So, she bit her lip every time I went at her.Incredibly anxious.
我每次向她提問 她都會咬嘴唇 極其焦慮
I don't know how we missed it earlier.
真不明白我們早些時候為何沒注意到
Well, lie detection's all about asking the right questions.
偵破謊言的關鍵在于問對問題
Shame.They were paying top dollar, too.
真遺憾 他們也是為了利潤
You calling reporters?
你打給記者嗎?
No, made them up.Uh, Vandeman will be trying to track them down,which will buy us a little time.
不 那是我編的 不過萬德曼得設法對付他們 這能給我們爭取點時間
Time for what?
用來做什么?
Heidi? Yeah.Can you make an appointment with,uh, Jim Gunderson of the FDA?Tell him it's urgent.Yeah, I'm on my way back.
是海蒂嗎? 是我 能替我和食品藥物管理局的吉姆·甘德森預約一下嗎?和他說是很緊急的事 我馬上回來
It's mice, Cal.It's one study.
不過是老鼠而已 卡爾 只是一個實驗
Yeah, well, Vandeman's lying about the other tests.
但萬德曼就其他實驗也說了謊
Well, even if you're right,there's not enough here to pull Priox off the market.
即使你是對的 這也不足以將所有的Priox從市場召回
I can start investigation, but I can't do more than that.
我能開展調查 但僅此而已
FDA investigations take months.A lot of people could die, Jim.
食品藥物管理局的調查需要幾個月 會害死很多人的 吉姆
Well, if you can prove that Vandeman manipulated the Priox testing, I'll recall the drug immediately.
只要你能證明萬德曼捏造了 "普利克斯"的檢測結果 我立刻召回那些藥物
But without more hard data, my hands are tied.
但若沒有確鑿證據 我也無能為力
All right, well, uh,do you mind if I use your name?Throw it around, see if I can open a few doors?
那好吧 你不介意我以你的名義去嘗試下能不能有其他渠道吧
You should start with your friend Buchanan.He was a driving force behind the drug's approval.
你應該從你朋友布克南身上入手 他是藥物批準的幕后推動者
Buchanan pushed the drug?
是布克南推動的?
Yeah, I can show you about a dozen letters he submitted on behalf of Priox.You do know he's on the Ribocore payroll?
沒錯 我可以給你看他為"普利克斯"遞交的十二封信件 你知道他受雇于Ribocore公司的吧?
He's not involved in this.Jeffrey encouraged me to come and talk to you.
他和此事無關 杰弗里鼓動我來找你談
I mean, he's as eager to get to the bottom of this as we are.
所以說 他和我們一樣渴望弄清事實真相
Jeffrey encouraged me to come see you?
杰弗里鼓動我來找你談?
All right, the walls at the FDA have ears.
行了 我們還在食品藥物管理局呢 隔墻有耳
Yeah, well, then I'm sure they can tell you were lying, too.
這樣我肯定他們也能看出你在撒謊了
Hey, if Jeffrey knew what was going on,he'd have come to the FDA himself.
如果杰弗里知道事情真相 他就自己來找食品藥物管理局了
The guy's on the payroll.He pushed the drug through FDA approvals.
他受雇于那家公司 是他推動管理局批準那藥物
You can't really believe that.You know...If it was someone in your family, all right,
你不是說真的吧 要知道...如果換作是你的家人
how much proof would you need before you hung them out?
你要如何才能說服自己認定他們有罪?
I... Look, if Jeffrey knows about Priox, he's going to jail,but I'm gonna be damn sure before I send him there.
我...聽著 如果杰弗里 知道內幕 他就得去坐牢 但我在這么做之前 必須完全確定才行
All right?Okay. Good.
行了嗎?好吧 很好