1. wake sb up:叫醒某人
Eg. We dashed water in his face to wake him up.
我們向他臉上灑水,以把他弄醒。
Eg. I gave him a jog to wake him up.
我輕輕推他一下把他弄醒。
2. move out:搬出
Eg. My parents sympathized with my eagerness to move out.
我父母體諒我想搬出去住的急切心情。
Eg. He couldn't pay his rent, so he had to move out.
他付不起房租, 所以得搬走。
3. keep on doing something:繼續做某事
Eg. How am I to work if you keep on chattering?
象你這樣絮絮叼叼地沒個完,叫我怎么工作下去呢?
Eg.. You and I keep on attending to trifles instead of what's important.
咱們兩個人只管注意些小事情就算了,不管大事情。
4. get warmed up:熱身
Eg. The dancers warmed up backstage while the members of the audience were finding their seats.
當觀眾正在找座位時,這些舞者正在后臺做準備運動。
5. take ten:休息十分鐘,小憩
Eg. Let’s take ten and go on with our work.
我們先小憩一下,然后再繼續我們的工作。
6. have a good time:玩得很高興
Eg. I hope you' ll have a good time during your stay in China.
我希望你在中國逗留期間過得愉快。
Eg. Well Tom, I hope you have a good time in America. I'll miss you.
就這樣了,湯姆。我希望你在美國玩得很愉快。我會想你的。
7. put something in my drink:在飲料里下藥
8. take off:匆匆離開,常指突然且出人意料地) 離開
Eg. He took off at once and headed back to the motel.
他出人意料地立刻就離開了,然后回到了那家汽車旅館。
8. sleep over:在別人家過夜
Eg. If you don't want to drive, you're welcome to sleep over.
如果你今晚不想開車,可以在我家過夜。
Eg. It comes to sleeping over, my mother get angry with us.
我一談及到別人家過夜,母親就發火了。
9. dream about:夢見,夢想
Eg. How does anyone have time to dream about lost lonely souls like us?
人家哪里有工夫夢見我們這種孤魂野鬼。
Eg. I often dream about being wealthy.
我經常夢到發財。
10. fantasize about:對某人產生性幻想
Eg. Well, you know if you fantasize about some else during sex, so does your partner.
我是說,如果你在做愛的時候幻想著其他的人,你的伴侶也會如此。
11. shut up:住嘴
Eg. Shut up and do as I tell you.
少廢話,我怎么說你就怎么辦。
Eg. Shut up ! You' re just talking nonsense.
住嘴!你簡直是胡說八道。