Listen to a conversation between two students.
請聽兩位學生之間的對話。
Male Student: Hey. Lin. What' s up?
男學生:嗨,Lin。怎么了?
Female Student: Oh. Just getting ready for my grandmother to come to town.
女學生:沒什么,我奶奶要來城里啦,我在做些準備。
She is flying in tomorrow to visit me for a few days at school.
她明天坐飛機過來看我,會在學校待幾天。
Male Student: Oh. Yeah? Is she going to stay at your apartment?
男學生:哦,真的嗎?那她要住在你的公寓里嗎?
Female Student: Yeah. It would be good. We can spend some time together and I can show her around campus and stuff.
女學生:對啊,多好啊。我們可以一起待一段時間,我還可以帶她參觀我們學校。
Male Student: Sounds nice.
男學生:聽起來不錯。
Female Student: Yeah. I am looking forward to it.
女學生:是啊,我好期待。
But I am not sure what to do about picking her up from the airport.
但是我不知道該怎么去機場接她。
Male Student: What do you mean?
男學生:怎么說?
Female Student: Well, her flight gets in tomorrow.
女學生:嗯...她的飛機明天到。
But the problem is, my biology professor scheduled a special review session...uh...for an upcoming biology exam at the same time I am supposed to pick her up.
但是問題是,我的生物課教授為即將到來的生物課考試安排了一次特別的復習講習會,時間正好就是我該去接她的時間。
I didn't know there'd be this conflict.
我沒想到時間會沖突。
Male Student: Oh. Well, how important is the review session?
男學生:嗯...那...這個復習講習會很重要嗎?
Do you think you can miss it to pick your grandmother up?
你覺得能不能不去這個講習會而去接你奶奶呢?
Female Student: It's optional. But this professor's review sessions are usually really helpful, he does a good job going over what's going to be on the exam.
女學生:也不是不行。但是這個教授的復習講習會歷來都非常有用,他很擅長復習考試可能會出現的內容。
So it would be good to go, but...maybe I'll have to miss it.
所以去的話很有好處,但是...也許我還是不去了。
Male Student: Is there something else you could do?
男學生:那還有沒有別的辦法?
Female Student: Yeah. Actually I spoke with my friend Mary and she offered to pick my grandma up from the airport.
女學生:有。實際上我跟我的朋友Mary聯系過了,她提出可以去機場接我奶奶。
Male Student: Great. Why don't you do that then?
男學生:那很好啊,你為什么不這么做呢?
Female Student: Maybe. But Mary doesn't even know my grandmother.
女學生:也許吧。但是Mary甚至都不認識我奶奶啊。
And I don't know how grandma would feel about being picked up by a stranger.
而且我不知道奶奶對于被一個陌生人接機會有什么反應。
She'd probably be more comfortable being picked up by me.
可能她更愿意我去接她。
Male Student: Oh. Well...
男學生:好吧...