A Mrs Bennet, a Miss Bennet,
貝內特太太、貝內特小姐
a Miss Bennet, and a Miss Bennet, sir.
貝內特小姐和貝內特小姐
Oh, for heaven's sake, are we to receive
天啊,
every Bennet in the country?
全國姓貝的都來了嗎?
What an excellent room you have, sir.
這間房間真奢華
Such expensive furnishings.
好昂貴的家具哦
Oh, I do hope you intend to stay here, Mr Bingley.
我真希望你會住下來
Absolutely. I find the country very diverting.
當然了,我覺得鄉下很有趣
Don't you agree, Darcy?
你不覺得嗎,達西?
find it perfectly adequate,
我覺得還算可以
even if society's a little less varied than in town.
只是這地方的人煙稀少
Less varied? Not at all.
人煙稀少?不會啦
We dine with four and twenty families of all shapes and sizes.
這兒有二十四戶人家耶
Sir William Lucas, for instance, is a very agreeable man
盧卡斯爵士就是個大好人
and a good deal less self- important than some people half his rank.
而且一點都不傲慢自大
Mr Bingley, is it true that you've promised
你是不是答應要舉辦一場舞會?
to hold a ball here at Netherfield? - A ball?
舞會?
It would be an excellent way to meet new friends.
那是認識新朋友的好機會
You could invite the militia. They're excellent company.
你可以邀請軍官
Oh, do hold a ball. - Kitty. –
辦舞會好耶 - 凱蒂
When your sister is recovered, you shall name the day.
等你姐病好了就挑個日子吧
I think a ball is a perfectly irrational way
參加舞會并不能
to gain new acquaintance.
真正認識朋友
It would be better if conversation, instead of dancing,
我覺得跟跳舞比起來
were the order of the day.
辦讀書會才能認識朋友
Indeed, much more rational, but rather less like a ball.
沒錯,不過那就不算是舞會
Thank you, Mary.
謝謝你,瑪麗