Mommy, Mommy, thank god, you're home!
媽咪媽咪,終于把你盼回來了。
Hey, sweet pea. Why? What's wrong?
嘿,寶貝。怎么了,出什么事了?
Daddy found a rat.
爸爸發現了一只老鼠。
Oh, did he now?
哇,這下麻煩大了。
Honey?I'm home.
寶貝?我回來了。
Hey, babe.
嘿,寶貝。
Hey.
Hi。
Hi, how was your day?
Hi,你今天過的怎么樣?
It was good, but, more importantly, how was yours?
很好,但更重要的是——你過得如何?
Parker told you about the rat, huh?
Park跟你說了老鼠的事情是吧?
Yep.
是啊。
Oh, my god, it was so disgusting.
見鬼了,真是惡心。
I came down the steps, and there it was, sitting on the counter eating a leftover grilled cheese sandwich.
我才下樓,就看見那只老鼠,它坐在柜臺上,吃著一塊剩下的奶酪三明治。
The sandwiches from yesterday?
昨天我們吃的那些三明治?
Okay, yes, the house has been too messy. Obviously, my system has some kinks in it.
是的,沒錯,我知道這房子。的確顯得非常亂,我的系統出了點問題。
But check it out. I got my act together.
但是,你看看。我現在全都搞定了。
Wow. So, um, I, I take it you took the rat outside?
哇,那么,我幫你把老鼠拿出去吧?
Oh, no, I smashed it with a shovel.
哦,不用了,我用鏟子把它砸扁了。
You killed it?
你殺了它?
Not with the first blow. Whew. Disgusting.
我只是打了它一下而已。唔,真惡心。
Hey. Little guy. I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about what happened with the shovel. 嘿,小家伙。我對于發生的一切感到十分抱歉。尤其是那鏟子。
Neither one of us saw that coming.
其實我并不想那樣的。
I know it's not much consolation, but you really helped my marriage.
我知道這么說好像起不到什么安慰作用,但是你確實挽救了我的婚姻。
That's a lot for a little rat to accomplish in one lifetime.
你真是生的偉大,死的光榮啊!
Well, it's getting late, so, hats off to ya!
好像也挺晚了,那么...入土安息吧!