賽斯是一位天使,凡人看不到天使,只有將死的人才能看到他們。而天使的任務就是帶走他們的靈魂。一天,賽斯出現在洛杉磯一家醫院的手術間,醫生正在極力搶救病人,但最終賽斯還是帶走了他。手術期間,賽斯感受到了主刀女醫生瑪姬的注視,那目光里的堅定和執著深深震撼了賽斯,他已經被瑪姬吸引住了。瑪姬因為手術失敗而無比自責,感到絕望無力。這期間賽斯一直默默地陪在瑪姬身邊,盡管瑪姬感受不到他的存在。
賽斯愛上了瑪姬,這個美麗善良而自信的女醫生。他多么希望瑪姬能注意到他,多么希望能夠碰觸瑪姬(天使是沒有觸覺的),并走進她的生活。凡人看不見天使,除非天使自愿現身。所以賽斯冒險在瑪姬面前現身了。瑪姬只見了賽斯一面,就再也忘不了了。她被賽斯英俊的外表和憂郁迷人的氣質吸引。
All right, they have rescheduled the operation for Monday.
好吧,他們把手術時間改到了周一。
What happened yesterday?
為什么昨天不做?
They had a golf tournament.
因為有高爾夫聯賽?
Who knows with these people?
誰知道呢?
Good morning, Mr. Messinger.
早上好,麥辛格先生。
The G is soft, like messenger.
G不發音,他叫麥森杰。
What's on your lip?
你嘴唇上沾的什么?
What? Am I slobbering here?
什么?我流口水了?
Where did you get that?
你從哪兒弄來的?
What am I, a prisoner?
怎么,難道我是囚犯么?
You want to get well, or you want Ben & Jerry's?
你要想病好,就不能吃冰激凌。
This operation is a big deal.
手術很重要。
Continue to eat like this...
你要是繼續這樣吃下去
...and you might as well skip it. Save the 30 grand.
干脆別做手術了。還能省三萬塊錢。
If you'd have performed the operation yesterday like you were supposed to...
如果你按計劃昨天就給我做手術
...I'd be sucking carrots through a straw in my arm. What happened?
我現在就能用吸管喝胡蘿卜汁了。到底怎么回事?
Circumstances were not optimal for the procedure.
當時的情況不適合進行該程序。
I ain't the procedure. My name is Nathan Messinger and I'm right here.
我又不是程序 。我叫納森• 麥新杰,就在你眼前。