What, a father's not allowed to talk about his son?
做父親的不能談談他的兒子?
I'm a footnote in that story, Dad...
爸,我只是故事里的小注腳…
the context for your great adventure, which never happened, incidentally.
你全在講你的冒險故事 大多都是杜撰的
You were selling novelty products in Wichita when I was born.
我出生時你正在維契市推銷玩具
Come on, Will. Everyone loves that story!
拜托,大家都喜歡那個故事!
They don't. I don't love that story. Not anymore. Not after a thousand times!
才不,我不喜歡那個故事 我聽過一千次了!
I know every punch line, Dad. I can tell them as well as you can!
我能倒背如流,說的跟你一樣好!
For one night, one night in your entire life...
你這輩子就這一個晚上…
the universe did not revolve around Edward Bloom.
整個世界不是以你 愛德華布魯為中心
How can you not understand that? - I'm sorry to embarrass you.
你怎么不能明白這點呢? -很抱歉讓你丟臉了
You're embarrassing yourself, Dad. You just don't see it.
你是丟自己的臉,你只是不知道
[04:55.46]After that night, I didn't speak to my father again for three years.
那晚之后,我有3年沒跟我父親說話
William Bloom, United Press International. If I could just...
聯合新聞社,威廉布魯…
We communicated indirectly, I guess.
我想我們彼此是間接聯系
In her letters and Christmas cards, my mother wrote for both of them.
透過母親寫來的信件和卡片
And when I'd call, she'd say Dad was out driving or swimming in the pool.
我打電話回家時 她會說爸開車出去或在游泳
True to form, we never talked about not talking.
我們照樣從不談不說話的事
The truth is, I didn't see anything of myself in my father.
事實是,我看不出我跟父親 有何相似之處
And I don't think he saw anything of himself in me.
我也不認為他覺得我跟他相像
We were like strangers who knew each other very well.
我們就像兩個彼此熟識的陌生人
In telling the story of my father's life...
要述說我父親生平的故事…
it's impossible to separate fact from fiction, the man from the myth.
根本無法區別真實與虛幻 神話與現實
The best I can do is to tell it the way he told me.
我只能把他講過的一切照實轉述
It doesn't always make sense, and most of it never happened.
內容并非全都合理 大多甚至從未發生過
Give me back my ring!
把我的戒指還我!
Thank you!
謝謝!
But that's what kind of story this is.
這故事就是如此特別