-Rachel: This Alan again? How's it going?
還是那個Alan?進展的怎么樣了?
-Monica: It's going pretty good, you know? It's nice, and, we're having fun.
一切順利,很不錯,我們在一起很開心。
-Joey: So when do we get to meet the guy?
那什么帶回來讓我們認識認識?
-Monica: Let's see, today's Monday... Never.
我想想,今天星期一…永遠不。
……
-Monica: Look, I don't even know how I feel about him yet. Just give me a chance to figure that out.
各位,我連自己對他有什么感覺都還不知道,給我點時間想清楚。
-Rachel: Well, then can we meet him?
這么說我們能見見他了?
-Monica: Nope. Schhorry.
不。抱——歉!
figure out: 弄清楚,想清楚【口語高頻詞組】
實例:
I can't figure out why he quit his job.
我琢磨不透他為什么要辭掉工作。
He's trying to figure out a way to solve the problem.
他正在努力想辦法解決這個問題。
I can't figure out why he is absent.
我弄不明白他為什么缺席。
Married people don't hate singles. They just want us figured out.
已婚者并不排斥單身人士。他們只是想摸清我們的底細。——《欲望都市》