There was one thing all the fathers on Wisteria Lane had in common.
住在Wisteria路的父親們有一個共同點
Daddy, daddy.
爸爸,爸爸
They could return home after a hard day'swork the family they left behind.
勞頓一天的他們可以回到他丟下的家人們身邊
Daddy, daddy.
爸爸,爸爸
And not feel at all guilty about the precious moments they had missed.
而絲毫不為沒能陪伴家人而愧疚。
Sadly, the same could not be said for the working mothers.
可悲的是工作的母親們卻做不到這一點。
Hey, honey. I held dinner for as long as I could. It just got…too late for them.
嗨,寶貝,我把晚餐一再推遲了…但后來...實在太晚了。
You couldn't have given them coffee or something?
你就不能給他們喝點咖啡什么的?
I just feel like I’m missing out on their lives entirely.
我覺得我已經完全脫離他們的生活了。
Hey, you sit, eat and I will fill you in.
嗨,你坐下,吃飯。我來給你講。
Oh, don’t eat that. That’s been sitting out for hours. That’s for Mrs. Mulberry.
哦 別吃這個,都放了好久了。這是留給Mulberry太太的。
This is for you.
這個,是給你的。
I’m sorry, who?
不好意思 誰?
Oh, Mrs. Mulberry. Parker has an imaginary friend. Um, British nanny.
哦,Mulberry太太。Parker幻想他有這么個朋友,英國保姆。
I think he really locked into the whole Mary Poppins thing.
我想他對《歡樂滿人間》太著迷了。
Is that why he’s sleeping with an umbrella?
他就為這個抱著雨傘睡覺?
He carries it with him everywhere. It’s a security blanket.
他走到哪都帶著。讓他有安全感。
When did this start?
什么時候開始的?
About a week ago, I guess.
大概一周以前吧。
And you don’t find it odd that Parker’snew nanny made her appearance right at the time I went back to work?
Parker的新保姆正好在我開始工作時后出現,你不覺得奇怪么?
Kids have imaginary friends. It’s no big deal.
小孩都有想象的朋友,沒什么大不了的。
I agree with you to a point when they're flying kangaroos or giant robots,
我也同意你,要是那些朋友是會飛的袋鼠,巨型機器人的話
not surrogate mommies.
但這個等于代理母親。
Hey, Parker is having a little trouble adjusting, that’s all.
parker只是還不適應,不過如此。
Apparently, so are you. Honey, don’t be so sensitive.
你也是呀!寶貝,別這么敏感。
I hope you’re right. At the risk of sounding too sensitive,
希望你是對的。我不想聽起來很敏感
how come she gets a bigger portion?
但為什么她那份比我的多?