Being engaged is like having all of your feelings dropped into a blender...
訂婚就像把所有感覺 都放到攪拌機里面
...and then someone hits "mix" before you put the top on.
還沒有放好蓋子 就有人打開開關了
It's the most bizarre mixture of pure joy, total dread, and gunk.
這是一種非常復雜的感覺 既有單純的快樂, 也有恐懼
See?
看到沒有?
Speaking of dread, it's time I told you about my mother.
說到恐懼 現在談一下我媽媽吧
My early memories of her are great.
開始她給我的感覺棒極了
My younger sister Anne and I were the luckiest girls in the world.
我和妹妹Anne簡直就是 這個世上最幸福的孩子
But as we got older, it became clear that things changed.
但隨著我們長大 情況開始變了
You know that saying, "You can't have a favorite child"?
聽過"不要生一個人見人愛的孩子"嗎?
Well, don't believe it.
算了, 別理它
I remember this.
我卻記住了
We took a cross-country road trip when I was 16.
16歲的時候我們去鄉間旅行
Notice something?
注意到沒有?
And it only got worse.
而且還會變壞
All of you worked tirelessly...
你們學習非常勤奮
Anne, I know that you'll be valedictorian. Anne,
我相信你會成為 致告別詞的學生代表