Briefly summarize the woman's problem then state which solution you would recommend.
請簡要概括一下這位女士遇到的問題,然后說明你會推薦哪種解決方案。
Explain the reasons for your recommendation.
并解釋原因。
Susan, what happened to your arm? It's my wrist, actually.
Susan,你的胳膊怎么了?其實是我的手腕。
I sprained it last weekend and I am kind of upset about it
上周末我的手腕扭傷了,而且對此我有點沮喪,
because I'm supposed to play the violin in my string quartet's big concert next week.
因為下星期我原本應該在我們弦樂四重奏樂團的大音樂會上演奏小提琴的。
We've been practicing for weeks and we've already sold a bunch of tickets.
我們連續練習了好幾個星期了,而且已經賣出去了很多張票。
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. What are you gonna do?
聽到這個消息太遺憾了,那你打算怎么辦?
Well, I was thinking about trying to play anyway,
嗯...我打算無論如何也要試試繼續演出,
I mean, I really don't want to let the other three group members down.
說真的,我實在不想讓樂團另外三位成員失望。
Plus the doctor said my wrist should be feeling better by then.
況且,醫生說到那個時候我的手腕應該會好一些。
Oh, OK, so problem solved, right? Not exactly.
哦,好吧,那問題就解決了呀,對嗎?也不完全是。
I'm worried I'm gonna be out of practice,
我有點擔心會缺乏練習,
like I haven't been able to play the violin since I sprained my wrist.
你看,自從我扭到手腕之后就一直沒法練習小提琴。
What if I don't play well? I'd make the rest of the group sound bad.
萬一我表現得不好怎么辦?到時候一定會連累樂團其他人的。
Why don't you get somebody else to take your place?
那你為什么不找別人代替你呢?
Well, there's only one other person I know who could do it and that's Jim.
嗯......我只認識一個能做這件事的人,那就是Jim。
He's a great violinist and I'm sure he'd say yes.
他小提琴拉得很棒,而且我確定他一定會同意的。
The thing is he's not very reliable.
問題是他有點不太靠譜。
I mean, I'm in the orchestra with him and he's always showing up late for rehearsals.
我們倆在同一個管弦樂隊,他排練的時候總是遲到。
Oh, so you're not sure you can depend on him.
哦,所以你不確定他是不是靠得住。
Exactly, and we have less than a week left to rehearse for the concert.
正是如此。而且現在離音樂會只剩不到一個星期的排練時間了。
We'd really need him to show up on time for all our rehearsals.
我們真的很需要他準時參加所有的排練。