167.Out of Print
167.脫銷
When Dale came running in out of the blue he yelled at several people to get out of the way!
當戴爾出乎意外地跑進來時,他對幾個人直喊別擋路!
It was obvious that he was out of sorts,so they complied.
很顯然他心情不好,所以他們就乖乖地聽了他的。
Then, when he came up to us, he stopped to catch his breath. He was all out of steam from running so far!
等到他來到我們面前,他便停下來喘氣。 跑那么快,他整個兒人都精疲力竭了!
"The book is out of stock! So I ran to another bookstore and they told me it was also out of print! What are we going to do?"
"這本書已經脫銷了!所以我跑到另外一家書店,他們也告訴我已經脫銷了!我們準備怎么辦?"
"Are you so out of shape that you can't run a bit, Dale?" Martha said to him.
"你身體不好到一點兒都不能跑嗎,戴爾?"瑪莎對他說道。
"Are you out of your mind to tease me about that? This is serious, Martha!
"這樣取笑我你瘋了嗎?這事兒很嚴重的,瑪莎!
We have to have that book to study for the test!"
要準備考試我們就得有那本書!"
"Since when are they out of textbooks at this university?
"這所大學是從什么時候開始沒有這種課本的?
That's really poor planning on their part! And therefore not our fault!"
他們的計劃做得可真夠差的!因此這不是我們的錯!"
"Oh my goodness! Now I remember Professor Lewis saying something about this last month.
"啊,我的天!現在我想起來了,劉易斯教授上個月說這件事來著。
He said that if we didn't buy the book that week we would be out of luck for the rest of the semester!"
他說如果那個星期我們沒買那本書,剩下的這個學期我們都會運氣不好的!"
Their faces all dropped! "Okay, okay. Let's not let this thing get out of proportion!
他們的臉都沉了下來!"好啦,好啦。別讓這件事過于影響我們!
First, we need to find someone else who has the book and then we can photocopy it!"
首先,我們需要找個有這本書的人,然后我們可以復印!"
"The photocopy machine is out of order!" "Then we'll go to Kinko's!"
"復印機壞了! " "那我們去金科店!"
When they found someone with the book they all relaxed and cleaned up the things that were out of place!
等到找到有那本書的人,他們都松了一口氣,接著就把那些不合適的事情處理完了。
"Whew! I was almost out of my senses there for a while!" Dale said.
"哎,那會兒我差點要瘋了!"戴爾說。
"Thank goodness, it's over! Now we can put the whole thing out of sight and out of mind!"
"謝天謝地總算過去了!現在我們可以對這件事眼不見心不煩啦!"