There is a widely read book that tells us everyone is a sinner.
有一本流行的書告訴我們每個人都是罪人,
Of course, not everyone who reads this book feels guilt over the bad things that they do.
當然了,不是每個人看了這書都對他們所做的壞事感到愧疚。
But Bree Van de Kamp did.
但是Bree Van De Kamp就覺得。
In fact, Bree had spent most of her life, feeling guilty.
事實上,布雷對她這輩子做的很多事都感到內疚。
As a child, she felt guilty about not getting straight A’s.
當她還是個小孩的時候,她就為了沒有一排A而羞愧。
As a teenager, she felt guilty about letting her boyfriend go to second base.
等到青年的時候,她又為了讓她男朋友上2壘而難受。
As a newlywed, she felt guilty about taking three weeks to get out her thank you cards
成了個新娘的時候,她又為花三個星期弄感謝卡而愧疚。
she knew the transgressions of her past were nothing compared with the sin she was about to commit.
但是她知道她過去做的錯事是不能跟她要坦白的罪過相比的。
Couldn't we just go to the police and tell them it was an accident?
難道我們就不能去警察局跟他們說那是個意外?
This wasn't some simple DUI.
這可不是什么簡單的二重唱啊.
Not only was your brother drinking, Andrew left the scene of the crime.
你哥不只喝了酒,Andrew還在現場留下證據了啊。
That makes it a hit and run.
所以才逃的啊
Maybe I could go to Canada, you know, until the statute of limitations is up.
或許我應該去加拿大,你知道,得到法定時效實行之后。
Do you really think mom and dad are going to foot the bill while you go moose hunting for seven years?
你真的認為爸媽只是在你去打駝鹿的7年里簽簽支票嗎?
If Carlos’ mother dies, there is no statute of limitations.
如果Carlos的媽媽死了的話,就沒有法定時效了。
Right. Because then it’s murder.
是啊,但是那會變成謀殺。
Shut up!
別說了!
You shut up!
你才別說了呢!
How could it be murder, it was an accident!
那怎么可能是謀殺,只是意外!
We have to get rid of the car. But we can't sell it.
我們必須扔了這車,但是我們不能賣。
The police might find it, and there could be DNA.
警察會找到的,會有DNA在那里。
We take the car to a bad part of town. We'll leave the keys in the ignition and the doors part
我們得把車弄到城里最壞的地方,我們把鑰匙插在上面門也不要鎖。
If the police don't find it, we'll get the insurance money,
如果警察找不著這車,我們就可以拿到保險金。
and if they do, it wasn't in our possession. Anyone could have hit Mrs. Solis.
但是如果他們找到了,這車就不屬于我們了,誰都可能撞了Solis。
That sounds good!
那倒不錯!
Bree, are you sure?
Bree,你確定嗎?
Our son could spent the rest of his life in jail. I won't allow that.
我們的兒子就要在監獄里度過他的余生。我決不允許那樣。
Bree knew what she was about to do was wrong, but like most sinners, she would worry about her guilt tomorrow.
Bree知道她所要做的事是不對的。但是像很多有罪的人一樣,她明天才擔心犯的錯。