1. Gucci, but you're getting better at this. Thanks, mom.
【句子翻譯】古琦,不過你越來越懂行了。謝謝媽。
【句子解析】get better“轉好”;
She'll get better one day, please God.
她總有一天會好起來的,愿上帝開恩。
The weather is bound to get better tomorrow.
明天天氣一定會變好。
Let's get better acquainted.
讓我們進一步相互了解吧。
2. Please. I figure we gotta break out the labels for your first day of high school. We can't afford college now, but at least you'll be styling. Oh! Oh! Speaking of styling. Betty, straight from Edinburgh!
【句子翻譯】別客氣,上高中第一天我們要高調一點,現在還沒錢上大學,但至少你很潮。說到潮,貝蒂,從愛丁堡直郵過來的。
【句子解析】break out“爆發”;at least“至少”;speak of“談到、提及”;
He prophesied that war would break out.
他預言說戰爭將要爆發。
His face broke out in a rash.
他的臉上突然長滿了皮疹。
She's completely homeless at least I have my parents to fall back on.
她是真正無家可歸--我至少有父母可依靠。
To go abroad to study, you should at least master the language.
要到國外讀書,你最起碼要掌握那種語言。
The events I'm speaking of were subsequent to the war.
我現在說到的事情都是戰后發生的。
I am not free on Sundays, not to speak of Mondays.
我星期天都沒空,更不用說星期一了。