視頻欣賞:
臺詞賞析:
Mr. Brocklehurst : The Lord has seen fit to burden us once more.
主又將一項重任降在我們肩上了。
Who's that girl with red hair?
紅發的女孩叫什么?
Miss Cathard : Burns, sir, Helen Burns.
Burns,先生,Helen Burns。
Mr. Brocklehurst : Burns, step forward. Vanity!
Burns,站出來!虛榮!
You see this vanity. Long curled hair, masses of red curls!
你們都看看這種虛榮:長長的卷發,一頭紅色的卷發!
It is in defiance of every decent principle of this school!
這樣做違反了學院里任何一條最寬容的規矩!
You know that, as well as I do.
我相信你和我都同樣清楚。
Jane : It is my fault sir,I told her to take off her bonnet.
是我的錯,是我叫她脫掉帽子的。
Mr. Brocklehurst : I don't care about her bonnet! It's her hair, her curls! Her vanity!
這并不是帽子的問題!是她的卷發,她的虛榮心!
Miss Temple: It's not vanity Mr. Brocklehurst.Helen's hair curls naturally.
Brocklehurst先生,她不是虛榮,她的卷發是天生長成的。
Mr. Brocklehurst : And does she not sin, naturally, as well?
那你是說她生來無原罪嗎?
I am here to teach you discipline, I am here to correct nature.
我在這里教她們規矩,在這里為他們洗滌原罪。
So are you, Miss Temple.
Temple先生你也是一樣的。
Miss Temple : Well, let me try to arrange the hair so that it does not offend you.
那我們來整理一下她的頭發那就不會妨礙你了。
Mr. Brocklehurst : Offending me is not the issue!
妨礙我根本就沒有關系!
It is the child's vanity that must be suppressed!
需要的是抑制這孩子的虛榮心!
Proverbs, chapter 30, verse 8. Remove far from me vanity and lies.
圣經30章第8節教誨道:一切虛榮虛偽離我遠去。
The girl's hair shall be cut off!
要把她的頭發剪掉!
Jane : No!
不要!
Mr. Brocklehurst : Did someone speak?
剛才誰說的話?
Jane : Why should you punish her for the way God made her hair?
為什么上帝賜予她這樣的頭發你就要懲罰她?
Mr. Brocklehurst : Fetch the scissors...You, Jane Eyre.
你,Jane Eyre,拿剪刀來…
Did you hear what I said? I will not ask you again.
聽到我說了嗎?我不會再說第二次。