soon as people had gotten used to their new situation
一旦人們適應了新的環境
they were, more or less, the same. The same?
他們就會,或多或少,和以前一樣了 一樣了嗎
Yeah. Like, if they were basically an optimistic, jovial person
是的。比如說,如果他們 本來就是樂觀,快活的人
they're now an optimistic, jovial person in a wheelchair.
在輪椅上他們依然是個樂觀,快活
they're a petty, miserable asshole with a new Cadillac, a house and a boat.
坐著卡迪拉克,住著別墅,開著游艇, 他們依然悲觀可憐
If they're a petty, miserable asshole
如果他們本來就是個悲觀可憐的家伙
So I'll be forever depressed no matter what great things happen?
那么無論發生了什么偉大的事 我永遠都是這么沮喪了嗎
Definitely. Great.
毫無疑問 太好了
No, no, I'm not depressed.
不,我不失望