1.And he's the mastermind of this whole thing.
他是整個事情的主謀。
mastermind=策劃者,主謀
2.he acknowledge that whatever neuroses drove the criminal to commit the original crime is compounded.
他知道無論是什么神經機能病變導致的最初犯罪都是復雜的。
commit the crime=犯罪
acknowledge =承認,知道
3.You're not being very transparent,Warden.
你不是很坦率,獄長。
transparent=透明的
4.But it's going to make collaboration kind of hard.
不過這樣合作起來就不那么容易了。
collaboration=cooperation 協作,合作
5.I'm the furthest thing from a threat.
我根本沒有威脅。
這句話體現了老外說話的藝術性,非直來直去的表達自己的意思,譬如老外喜歡用"is the ice cold?" 來表達"yes"之意。
6.why don't you cut out all the riddles,snowflake,and just give us to a straight.
你干嘛不把話說明點,小白臉。
riddle=謎題
straight 除了"直"的意思外,也用于"異性戀者",反義是homosexual同性戀者
7.the harder you struggle,the worse it gets.你越掙扎,情況越糟。
這是我們在中文里經常聽到的
struggle=掙扎
8.Self-presevation is a strong motivator.自衛是很強的因素。
self-presevation=self-protection 自衛
motivator 動機,因素
9.one thing you learn when you're walking the steps is that you never outsource a blame that belongs in your own backyard.
當你經歷這些,你學到的一件事就是自己做錯了事就不要去責怪別人。
walk the steps=一步步地經歷下來
10.you fell for her 你愛上了她
等于我們常見的you felling in love with her
11.Sir,I cannot do a procedure like this without an anesthetic.
先生,如果沒有麻醉劑,我沒法動這個手術。
procedure=手術 ;anesthetic=麻醉藥
12.I want you to turn youself in.我希望你去自首。
這里的turn in 是"自首"的意思,若換成"i want you to turn him in"則turn in為"告發"的意思