Read a student letter in the campus newspaper.
請閱讀校報上的這封學生來信。
You will have 50 seconds to read the letter. Begin reading now.
你有50秒的時間閱讀。現在請開始閱讀。
Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
現在請聽兩位學生討論這封信。
Woman: Did you see this, Jim? What do you think about her idea?
女:你看過這個了嗎,Jim?你覺得她的想法怎么樣?
Man: I think it'd be great. It'd make things much less expensive.
男:我覺得很棒啊。這樣的話就能節省很多錢了。
'cause our campus is located outside the city, if you can't get a friend with a car to give you a ride, there is no other way to get to the airport. And your only choice is to take a taxi.
因為我們學校在郊區,如果你沒有開車的朋友能送你一程的話,你是沒有辦法去機場的。這樣你就只能打的去機場了。
Woman: I know. I've had to take a taxi before and it's pretty expensive.
女:我知道。我之前就打過的士去機場,太貴了。
Man: Yeah, like thirty or forty dollars which is a lot especially for students.
男:對,差不多要三四十美元,這太貴了,尤其是對學生來說。
Woman: Yeah, definitely.
女:是的,沒錯。
Man: And I think it would work what she's suggesting.
男:而且我覺得她的建議是可行的。
I mean, there is less need for buses on campus during that time to take students between the buildings.
男:你看,那段時間學校里并不需要那么多公交車來接送學生往返于教學樓之間。
Woman: You mean because classes are over then?
女:你是說因為那個時候都已經結課了?
Man: Yeah, exactly, there might some final exams still going on but regular classes won't be meeting.
男:對啊,那會兒可能還有些期末考試,但是常規課程都結束了。
There are much fewer students left on campus and they don't need to get around campus that often.
留在學校的學生會少很多,而他們也不需要那么頻繁地在校園里活動。
Woman: Yeah, I guess they're just making occasional trips to take exams or go to the library or gym or whatever.
女:是啊,我想他們應該也只是偶爾去考試,或者去圖書館、健身房什么的。
Man: Right, it shouldn't cause any problems for anyone who still needs to get around campus.
男:對,所以這樣做的話對那些還需要在校園里活動的人來說,也造成不了什么麻煩。