Listen to a conversation between two students.
請聽兩個學生之間的對話。
Woman: Hey, Steve, are you ready for classes to start?
女:Steve,就要開學了,你準備好了嗎?
Man:Not really. There's still a big conflict in my course schedule.
男:還沒呢。我的課程表上還是有很大的沖突。
Woman: What's wrong?
女:怎么了?
Man:This is my last semester and I've still got two required courses left to take in order to finish my literature degree.
男:這是我最后一個學期了,可是我還得上完兩門必修課才能修完文學學位。
Woman: Ok?
女:嗯?
Man:I have to take both History of the Novel and Shakespeare or I can't graduate!
男:我必須同時學完小說史和莎士比亞才能畢業!
Problem is the two courses meet at the same time!
可問題是這兩門課的上課時間完全一樣!
Woman: Uh, oh. What are you gonna do?
女:啊?那你打算怎么辦?
Man:Well, I talked to the professor who's gonna teach Shakespeare, he said I could do an independent study to fulfill that requirement.
男:嗯...我跟教莎士比亞的教授聯系過了,他說我可以通過自學來修滿學分。
Woman: How would that work?
女:怎么個自學法?
Man:I'd read the assigned texts on my own, do all the same assignments, and meet with him when I need to, if I had any questions.
男:我要自己讀完指定的課文,和其他同學一樣完成所有的作業,然后有問題的時候去找他。
Woman: Well, that sounds a good way to fulfill the requirement.
女:哦,聽起來是個不錯的修學分的辦法啊。
Man:Yeah, plus it'd be nice to have one-on-one discussions with the professor.
男:是啊,而且能和教授一對一討論問題也不錯。
It's just that, well, working on my own like that, I'm kind of concerned I won't be able to motivate myself to get the work done on time.
只不過...像那樣自己學習...唉,我還是擔心不能督促自己按時完成任務啊。
It's easy to put things off when it's not an actual class, you know?
你知道的,在沒有真正去上課的情況下,做事情很容易拖延的。
Woman: Yeah, are there other options?
女:是的。那你還有別的辦法嗎?
Man:Um, yeah, I found out that the Shakespeare class is being offered at another university about half an hour from here.
男:嗯,有。我發現離我們學校開車只要半小時的另一個大學也有莎士比亞這門課。
That university has a really great literature program and our university will accept their credits, so…
那所大學有一個很棒的文學項目,我們學校也承認他們的學分,所以...
Woman: That's an idea!
女:想法不錯。
Man:Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a good class. And it'd fulfill the requirement.
男:是啊,我相信課程一定不錯,還能修滿學分。
Only thing is, you know, I'd have to drive half an hour to get to the class and then half an hour to come back, three times a week!
只不過每次我都得開半個小時的車去上課,再開半個小時車回來,一個星期三次!
That's a lot of time and gas money.
這要花我很多時間和汽油錢啊。