美國俚語大全

>Unfortunately, the deal did not pan out. I lost a thousand dollars.
這筆生意不幸沒有成功,我損失了1,000美元。
美國口語俚語(18)
1.screw someone over欺負某人
After working in the office for ten years, Alice was fired for no apparent reason. How can they screw her over like that?
愛麗斯工作了十年之后,無緣無故被炒魷魚。他們怎么可以這樣欺負她呢?
2.down to the wire等到最后一刻才開始做事
Peter always waits until the last minute to do his work. I could never leave it down to the wire like that.
彼得總是等到最后一刻才開始做事。我從不想他那樣等到最后一刻才開始干。
3.buck抗拒
You can’t buck the system.
你無法抗拒整個制度。
4.blockhead笨蛋
Arnold is a blockhead if I ever saw one.
阿諾德是我見過的最笨的人。
5.blow the lid off揭發(丑聞)
That newspaper story blew the lid off the Senator’s illegal business deals.
報紙的報道揭發了參議員的非法勾當。
美國口語俚語(19)
1.round up集合
Round everybody up. It’s time for our business meeting.
叫大家集合,開會時間到了。
2.put someone up留宿某人
I can put you up for a couple of days. My apartment is big enough for two people.
你可以在我這里住幾天。我的公寓可以住兩個人。
3.take care of business負責
Who’s going to take care of business while I am away?
我不在的時候誰負責?
4.take out on拿…出氣
Don’t take your frustrations out on me.
別把氣出在我身上。
5.hot stuff大人物
He thinks he’s hot stuff. But everybody else thinks he’s a jerk.
他自以為了不得,但其他人認為他是個傻瓜。
美國口語俚語(20)
1.nitty-gritty細節,基本情況
Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. I want to hear what happens next.
讓我們來認真了解詳細的情況,我想知道后來發生了什么。
2.no good很糟
This typewriter is no good. Every time I use it, the ribbon falls out.
這臺打字機很糟。每次已用,色帶就掉下來。
3. have someone’s number清楚某人的底細,看穿某人
She dare not do anything to me, I have her number.
她不敢對我怎么樣的,因為我對她的底細一清二楚。
4. hot number新鮮、迷人的人或事務,尤物
Tom thinks Sherry is a hot number.
Tom認為Sherry是個尤物。
5. off the hook逃脫,溜掉,不受罰
I’ll let you off the hook this time, but don’t do that again.
這次不罰你,下次不要這樣干了。
美國口語俚語(21)
1.hunky-dory沒問題
Everything here is hunky-dory. Don’t worry.
別擔心,這里一切都沒問題。
2.I kid you not我不騙你
I kid you not. I saw this woman talking to her hand.
我不騙你。我看見這個女人跟她的手說話。
3.pop one’s cork大發脾氣
I’ve never seen Teresa pop her cork before. I always thought she was a very laid-back person.
我從來沒見過Teresa發脾氣。我原來一直以為她是個好好小姐。
4.poke one’s nose into something多管閑事
Gladys is always poking her nose into ot
