I don't know if you saw it, but Josephine had some photos
不知道你們有沒有看過…
in the most recent Newsweek.
《新聞周刊》登了喬瑟芬的照片
Really?
真的?
That's just wonderful.
太棒了
I spent a week in Morocco for the story. It was incredible.
我在摩洛哥為報導拍照 那里真的很棒
Oh. We'll have to pick up a copy.
我們該去買一本
I don't know if you're aware of this, Josephine
喬瑟芬,不知道你知不知道…
but African parrots, in their native Congo, they speak only French.
非洲鸚鵡在他們的剛果家鄉 只說法文
Really?
真的?
You're lucky to get four words out of them in English.
能聽到他們講英文算你走運
But if you were to walk through the jungle
但如果你穿越森林…
you'd hear them speaking the most elaborate French.
你會聽見他們講流利的法文
Those parrots talk about everything. Politics, movies, fashion.
這些鸚鵡什么都談 政治、電影、時尚
Everything but religion.
就是不談宗教
Why not religion, Dad?
為什么不談宗教?
It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend.
談宗教很沒禮貌 你不知道可能會冒犯到誰
Josephine actually went to the Congo last year.
喬瑟芬去年到過剛果
Oh, so you know.
那你知道啰
Hello.
你好啊
Hi. How are you feeling?
你感覺如何?
Oh, I was dreaming.
我剛剛在作夢
What were you dreaming about?
你夢到什么?
Oh, I don't usually remember
我通常不會記得…
unless they're especially portentous. Do you know what that word means?
除非夢境特別兇 你知道那個字的意思吧?
It means when you dream about something that's gonna happen.
就是你夢見即將發生的事
Like one night, I had a dream
就像有一天,我夢到…
where this crow came and said:
有只烏鴉飛來跟我說:
"Your aunt is gonna die."
“你阿姨快死了”
I was so scared, I woke up my parents
我嚇壞了 我叫醒我爸媽…
but they said it was just a dream and to get back to bed.
他們說那只是個夢就回去睡了
But the next morning, my Aunt Stacy was dead.
但是第二天 我史黛阿姨過世了
That's terrible.
真可怕
Terrible for her, but think about me, young boy with that kind of power.
對她來說很可怕,但是想想我 一個擁有超能力的男孩
Wasn't three weeks later when the crow came back to me in a dream
不到三周之后 那烏鴉又出現在我夢里…
and said, "Your daddy's gonna die."
他說:“你爸快死了”
I didn't know what to do.
我不知道該怎么辦
I finally told my father, but he said:
最后我告訴我爸,他說:
"Oh, not to worry." But I could see he was rattled.
“不用擔心” 但我看得出他驚惶失措
The next morning, he wasn't himself.
第二天早上,他完全變了個人
Kept looking around, waiting for something to drop on his head.
他老是四處張望 等著有東西砸向他的腦門
Because the crow didn't say how it was gonna happen, just those words:
因為那只烏鴉沒說他會怎么死 只說了那句話:
"Your daddy's gonna die."
“你爸快死了”
Well, he left home early and was gone a long time.
他早早就出門 出去了很久一段時間
When he finally came back, he looked terrible
等他回來之后,樣子狼狽至極…
like he was waiting for the ax to fall all day.
好像他整天都在等斧頭砍向他
He said to my mother:
他跟我媽說:
"I've just had the worst day of my life."
“我剛過了這輩子最糟的一天”
"You think you've had a bad day?" She said.
我媽說:“你以為你過的很糟?”
"This morning, the milkman dropped dead on the porch."
“今天早上 送牛奶的在門口暴斃了”
Because, see, my mother was banging the milkman.
懂吧,我媽跟送牛奶的有一腿