1.kind of 相當;有一些:
I'm kind of hungry.
我有些餓了
He was kind of a fool.
他有點兒傻。
情景對話:
--Are you interested in such book? 你對這種書感興趣嗎?
--Yeah, kind of. 是的,有點兒興趣。
2. had better...最好...;其中better后直接跟動詞原形;
You’d better be silent about what you saw.
你最好對所看到的事保持沉默。
情景對話:
--She works very hard every day. 她每天工作都很努力。
--She's better be careful not to overdo it. 她最好小心別工作過頭了。
3. stay away from...遠離...,與...保持距離;
You just stay away from me please.
求你離開我。
情景對話:
--Do you see that guy who follows us? 看到那個跟蹤我們的人了嗎?
--Tell him to stay away from us. 告訴他離我們遠點。
4. let's say...比如說...
Let's say if it happens, then what will we do?
假設情況發生了,那我們該怎么辦?
Let's say that he did not do that, then who did? :
如果說這不是他干的,那是誰干的?
5.Put off 把(某人、要求等)搪塞過去;支吾
She keeps putting off going to the dentist.
她老是拖延著不去看牙病。
情景對話:
--My partner always put off my requirements off. 她總是把我的請求支吾過去。
--Tell her it's compulsory for work next time. 下次告訴她這是工作必須的。
6. hang out出去玩,閑逛;
He always hangs out around the beach in sunny days.
天氣好的日子他總在海邊閑逛。
情景對話:
--Where will you go this weekend? 這個周末你準備哪里去?
--Hang out in the forest with my friends. 和朋友在樹林里玩。