劇情提示:聽到艾希利要和梅蘭結婚的消息,思佳麗非常震驚,她不敢相信,因為她一直覺得艾希利是喜歡自己的,她決定問剛從十二橡樹回來的父親...
Mr. O'HARA: (To his horse) There's none in the county can touch you, and none in the state.
奧哈拉:全國,全州都沒人敢碰你。
SCARLETT: Paw? How proud of yourself you are!
思嘉:爸爸,你很驕傲。
Mr. O'HARA: Well, it is Scarlett O'Hara. So, you've been spying on me. And like your sister Sue Ellen, you'll be telling your mother on me, that I was jumping again.
奧哈拉:原來是思嘉·奧哈拉。你在監視我,你是不是要象你妹妹蘇愛倫那樣向你媽告我的狀呢?說我又跳欄柵了?
SCARLETT: Oh, Paw, you know I'm no 'tattle like Sue Ellen. But it does seem to me that after you broke your knee last year jumping that same fence......
思嘉:爸爸,你知道我不象蘇·愛倫那樣愛搬弄是非。但是你去年跳欄弄傷了膝蓋,從那后我就覺得這欄……
Mr. O'HARA: I'll not have me own daughter telling me what I shall jump and not jump. It's my own neck, so it is.
奧哈拉:我不用我的女兒告訴我是跳還是不跳。這是我自己的事。
SCARLETT: All right Paw, you jump what you please. How are they all over at Twelve Oaks?
思嘉:好吧,爸,隨你喜歡吧。十二橡樹那邊怎么樣?
Mr. O'HARA: The Wilkes? Oh, what you expect, with the barbecue tomorrow and talking, nothing but war...
奧哈拉:威爾克斯家?還能有什么呢?明天的燒烤會,談來談去不過是戰爭。
SCARLETT: Oh bother the war....was there, was there anyone else there?
思嘉:煩人的戰爭,還有其他人嗎?·
Mr. O'HARA: Oh, their cousin Melanie Hamilton from Atlanta. And her brother Charles.
奧哈拉:還會有他們的表親,亞特蘭大來的媚蘭·漢密爾頓。還有她弟弟查爾斯。
SCARLETT: Melanie Hamilton. She's a pale-faced mealy-mouthed ninny and I hate her.
思嘉:媚蘭·威爾克斯,那個面青唇白的傻瓜,我討厭她!
Mr. O'HARA: Ashley Wilkes doesn't think so.
奧哈拉:希禮·威爾克斯可不這么想。
SCARLETT: Ashley Wilkes couldn't like anyone like her.
思嘉:希禮·威爾克斯可不會喜歡她這種人。
Mr. O'HARA: What's your interest in Ashley and Miss Melanie?
奧哈拉:你怎么對希禮和媚蘭小姐這么感興趣。
SCARLETT: It's...it's nothing. Let's go into the house, Paw.
思嘉:晤,沒什么,我們進屋吧,爸。