A student has written a letter to the university newspaper.
一個學生給大學報社寫了一封信。
You will have 45 seconds to read the letter.
你將有45秒的時間閱讀這封信。
Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
兩個學生正在討論這封信,請聽他們的對話。
Man: Did you see this letter?
男:你看過這封信了嗎?
Woman: Yeah, why?
女:看過了,怎么了?
Man: Well, I don't agree. It's definitely not the same thing to just go on the university's Web site.
男:我不贊成他們的建議。只上學校官網絕對不是同一回事。
Woman: You don't think so?
女:你覺得不是嗎?
Man: No, I mean, sure, the basic information is there, but that's not all advisors help you with.
男:不是。當然了,官網上確實有基本信息,但是指導老師能幫到你的可不止這些。
Sometimes there're different ways you can meet a requirement for graduation, like, different classes you can take.
有時候要達到畢業要求有很多不同的方法,比如可以選擇不同的課程。
And if you talk to someone, they can help you figure it out.
如果你能找一個人聊一聊這個問題,他也許就能幫你搞清楚。
Woman: And you can't get that from just reading what's on the Web site.
女:但是光看官網上的信息是沒辦法像這樣弄明白的。
Man: Right, advisors have a lot of extra information so they make it easier for you to see what your choices are.
男:沒錯,指導老師那兒有很多額外的信息,所以他們讓你更容易明白自己有哪些選擇。
Woman: I see what you mean.
女:我懂你的意思。
Man: And as for scheduling meetings, I've never had that kind of trouble.
男:至于安排見面時間,我在這方面從來都沒遇到過問題。
Woman: Me neither.
女:我也是。
Man: So anyone who does have problems must be waiting to the last minute to set something up.
男:所以那些遇到了問題的人肯定都是等到最后一秒才開始行動的人。
Woman: That's possible.
女:有可能。
Man: I mean, the thing is, if you call or go to the office early enough to set up an appointment, schedules are open.
男:你看,實際上如果早一點打電話或者去辦公室預約的話,還是蠻容易的。