離家前
要出門了,千萬別拖拖拉拉或丟三落四的,但是也別忘了把自己打理得漂漂亮亮、神清氣爽哦。畢竟,出門在外,人家第一眼看到的就是你的外在形象。
我要上廁所。I’m going to the bathroom.
○ I have to go to the bathroom.
我得上廁所。
★ bathroom [] n. 浴室,盥洗室,廁所
你刷牙了嗎? Have you brushed your teeth?
★ brush [] v. 刷
★ tooth [] n. 牙齒(其復數為teeth)
我看上去怎么樣?How do I look?
○ Is my make-up OK?
我的妝可以嗎?
我要是早半小時起床就好了。
If only I had gotten up thirty minutes earlier.
■ if only 意為“要是…就好了”,引出的句子一般都用虛擬語氣。
把垃圾拿出去。太臭了。Take out the garbage. It stinks.
★garbage [] n. 垃圾
★ stink [] v. 發出惡臭
快點兒,要不我們就遲到了。Hurry up, or we’ll be late.
○ I’ll give you five more minutes.
我再給你五分鐘。
不要著急,還早呢。Don’t hurry. It’s still early.
○ Don’t rush me!
不要催我了!
★ rush [] v. 使倉促行事,催促,沖,奔,趕快
我得趕緊走了。I have to rush.
= I have to run.
○ I have to go. 我得走了。
○ I really must go. 我真的必須走了。
○ I’ve got to take off. 我得走了。
○ I gotta go. 我得走了。
記得帶上你的包。Remember to take your bag.
○ Don’t forget to take your bag. 別忘了拿你的包。
別忘了鎖門。Don’t forget to lock the door.
○ Be sure to turn off the gas. 一定要關掉煤氣。
糟糕,我把鑰匙鎖在房子里了。
Damn, I have locked the key in the house.
■ damn是在憤怒、厭煩、輕蔑或失望時表示抱怨、譴責或咒罵的一個詞。