1.Absolem? Why are you upside down?
upside down “上下顛倒”;
Everything was turned upside down.
事情都亂了套。
You hold it upside down.
你拿倒了。
He turns everything upside down.
他使每件事翻攪得亂七八糟。
2.come to the end of...“到了...的末尾”;
When you come to the end of the street, bear to the left.
當你走到街道盡頭時,向左轉。
I have come to the end of my patience.
我已經忍耐到極點了。
3.as...as...“和...一樣”,用于比較句型,中間插入的是形容詞或副詞的原級。意思是"達到與什么相同的程度"。
He is as strong as a horse. 他力大如牛。
Your pen writes as smoothly as mine.你的鋼筆書寫起來和我的一樣流暢。
This film is as interesting as that one.這部電影和那部電影一樣有趣。
4.What do you call yourself? “你叫什么名字?”
與what's your name?意思相同。
5.I'm certain of it.
be certain of sth.“確信,對...有把握”;
We are certain of victory.
我們一定會獲得勝利。
Are you certain of that ?
你對那事有把握嗎?
6.It wasn't a dream at all.
not...at all“根本不...”;
注意:當not at all單獨使用時,其意思是“不用謝,不客氣,沒關系”,而當它用在句中時,意思和not...at all一樣,即”根本不...“;
I'm not at all satisfied.
我一點也不滿意。
--Thank you so much for your help.感謝你的大力幫助。
--Not at all. 別客氣。
7.All you have to do, is hold on to it.
hold on to it”堅持,把握住“;
My father said that if we believe something was true, we should hold on to it.
父親說如果我們相信某事是真的,就應該堅持。