Message by UN Secretary-General António Guterres on the International Mother Earth Day
聯合國秘書長安東尼奧·古特雷斯國際地球母親日致辭
22 April 2025
2025年4月22日
Mother Earth is running a fever.
地球母親正在發燒。
Last year was the hottest ever recorded:
去年是有記錄以來最熱的一年:
The final blow in a decade of record heat.
創紀錄高溫十年的最后一擊。
We know what’s causing this sickness: the greenhouse gas emissions humanity is pumping into the atmosphere – overwhelmingly from burning fossil fuels.
我們知道病因:人類向大氣中排放的溫室氣體——絕大多數來自燃燒化石燃料。
We know the symptoms: devastating wildfires, floods and heat. Lives lost and livelihoods shattered.
我們知道癥狀:毀滅性的野火、洪水和高溫。生命喪失,生計破碎。
And we know the cure: rapidly reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and turbocharging adaptation, to protect ourselves – and nature – from climate disasters.
我們知道療法:迅速減少溫室氣體排放,加快適應,保護我們自己和大自然免受氣候災害的影響。
Getting on the road to recovery is a win-win.
走上康復之路是雙贏。
Renewable power is cheaper, healthier, and more secure than fossil fuel alternatives.
可再生能源比選擇化石燃料更便宜、更健康、更安全。
And action on adaptation is critical to creating robust economies and safer communities, now and in the future.
無論是現在還是將來,適應行動對于創造強勁的經濟和更安全的社區都至關重要。
This year is critical.
今年很關鍵。
All countries must create new national climate action plans that align with limiting global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius – essential to avoid the worst of climate catastrophe.
所有國家都必須制定新的國家氣候行動計劃,符合將全球氣溫上升限制在1.5攝氏度以內的需求——這對避免最嚴重的氣候災難至關重要。
This is a vital chance to seize the benefits of clean power. I urge all countries to take it, with the G20 leading the way.
這是抓住清潔能源帶來的慧益的重要機會。我促請所有國家抓住這一契機,二十國集團應帶頭這樣做。
We also need action to tackle pollution, slam the brakes on biodiversity loss, and deliver the finance countries need to protect our planet.
我們還需要采取行動解決污染問題,在生物多樣性的喪失問題上猛踩剎車,并為各國提供保護地球所需的資金。
Together, let’s get to work and make 2025 the year we restore good health to Mother Earth.
讓我們共同努力,使2025年成為我們恢復地球母親的健康之年。
本文轉載自英文巴士網,如有侵權,請聯系我們刪除。