The speakers discuss two possible solutions to the woman's problem.
針對該女性的問題,兩名談話者正在討論兩種可能的解決方案。
Briefly summarize the problem then state which of the solutions you recommend and explain why.
請簡單地總結該問題,然后陳述你介紹的解決方案,并說明原因。
Listen to a conversation between two students.
請聽兩名學生之間的對話。
Hey, Marni, what's wrong? Oh, I'm just struggling about what to do.
嗨,Marni,怎么啦?噢,我正在糾結該怎么做呢。
I won an award from the Creative Writing Institute for a story I wrote and …
我寫的一個故事獲了創意寫作研究所的獎……
That doesn't sound like anything's wrong.
聽起來沒什么地方好糾結的呀。
Well, it's a huge honor to win and there's an award ceremony they've invited me to attend which I'm so excited about,
哦,能獲獎真是巨大的榮幸。我超級高興他們能邀請我去參加頒獎禮。
but, and here's what's frustrating: I've got a Biology exam that's scheduled for the same time.
但是,讓人沮喪的事兒來了:我有一門生物考試,時間和頒獎禮是一樣的,撞上啦。
Uh oh, well, have you talked to your professor about this?
噢,喔,呃,你向教授說明你的情況了嗎?
Yeah, she said I could write a five-page paper instead,
耶,她說我可以寫一篇約5頁的論文代替考試。
and I have lots of ideas and know I could do a good job, but.
而且,我有很多想法,我知道自己能寫好論文,但是。
But what? Well, writing a paper would take up so much time,
但是什么?哦,寫論文要花很多時間,
a lot more than studying for and taking the exam.
時間遠多于學習和參加考試的時間。
I have lots of other school work to deal with.
我還要完成其他的課程作業。
Oh! Or you could have someone else to receive the award for you.
噢!或者你可以叫別人替你去領獎。
I mean, go in your place and accept on your behalf.
我意思是,去頒獎禮,代表你領獎。
Maybe, I'll still get the award and the money that way.
也許,這樣我還是能夠獲獎,拿到獎金。
Oooh, you won money too? Yeah, pretty cool, huh?
喔喔,你還獲得獎金了啊?耶,真是太酷了,哈?
But anyways, my parents were really looking forward to coming
但是,不管怎么樣,我父母是真的特別期待去頒獎禮,
and seeing me on stage shaking hands with the Institute's president Knoff.
看我站在臺上和研究所所長 Knoff 握手。
I hate to disappoint them. True, I'm sure they are really proud.
我不想讓他們失望,我討厭這樣。真的,我確定他們一定很驕傲。
Like I said, I'm still struggling about what to do.
就像我之前所說的,我仍然很糾結該怎么做。