Here's what we find on dominance hormone.
關于主導性激素,我們有如下發現。
From their baseline when they come in, high-power people experience about a 20-percent increase, and low-power people experience about a 10-percent decrease.
相比于他們進來時的基線,強有力的人上升了20%,而無力的人下降了10%。
So again, two minutes, and you get these changes.
再次證明,2分鐘后,你發生了這些改變。
Concerning stress hormone, high-power people experience about a 25-percent decrease, and the low-power people experience about a 15-percent increase.
就皮質醇而言,強有力的人下降了25%,而無力的人上升了15%。
Once again, two minutes lead to these hormonal changes that configure your brain to basically be either assertive, confident or really stress-reactive, and, you know, feeling sort of shut down.
再次證明,2分鐘會導致這些激素的改變,基本上能讓你的大腦變得要么堅定而自信,要么易受到壓力的影響,以及,你知道的,感覺有點沮喪。
And we've all had that feeling, right?
我們都會有這種感受,對嗎?
So it seems that our nonverbals do govern how we think and feel about ourselves.
因此,我們的非語言行為似乎的確控制我們的想法以及我們對自身的感受。
Also, our bodies change our minds.
另外,我們的身體會改變我們的意識。
So, power posing for a few minutes really changes your life in meaningful ways.
因此,幾分鐘的力量姿勢的確會用有意義的方式來改變你的生活。
When I tell people about this, that our bodies change our minds and our minds can change our behavior,
當我把這些告訴人們時,也就是:我們的身體會改變我們的意識、我們的意識會改變我們的行為、
and our behavior can change our outcomes, they say to me, "I don't believe that. It feels fake. Right?"
以及我們的行為會改變最后的結果,他們和我說:“我不相信。感覺很假。對嗎?”
So I said, "fake it till you make it."
我會說:“你就假裝是這樣,直到真的變成這樣為止?!?/div>
I'm going to live you with this.
我要讓你這樣去做。
Before you go into the next stressful evaluative situation, for example, a job interview, for two minutes, try doing this,
在你進行下一個很有壓力的評估時,比如求職面試,試著用2分鐘的時間來做這個,
in the elevator, or at your desk behind closed doors and say to yourself "That's what I want to do."
在電梯里,或者在關著的門后面的桌子前對自己說:“這就是我想做的事。”
Configure your brain to do the best in that situation.
讓你的大腦在那種情況下達到最佳狀態。
Get your dominance hormone up, and get your stress hormone down.
讓你的主導性激素含量上升,皮質醇含量下降。
Don't leave that situation feeling like, oh, I didn't show them who I am.
不要讓情況變成這樣——哦,我沒有向他們展示出我是誰。
Leave that situation feeling like, oh, I really managed to say who I am and show who I am.
而要讓情況變成這樣——哦,我真的講出并展示出我是誰了。
To sum up, today, we talk about the "nonverbal expressions of power and dominance" and the strong effects of the change of behavior.
綜上所述,今天,我們講了“權力和支配地位的非語言表達”以及改變行為的強大作用。
I suggest you try power posing, which is simple but will significantly change the outcomes of your life.
我建議你們試試力量姿勢,它雖然簡單,但將極大地改變你的人生結局。
OK, next time we are going to discuss the social functions of body language.
好的,下一次我們要討論肢體語言的社會功能。