1.Do you ever feel like a chess piece yourself? In a game being played against your will?
feel like “感覺像是...”;
What does it feel like ?
這東西摸上去像什么?
against one's will “違反某人的意志,違心地,不得已”,與此有關的還有at one's (own)sweet will (=at one's own will)“隨意地,隨心所欲地”,at will“任意地, 隨意地”,bend sb. to one's will (=lay[impose] one's will on sb.)"把意志強加于人";
She is very demanding and her husband has to against his will in many matters.
她是個很挑剔的女人,在很多事情上她丈夫不得不違心而為。
He sold his car against his will.
他不得已才賣了汽車。
You can vary the speed at your will.
你可以隨意變化速度。
Nobody could bend me to his will.
誰也不能使我屈從他的意志。
2.I'm sure...“我確信...,我相信...”,表示某人對某事有把握;
I'm sure that he is coming to help me.
我相信他會來幫我的。
The teacher is sure that these books are interesting.
這位老師相信這些書本都很有趣。
3.Why don't we ring for some music?
why don't you...?你為什么不...?后面跟動詞原形,表示提供建議,與why not(”為什么不...“)相同;
Why don't you try another way?
為什么不試試別的辦法呢?
Why not have a picnic this afternoon?
今天下午去野餐怎么樣?
而why didn't you...?在一般情況下有責備的意思;
Why didn' t you finish your homework yesterday?
你昨天為什么沒有完成作業?