Listen to a conversation between two students.
請聽兩位學生之間的對話。
Man: I don't know about you, but, I'm really looking forward to summer break.
男:我不知道你怎么想,不過我真的超級期待暑假。
Woman: I can't even think that far ahead.
女:我還沒法想到那么遠。
I've got so much to do before the end of the semester.
這學期結束之前我要做的事情太多了。
I've been feeling pretty stressed out lately.
最近我壓力實在太大了。
Man: Why? What's going on?
男:嗯?怎么了?
Woman: Well, I just have so many assignments.
女:我的作業太多了。
I've got three major research papers to do and they all due, basically, at the same time, in two weeks.
我有三份專業研究報告要寫,而且基本上都要在同一時間完成--兩周內。
Man: Wow! Three? That is a lot. And research papers take a lot of time.
男:哇,三份?那確實很多,而且研究報告要花很多時間。
Woman: Right, and between my job and classes, there just aren't enough hours in the day to get them all done.
女:對啊,而且我每天還要上課和工作,根本沒有足夠時間把它們全搞定。
Man: Well, is there anything you could cut from your schedule, I mean, you're working part-time in an office in town, aren't you?
男:那...你的日程表里有沒有可以刪掉的活動?你在市里一家辦公室兼職,對嗎?
Why don't you just reduce your hours there for a while, at least till you get the papers done.
為什么不暫時減少一些在那上班的時間呢?最起碼等你把報告搞定。
Woman: Well, I guess I could tell my boss I need to cut back on my hours for a couple of weeks, uh, but I don't know, I haven't been working there very long.
女:好吧,我想我可以跟老板說我這兩個星期要少工作幾個小時,不過我也說不好,我在那工作沒多久。
I don't want to make a bad impression by asking for time off already?
現在就請假會讓他對我印象不好吧?我不想這樣...
Man: What else could you do?
男:那你還能怎么辦呢?
Woman: Well, another option is I could get an extension on one of the papers.
女:嗯...還有一個選擇就是我可以給其中一份報告申請延期。
I asked one of my professors about it, my History professor, and she said it would be OK if I handed the paper in a week late.
我問過其中一個教授了,我的歷史教授,她說我晚一個周交報告也可以。
So, I guess I could just concentrate on getting the other two papers done first.
所以,我想這樣我就可以先集中精神搞定另外兩份報告。
Man: Oh, that's great.
男:哦,那很好啊。
Woman: Yeah, only she said she'd have to take a few points off the grade for the paper since it would be late, you know, to be fair to the other students.
女:是啊,只不過她說因為我交的時間晚,所以為了公平起見,要扣掉我幾分。
Man: Oh, that's a drag. So what are you gonna do?
男:啊,那也是個問題。所以你打算怎么辦?
Woman: Uh, I don't know yet.
女:我還沒想清楚呢。