at least you’ll know what to do because I’m damned if I do.
至少你會知道該干什么 如果是我 就只會傻眼了
What happened to her?
她怎么樣了?
Oh, she married Belansai.
啊 她嫁給了貝萊塞
Your father wrote me a letter.
你父親寫過信給我
Was that before you proposed to me, or...
是在你向我求婚之前 還是…
Oh...
哦…
No, I think it must have been afterwards.
不 我想一定是之后
Here we go, then.
那我們開始吧!
"Dear Henry,
"親愛的亨利,
I talked things over with Cecilia again,
我又一次跟賽希爾談過了
and we have decided to return to Sarawak.
我們決定返回沙勞越
She wants to be with you,
她想跟你在一起
and I would be a coward not to finish the work I started.
如果我不能完成我的工作 我就是一個懦夫
I think the only way forward is to wipe away
我認為前進的唯一之路就是完調忘掉
the last couple of years and start life afresh.
過去的幾年 開始新的生活
I’m determined to make your daughter happy.
我下定決心 要讓你的女兒開心
Yours sincerely, John Truscott.
"真誠的 約翰.托斯卡
East of the sun
在太陽之東
I thought I’d organize a welcoming committee.
我想我組織了個歡迎會
They’re wonderful.
他們很好
Shipperly.
希珀理
Welcome back to hell.
歡迎回到地獄